The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

End of a first process... what's next?

WAMBST

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 14, 2015
Le Mans - France
One year ago, and ten months before I start reading The Millionaire Fastlane , I found myself stucked between a 9-5 borring job and a terrible endeavor to find my artistic way... I have always practiced drawing and I am a five or six years sculptor...
According to some american artists, I started then a year of daily painting (in fact, daily drawing...) to force myself to draw every day and to show my work on social networks. I just ended yesterday...
I now try to find an issue to this process.

For sure it was a good exercice :

- First, I left school fifteen years ago, and it was a good exercice for me to see if I was still able to work every day on something else than the ones given every day by my boss.
- Second, my drawing skills improved quickly, and I know that this kind of process should be applied to every skills I need to catch a fastlane.

But my question is : do I have to consider it only as an exercice, or can I turn it as a starting point for a fastlane business?

During this one year process, I read the Artist's way (for sure, read it!...) and many books on personnal improvment. But the one that striked me the most is the MJ's one... But as the end of the book, I failed to connect my artistics' skills with the CENTS law.

Do you think art enter the same category as professional basket?...

So, I try to imagine some other ways, starting from that exercise, and to join fastlane business. I think about starting with a personnal e-commerce shop in which I can sell my artistics products, and to improve it with services to art buyers and artists. That could extend my products list without killing my passion in an endless work on them... I should start localy and extend step by step to a larger scale...

And then start the questions... How to learn to catch customers? How to start to sell them art?How to provide them products on a long distance (especially for sculptures)? In fact, a huge amount of questions to which the first answers are spend money and outsource... After fifteen years between the sidewalk and the slowlane, I can not afford to start another way than from scratch, with no funding...
What do you think about that?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/...y-could-become-something-beautiful-literally/

Turning a skill like drawing into a profitable business is very well known path. You can create designs for various commodities like t-shirts and mugs and sell them through various sites like Shopify and Etsy. How much promotion do you do? Are you on Pinterest, showing off your work? Basically, you want to build up a community of people who really like your art and then offer them the ability to put that art on an item and buy it. Sculptures are bit more challenging, but that's something that you can turn into a premium offering.

WAMBST

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 14, 2015
Le Mans - France
http://www.youneedabudget.com/blog/...y-could-become-something-beautiful-literally/

Turning a skill like drawing into a profitable business is very well known path. You can create designs for various commodities like t-shirts and mugs and sell them through various sites like Shopify and Etsy. How much promotion do you do? Are you on Pinterest, showing off your work? Basically, you want to build up a community of people who really like your art and then offer them the ability to put that art on an item and buy it. Sculptures are bit more challenging, but that's something that you can turn into a premium offering.
Thanks for your post... During this year of daily drawing, I put my drawings every day on FB and instagram, but didn't succed to extend my fans' circle (In fact, I didn't really try...). I think that's my biggest problem. I am not used to promote and sell my products. Moreover, I don't succed to sell (even to tell about selling...) to people I know, and I understood that it is often the spark for a market.
So, I will begin to work on my network. I am on vacation this week, and that give me one week to create an identity for my business, and to test different ways (I didn't think about Pinterest, but it's an interesting one...).
I love the way "challenge" instead of "problem". For sure, the sculptures should be my premium offering after this first step...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.