The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Expansion into the web host reselling business and other ways to leverage existing web design clients.

Idea threads

Reezy64

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jul 21, 2023
Sup guys.

I have just recently ventured into building my own web design business from South Africa and successfully got my first two clients from the guidance of awesome contributors from this forum such as @Fox .

While I do appreciate the business that I have been able to drum up from my first clients, I can't help but wonder if I could find other ways to leverage my existing as well as any future clients I might have by also offering to handle their hosting and also becoming a web host reseller.

I was hoping you guys could give me tips (as well as good web hosting providers that can allow me to become a reseller) on how I can make this a reality with a relatively low budget as I'm a person from a lower middle class family living in a third world country who refuses to let his circumstances be an excuse not to acquire an income from the fastlane.

I would also appreciate it if I could incorporate even more ideas to leverage my existing clients besides web host reselling but I'm just not sure where to start (no idea is too small or insignificant for me, if you can think of something that works for you and/or could work for myself then I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know about it).

Cheers mates, and I humbly thank all of you in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Sup guys.

I have just recently ventured into building my own web design business from South Africa and successfully got my first two clients from the guidance of awesome contributors from this forum such as @Fox .

While I do appreciate the business that I have been able to drum up from my first clients, I can't help but wonder if I could find other ways to leverage my existing as well as any future clients I might have by also offering to handle their hosting and also becoming a web host reseller.

I was hoping you guys could give me tips (as well as good web hosting providers that can allow me to become a reseller) on how I can make this a reality with a relatively low budget as I'm a person from a lower middle class family living in a third world country who refuses to let his circumstances be an excuse not to acquire an income from the fastlane.

I would also appreciate it if I could incorporate even more ideas to leverage my existing clients besides web host reselling but I'm just not sure where to start (no idea is too small or insignificant for me, if you can think of something that works for you and/or could work for myself then I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know about it).

Cheers mates, and I humbly thank all of you in advance.

Web design hosting is one of the lowest and tightest margin ways to make more per web design client, especially if they don't pay that much to begin with. It is possible - but just takes a long time to add up.

What you want ideally is a high-priced, reoccurring thing to upsell your clients to.

That could be:
- SEO
- Branding
- Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Web Applications
- Landing Pages and funnels
- Maintenance (better margins than hosting)
- E-commerce side to the website (if applicable)

One good email marketing monthly deal could be worth 50+ hosting deals.

Reezy64

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Jul 21, 2023
Web design hosting is one of the lowest and tightest margin ways to make more per web design client, especially if they don't pay that much to begin with. It is possible - but just takes a long time to add up.

What you want ideally is a high-priced, reoccurring thing to upsell your clients to.

That could be:
- SEO
- Branding
- Analytics
- Email Marketing
- Web Applications
- Landing Pages and funnels
- Maintenance (better margins than hosting)
- E-commerce side to the website (if applicable)

One good email marketing monthly deal could be worth 50+ hosting deals.
Noted, this is exactly the advice I needed to hear. I will begin the path to learning most if not all of the above skills in order to retain higher paying reoccurring clients. Thank you very much for the tips.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.