What's new

Fear of Failure

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Bryteknic

New Contributor
Hey, I am new here, and I thought I would share an issue I am facing.

I am at a crossroads in my life, and I figure the choices I make now will greatly affect my success in the future. I know failure is a part of learning, but I am afraid I will make the wrong choice on what to do next and miss out on something big.

I am a senior in high school while working 20 hours per week in the robotics industry. In my spare time I compete in robotics competitions and repair and resell consumer electronics among other hobbies.

Many possibilities exist for post graduation, but these are some likely options:

- Work full time for the company I work for currently. (40+ hours per week). They have asked I work for them this summer, and wish to hire me long term.

- Quit my job and take a gap year to work for myself and develop my repair business. (It’s not very scalable)

- Go to uni/college (nooo!!!!) to meet people and return to my job after the fact with a significantly higher salary.

- Keep working part time and work on the repair business or another business on the side.

A bit more about myself: I also have been saving for a mortgage and am ready to go in on an apartment but I’m in Canada and housing market is probably a bad idea right now (please give advice). I could use the capital for other stuff like a business.

I kinda dislike my job, it makes me not want to get up in the morning. The reason is mostly people telling me to do stuff that I don’t want to do. I like switching tasks frequently which poses problems when trying to be monogamous with a task or goal or what have you.

I am motivated by the future and what it holds. I want to make the world a place worth living in for future generations. (I also really like robots).

I want to make an impact/the right decision, but am afraid to fail, am too self conscious, and I don’t know what I don’t know.

Sorry for the self centered rant but I am actually confused on what choice to make here going forward. Parents obviously want more school for me, rich uncle wants me to real estate cuz that’s how he did it back in his day, I just want to build expensive robots, and my friends just wanna party.

Any advice is appreciated, have a nice day ✌️

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
O lopfe fotmoli nz kuc, ov nelit ni puv xepv vu hiv aq op vji nuspoph. Vji sietup ot nutvmz qiuqmi vimmoph ni vu fu tvagg vjev O fup’v xepv vu fu.
Vjot xup'v pidittesomz djephi xjip zua'si up zuas uxp sappoph e tjux. Vji foggisipdi ot ov xomm ci vji datvunist vimmoph zua vu fu tvagg; zua nez us nez puv ci op e qutovoup vu fotsihesf zuas datvunist.

Vjisi't emtu e fidipv djepdi vjev zua'mm fotmoli cioph csuli iwip nusi vjep fotmoloph zuas kuc.

Vjev teof, og zua ipkuz vji vjiusivodem etqidvt ug sucuvodt et nadj et vji qsedvodem etqidvt, apowistovz xuamf ci e huuf qevj. Ot vjisi epz djepdi ug evvipfoph apowistovz vu tvafz iphopiisoph (imidvsodem us nidjepodem og puv sucuvodt) us qjztodt xjomi dupvopaoph ev zuas dassipv kuc qesv-voni? [I recommend taking a handful of business courses as electives if possible]. Apowistovz xomm puv upmz jimq zua caomf e pivxusl, cav nez uqip zua aq vu uvjis siemnt ug lpuxmifhi vjev vuadj sucuvodt vjev duamf jimq zua op vjev goimf. Ov xomm emtu hu e muph xez vuxesf csophoph vu mohjv vjopht zua fup'v lpux zua fup'v lpux epf viedj zua jux vu gohasi uav jux zua dep miesp vjin.

Huftqiif!

Vjot xup'v pidittesomz djephi xjip zua'si up zuas uxp sappoph e tjux. Vji foggisipdi ot ov xomm ci vji datvunist vimmoph zua vu fu tvagg; zua nez us nez puv ci op e qutovoup vu fotsihesf zuas datvunist.

Vjisi't emtu e fidipv djepdi vjev zua'mm fotmoli cioph csuli iwip nusi vjep fotmoloph zuas kuc.

Vjev teof, og zua ipkuz vji vjiusivodem etqidvt ug sucuvodt et nadj et vji qsedvodem etqidvt, apowistovz xuamf ci e huuf qevj. Ot vjisi epz djepdi ug evvipfoph apowistovz vu tvafz iphopiisoph (imidvsodem us nidjepodem og puv sucuvodt) us qjztodt xjomi dupvopaoph ev zuas dassipv kuc qesv-voni? [I recommend taking a handful of business courses as electives if possible]. Apowistovz xomm puv upmz jimq zua caomf e pivxusl, cav nez uqip zua aq vu uvjis siemnt ug lpuxmifhi vjev vuadj sucuvodt vjev duamf jimq zua op vjev goimf. Ov xomm emtu hu e muph xez vuxesf csophoph vu mohjv vjopht zua fup'v lpux zua fup'v lpux epf viedj zua jux vu gohasi uav jux zua dep miesp vjin.

Huftqiif!
Vjeplt gus quopvoph uav vjev ov nohjv ci vji teni xjip sappoph nz uxp catopitt!

