The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally, I cannot afford next month’s due.

Anything related to matters of the mind

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
The business I’ve built in the US for the past five months did not yield income. I knew that I am living on loans and a budget. Now is the time to get a job, right?

I’ve unfortunately given myself the promise to never get a job again three years back.

Inpsired by Grant Cardone’s philosophy from ‘Undercover Billionaire,’ I believe that being broke provides necessary pressure to stay motivated. I’ve been living on a tight budget for years
(min/max 6,600€ - 21,600€ / $7,200 - $23,400 / year) and feel that having no money forces me to be more creative.

The idea of hitting “Send Application” is safety, yet I see it as a “Get me the f*** out of here!” button. Working +18-hour days and optimizing every aspect of my life for the business might seem extreme, but I love the intensity.

Flying this close to the sun is stressful, and it’s not advice I’d offer, but it has kept my passion alive.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
The business I’ve built in the US for the past five months did not yield income. I knew that I am living on loans and a budget. Now is the time to get a job, right?

I’ve unfortunately given myself the promise to never get a job again three years back.

Inpsired by Grant Cardone’s philosophy from ‘Undercover Billionaire,’ I believe that being broke provides necessary pressure to stay motivated. I’ve been living on a tight budget for years
(min/max 6,600€ - 21,600€ / $7,200 - $23,400 / year) and feel that having no money forces me to be more creative.

The idea of hitting “Send Application” is safety, yet I see it as a “Get me the f*** out of here!” button. Working +18-hour days and optimizing every aspect of my life for the business might seem extreme, but I love the intensity.

Flying this close to the sun is stressful, and it’s not advice I’d offer, but it has kept my passion alive.
Go get a goddamn job—nothing shameful about it. Many of us here have a full-time or side job that we use to bootstrap our business.

Quitting your job or dropping out of school should only happen when you hit the point where your business starts making consistent revenue.

Also, you won't be able to make any progress at all if you're homeless or starving.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
Also, you won't be able to make any progress at all if you're homeless or starving.
I absolutely agree. Yet, being homeless and starving were scenarios in which I was able to make a substantial amount of growth.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I absolutely agree. Yet, being homeless and starving were scenarios in which I was able to make a substantial amount of growth.
Growth is subjective. Wealth is tangible and measurable.

It sounds to me like your business is just a job in disguise if you're living that frugally. Your time is married to it, not separated from it.

You're a slowlaner at the moment, saving every ounce and pinching every penny in the hope that it will work out someday.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
My god.

That’s insane. You don’t need to be broke to be motivated!

Why put this type of pressure when you know you’ll have enough pressure from business anyway.

Worse yet, Cardone is the opposite of broke to be motivated. Stop following dumb gurus even if they are rich.

Look. If you aren’t making it in business over this long period, you are doing something very wrong. Stop kidding yourself thinking “I’m making progress”. Shit people made fortunes in half the time you are mentally jerking off “progress”.

Pay your bills! Do what it takes to have extra cash and the double down on what works. If you can’t even figure out how to live a good life with some minimal employment, what chance do you have as an entrepreneur?

Give your head a shake!

What did you learn from MJs books? Why are you here?

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
It sounds to me like your business is just a job in disguise if you're living that frugally. Your time is married to it, not separated from it.

You're a slowlaner at the moment, saving every ounce and pinching every penny in the hope that it will work out someday.
What is your idea of living frugally in this scenario?

My time is only bound to building onto it, not running it. The system stands as is, removing myself will simply decrease the speed of progression. One customer is acquired, fully automated except for providing service!

That’s insane. You don’t need to be broke to be motivated!

Why put this type of pressure when you know you’ll have enough pressure from business anyway.
That was one thought of mine, to reduce the amount of stress caused by the situation to begin with. Luckily, I am healthy.
For some reason, I've gotten seriously sick when employed, living in comfort.

Worse yet, Cardone is the opposite of broke to be motivated. Stop following dumb gurus even if they are rich.

Look. If you aren’t making it in business over this long period, you are doing something very wrong. Stop kidding yourself thinking “I’m making progress”. Shit people made fortunes in half the time you are mentally jerking off “progress”.
Absolutely. Listening to people freshly making it is more vaueable, agreed. Yet, the approach makes sense to me.

