The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Evaluate my website and leave feedback(first website/product)

Shaheelm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 24, 2015
After reading the "$100 Start-Up", I came across a story where this guy wrote a e-book for the software Evernote. He ended up selling so much of them online and made over $120,000 within the first two years. I think he even got a job at Evernote because of that.

While reading the book, I was trying to think of what I could write about. At the time, i was buying and selling on Gumtree(Australian version of Craigslist) to make money and I thought maybe i could write about that so I did. Wrote a short guide on how to sell on Gumtree, how to be safer and how to get more money. Added a nice design to the book, got it proofread from family and the book was ready.

Then I paid about $90AUD for hosting and a domain and created this website- sellingongumtree.com
So after that, i created a one-page website, wrote some copy, linked the book with a buy button and did some basic SEO. The website was ready.

Now I've created a facebook page, reddit(i posted about my website then deleted the post), pinterest, whirlpool forum account. For now, I've only contacted people who listed their items on gumtree. I contacted over 100 people through email and i got less than 5 responses.

After two days and almost no interest, I know I should be a bit more patient but I'd like to get some feedback on my website and my progress. I just feel hopeless and want to cry(haven't cried so far) and I dont know why. I don't know if it will work and if i should spend more time on it or if i should stick with it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Nobody wants to read a wall of text which is what your website is. I didn't read it, and nobody else is going to read it either. Study copywriting and/or making a splash page.

You can go ahead and throw your existing webpage out because it is never going to be successful the way that it looks.

List your book on the warrior forum and people will buy it directly from you from your new splash page… Not this one.

You need to spend more time studying best practices.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Nobody wants to read a wall of text which is what your website is. I didn't read it, and nobody else is going to read it either. Study copywriting and/or making a splash page.

I immediately hit the back button after scrolling down this monster of a text block.. looked kinda weird with everything being on the left except for one ad on the right.. Like Vig said, the look of this page won't sell anything, because nobody wants to read that amount of text at once. A site with a big image of your book cover (which actually looks pretty good IMO) with a short list of benefits will do much more for you, than this text will ever do.. Just my 2cts.

Shaheelm

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 24, 2015
@Vigilante Thanks. I went to that site and I'm going to sign up now. What exactly is best practices?
@Supa I agree it's too long. Thanks

I guess what i was trying to do was i was trying to sell with a story and i guess it wasnt that interesting

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.