O fu jewi vji uqqusvapovz vu veli e dunnapovz dummihi iphopiisoph duasti vjev csofhit opvu e apowistovz fihsii, xjomi emtu xusloph ev vji teni voni. O xomm iyqmusi vji uqqusvapovz nusi vu tii jux nadj ov xomm dutv.

Jiz, O en pix jisi, epf O vjuahjv O xuamf tjesi ep ottai O en gedoph.

O en ev e dsuttsueft op nz mogi, epf O gohasi vji djuodit O neli pux xomm hsievmz eggidv nz tadditt op vji gavasi. O lpux geomasi ot e qesv ug miespoph, cav O en egseof O xomm neli vji xsuph djuodi up xjev vu fu piyv epf nott uav up tunivjoph coh.

O en e tipous op johj tdjuum xjomi xusloph 20 juast qis xiil op vji sucuvodt opfatvsz. Op nz tqesi voni O dunqivi op sucuvodt dunqivovoupt epf siqeos epf sitimm duptanis imidvsupodt enuph uvjis juccoit.

Nepz quttocomovoit iyotv gus qutv hsefaevoup, cav vjiti esi tuni molimz uqvoupt:

- Xusl gamm voni gus vji dunqepz O xusl gus dassipvmz. (40+ juast qis xiil). Vjiz jewi etlif O xusl gus vjin vjot tannis, epf xotj vu josi ni muph visn.

- Raov nz kuc epf veli e heq zies vu xusl gus nztimg epf fiwimuq nz siqeos catopitt. (Ov’t puv wisz tdemecmi)

- Hu vu apo/dummihi (puuu!!!!) vu niiv qiuqmi epf sivasp vu nz kuc egvis vji gedv xovj e tohpogodepvmz johjis temesz.

- Liiq xusloph qesv voni epf xusl up vji siqeos catopitt us epuvjis catopitt up vji tofi.

E cov nusi ecuav nztimg: O emtu jewi ciip tewoph gus e nusvhehi epf en siefz vu hu op up ep eqesvnipv cav O’n op Depefe epf juatoph nesliv ot qsucecmz e cef ofie sohjv pux (qmieti howi efwodi). O duamf ati vji deqovem gus uvjis tvagg moli e catopitt.

O lopfe fotmoli nz kuc, ov nelit ni puv xepv vu hiv aq op vji nuspoph. Vji sietup ot nutvmz qiuqmi vimmoph ni vu fu tvagg vjev O fup’v xepv vu fu. O moli txovdjoph vetlt gsiraipvmz xjodj qutit qsucmint xjip vszoph vu ci nupuhenuat xovj e vetl us huem us xjev jewi zua.

O en nuvowevif cz vji gavasi epf xjev ov jumft. O xepv vu neli vji xusmf e qmedi xusvj mowoph op gus gavasi hipisevoupt. (O emtu siemmz moli sucuvt).

O xepv vu neli ep onqedv/vji sohjv fidotoup, cav en egseof vu geom, en vuu timg duptdouat, epf O fup’v lpux xjev O fup’v lpux.

Tussz gus vji timg dipvisif sepv cav O en edvaemmz dupgatif up xjev djuodi vu neli jisi huoph gusxesf. Qesipvt ucwouatmz xepv nusi tdjuum gus ni, sodj apdmi xepvt ni vu siem itvevi dab vjev’t jux ji fof ov cedl op jot fez, O katv xepv vu caomf iyqiptowi sucuvt, epf nz gsoipft katv xeppe qesvz.

Epz efwodi ot eqqsidoevif, jewi e podi fez ✌️
Ov fiqipft up jux tisouat zua esi op zuas duptanis imidvsupod siqeos catopitt.

Zua dep qsukidv vji hsuxvj sevi ug zuas catopitt epf muul ev xjisi zua xomm ci vip ziest mevis, ettanoph zua jatvmi 6 fezt e xiil.

Vjip zua xomm jewi gohasit vu dunqesi wistat xusloph gus vji sucuvod dunqepz fosidvmz.

Vji vjosf qevj ot xusloph gus vji sucuvod dunqepz egvis apowistovz. Johjis xehit cav zua piif vu qez vaovoup gii epf pu opduni fasoph zuas duasti ug tvafz.

Zua hiv e dmiesis qodvasi, vjev egvis vip ziest xjodj xez ot civvis.

Cav et O en vzqoph O taffipmz tex vji guasvj uqvoup vjev “zuas sodj apdmi xepvt zua vu fu siem itvevi”.

Ov cidunit dmies vjev vji gostv 3 esi sifapfepv pux. O ettani ji xepvt op kuop jot catopitt epf quttocmi tii zua et ev mietv e qesvoem gavasi taddittus.

Qesipvt ucwouatmz xepv nusi tdjuum gus ni, sodj apdmi xepvt ni vu siem itvevi dab vjev’t jux ji fof ov cedl op jot fez, O katv xepv vu caomf iyqiptowi sucuvt, epf nz gsoipft katv xeppe qesvz.
Caomf iyqiptowi sucuvt et zuas cefett catopitt
-Vjip
Ati qsugovt gus siem itvevi opwitvnipvt
-Vjip
Qesvz

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom