The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join today.

Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has helped entrepreneurs win their freedom with over 38,000 game-changing posts. Join over 90,000 members and a library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurship: expectations vs reality

Threads with an onging chat or conversation

Collector

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jan 7, 2024
**ENTREPRENEURSHIP: Expectations vs Reality**

**Expectation:** If I join the Fastlane INSIDERS, I'll learn so much valuable information and get rich.

**Reality:** No amount of information will save me. Knowledge is useless unless you apply it. Execution is the only thing that will get you there. The "boring" stuff will make you rich.

Business is a collection of boring tasks, each like a puzzle piece. From creating an email address to designing a product, learning to market it, doing cold calls, conducting market research, testing ads, and analyzing results to making a sale.

It's really the boring stuff that makes it work. IT'S THE DOING, folks. You already know enough, which I wish I had known three years ago. The most important knowledge comes from experience, from real-life testing, doing, creating, and trials and errors.

You can't read that in a book (more or less).

You never know what you need to know until you START DOING. Until you put your product into the market, you'll never see the full picture.

Take each step at a time. Problems will come up; solve them one at a time.

I always think about going through a forest at night with a small flashlight. You can't see further without taking steps and walking.

Even if the business fails, try to minimize the cost until the concept is proven by strangers giving you money.

If it fails, at least you'll have some straight-up real-life business experience that you can't read about, and that's part of you now.

Imagine someone telling you how it feels to spar in boxing versus you putting the gloves on and doing it yourself. How much more would you know that way? Now imagine doing it for a year.

Most of the books I read didn't help me much. Of course, *Unscripted * and *Millionaire Fastlane * helped me a ton, but even some parts I couldn't absorb, understand, or memorize because I wasn't ready for the information or it didn't click at that time.

Really living it and then rereading some parts of the book made me realize that I missed so much value.

That's my observation.

Don't rely too much on information. Go do something.

You don't know how to do XYZ? Go watch a video on YouTube or hire someone cheap.

Business is really a skill, and you can only learn it by doing it and playing the game. Effort, time, experience, and repetition.

You don't need the perfect business to start. Make 100 bucks first. You'll learn so much more instead of mentally masturbating about becoming rich and waiting for the perfect idea or business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gypsy Soul

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jun 27, 2024
San Antonio, TX

**Expectation:** If I join the Fastlane INSIDERS, I'll learn so much valuable information and get rich.

**Reality:** No amount of information will save me. Knowledge is useless unless you apply it. Execution is the only thing that will get you there. The "boring" stuff will make you rich.

Business is a collection of boring tasks, each like a puzzle piece. From creating an email address to designing a product, learning to market it, doing cold calls, conducting market research, testing ads, and analyzing results to making a sale.

It's really the boring stuff that makes it work. IT'S THE DOING, folks. You already know enough, which I wish I had known three years ago. The most important knowledge comes from experience, from real-life testing, doing, creating, and trials and errors.

You never know what you need to know until you START DOING. Until you put your product into the market, you'll never see the full picture.

I always think about going through a forest at night with a small flashlight. You can't see further without taking steps and walking.

Even if the business fails, try to minimize the cost until the concept is proven by strangers giving you money.

If it fails, at least you'll have some straight-up real-life business experience that you can't read about, and that's part of you now.

Imagine someone telling you how it feels to spar in boxing versus you putting the gloves on and doing it yourself. How much more would you know that way? Now imagine doing it for a year.

Most of the books I read didn't help me much. Of course, *Unscripted * and *Millionaire Fastlane * helped me a ton, but even some parts I couldn't absorb, understand, or memorize because I wasn't ready for the information or it didn't click at that time.

Really living it and then rereading some parts of the book made me realize that I missed so much value.

That's my observation.

You don't know how to do XYZ? Go watch a video on YouTube or hire someone cheap.

Business is really a skill, and you can only learn it by doing it and playing the game. Effort, time, experience, and repetition.

You don't need the perfect business to start. Make 100 bucks first. You'll learn so much more instead of mentally masturbating about becoming rich and waiting for the perfect idea or business.
Don't overthink it. Just do it.

Alexander Mish

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Nov 3, 2023

That's my observation.

Thank you for a reminder.
And you truly can't grasp everything from books, if you don't have enough real life experience, i felt that too while rereading some book. I was amazed at how deep it was, and what surface level judgements i made while reading it a few years ago.

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

This isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. Since 2007, multi-millionaire entrepreneur and best-selling author MJ DeMarco has been a daily, hands-on mentor at the Fastlane Forum, authoring a staggering 38,000 posts filled with invaluable insights, strategies, and advice. When you join Fastlane, you’re not merely becoming a member—you’re entering MJ’s inner circle, a supportive home where you’re never left to navigate alone. Embrace the power of true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs yearly
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Post comments, react, ask questions.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.