I have been making business. I have experience in my current field with multiple clients in Germany, while having one client in the US!

The take on "j.o. "progress"", though, is very interesting. I have been pushing the obvious tasks away, replacing them with helpful, but not necessary ones, i.e. "making progress". 100% of the tasks are allocated towards marketing since today.

If you can’t even figure out how to live a good life with some minimal employment, what chance do you have as an entrepreneur?
This is the question of which I need an answer. Everything I've learned and went through makes me question this every day. Yet, with minimal success, I still overexceed the experiences of employment.

To note, I never applied for a job in the US, since my 5 months living here.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
Having your back against the wall certainly provides extra motivation, but solely relying on motivation is a Slowlane mentality. Discipline is what Fastlaners use and it doesn't require being broke or the threat of starvation as fuel. Get a job, pay the bills, and then do the work needed for a business without the ticking clock of homelessness.

Just because Grant Cardone is a billionaires, doesn't mean his advice has any value. Think for yourself and do what is best for you.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
What did you learn from MJs books? Why are you here?
The most important lesson has been setting clear definitions of one's goals, path to achieve them and comparing them with real-time events, reassessing on a general basis. Basically what I am doing on a daily basis.

The reason I am here is to join a community of extremely smart people. I'd never have this kind of conversation with anyone I've ever met. I appreciate it.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
Having your back against the wall certainly provides extra motivation, but solely relying on motivation is a Slowlane mentality. Discipline is what Fastlaners use and it doesn't require being broke or the threat of starvation as fuel. Get a job, pay the bills, and then do the work needed for a business without the ticking clock of homelessness.
Luckily, this is not due to stay motivated to keep going. I'd do nothing different, even if I weren't in this situation.

But it is a difference if you "know" you have 3 years to make it work, vs 30 days. In exactly those scenarios, I surprise myself by what I'm able to do, asking myself "What else am I leaving on the table?".

Homelessness may be an end of a chapter, but in turn also a beginning of one.

And what do you mean with '..relying on motivation is a Slowlane mentality.'?

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Luckily, this is not due to stay motivated to keep going. I'd do nothing different, even if I weren't in this situation.

But it is a difference if you "know" you have 3 years to make it work, vs 30 days. In exactly those scenarios, I surprise myself by what I'm able to do, asking myself "What else am I leaving on the table?".

Go read UNSCRIPTED .

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I’ll just quote my own threads that I think you’ll find helpful. :) Good luck.

Thread 'I believe in magic, and why you should too.'
GOLD! - MINDSET - I believe in magic, and why you should too.

Thread 'Tell us, who are you?'
GOLD! - ASSERTION - MINDSET - Tell us, who are you?

Thread 'Antifragile's take: The secret to scaling up.'
IDEA - SCALING - SUCCESS! - Antifragile's take: The secret to scaling up.

Thread '8 Steps To Help You Plan for Business Success, a How-To Guide'
GOLD! - EXECUTION - 8 Steps To Help You Plan for Business Success, a How-To Guide

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
I too don't understand this fallacy.

I think this "being broke and desperate" or "dropping out of college to pursue your dreams" is part of the childish, overly dramatic, and cinematic idea promoted by the self-help gurus.

A successful business, at its core, is exceptionally simple:
  • You provide value to other people.
  • Other people throw money at you.
  • You provide more value...
How effective you are at running this system and the magnitude (scale) of your operation will determine your level of success.

Nothing else matters.

None of your customers give a shit about your own personal story, struggles, motivation, wishes, desires, or goals.

They are only interested in one thing, and one thing only: Can you solve my problem? YES or NO?

If you need something to scare you to stay motivated, a HELL to run away from, I would suggest this:

1708844153549.png

TIME baby, TIME!

You're running out of F*cking TIME and in less than 100 years you'll be topsoil.

ACHIEVE SUCCESS FASTER - LIFE NEEDS TO HAPPEN NOW

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
If you need something to scare you to stay motivated, a HELL to run away from, I would suggest this:

View attachment 54443

TIME baby, TIME!

You're running out of F*cking TIME and in less than 100 years you'll be topsoil.

ACHIEVE SUCCESS FASTER - LIFE NEEDS TO HAPPEN NOW
This is really it at the end of the day, the rest is fluff. People from all circumstances and backgrounds find success. Don't obsess over irrelevant tertiary things like your romanticized story or struggle (especially manufacturing your own struggle, how disgustingly privileged that is), just figure out what what needs to be done then make the best choices so as not to waste your most precious asset - time.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
I quit university right before the final exam (which I could easily do without any preparation), so I would be "motivated" just like you. It would be too painful to fail and too embarrassing to ask the university to accept me back and let me finish my degree. My example was a rapper (forgot which one) who was asked why did he tattoo his entire face (he was the first to do it and go viral). He said: "I've been trying to make it for years, and there's nothing else I want to do, who's going to hire me with a face covered in tattoos?"

5-ish years later, I'm doing fine, not making as much as I planned to but living a better lifestyle than I imagined (traveling constantly wherever I want, working remotely).

However, it wasn't the smartest move, I barely survived the first 2 years, then the next 2 years I was swinging from: "Woohoo, triple the average salary in my country to F*ck, F*ck, F*ck, the next month."

I wouldn't change it but instead, I could have finished my degree, got a cozy job paying $30 an hour, low stress, forget about it after 4 pm, and spent the rest of the time building a business in a more developed country where there's an abundance of support (studied in Denmark, originally from Latvia).

Grant Cardone is a billionaire, you're basically (or actually?) homeless, and nothing he says applies to you. Get a job, and pay your bills, that won't stop you from building a successful business. There are people building businesses and working full-time while being a parent. Plus, you're in the US, if you can't succeed there, entrepreneurship is just not for you.

Last edited:

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
None of your customers give a shit about your own personal story, struggles, motivation, wishes, desires, or goals.

They are only interested in one thing, and one thing only: Can you solve my problem? YES or NO?

If you need something to scare you to stay motivated, a HELL to run away from,..
Absolutely. I don't want a bit faster car or a big house. What I've been learning the past few weeks is building a network. Luckily, I've been connecting with local business owners, who I meet on a regular basis!

I absolutely agree with the message about time, yet, I am not scared of the situation, but found a great deal of curiosity, whether or not it is possible.
I’ll just quote my own threads that I think you’ll find helpful. :) Good luck.
Thank you for quoting the threads, I will go through them!

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
Why don’t you post about your business problems? Maybe someone can help.
My main question is up on the forum! The system is working, which in turn now leaves me with one area left to do; Social Media Marketing, which I have never gotten into before (neither personally, nor for business).

5-ish years later, I'm doing fine, not making as much as I planned to but living a better lifestyle than I imagined (traveling constantly wherever I want, working remotely).

However, it wasn't the smartest move, I barely survived the first 2 years, then the next 2 years I was swinging from: "Woohoo, triple the average salary in my country to F*ck, F*ck, F*ck, the next month."

I wouldn't change it but instead, I could have finished my degree, got a cozy job paying $30 an hour, low stress, forget about it after 4 pm, and spent the rest of the time building a business in a more developed country where there's an abundance of support (studied in Denmark, originally from Latvia).
Thanks for sharing your story, and congrats on your achievement, it's truly impressive!

I'm not sure if it is just common to think the "Dropout"-mentality applies, or if I'm making it blatently obvious and just don't see it in myself. The idea of having a well-paying job and getting cozy, in turn slowing down the process of self-development and business were factors which drove me away, but not a reason to become an entrepreneur.

I am highly obsessive with what I have infront of me, which in turn leads to me leaving other responsibilities and task on the side (which is why I am in this situation to begin with). It is the approach that I've adopted from a few people, including Mr. Cardone, which is why I mentioned him. It can also be Louis Zamperini, Inky Johnson or David Goggins.

My target is to make the required amount until the end of March, so I'm still a tenant. I definitely got some invalueable insights and thinking more carefully since I've started this thread!

I improved the current plan with a more precise strategy and executional plan, so thank you very much y'all!

Any thoughts and opinions are still highly welcome!

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
My main question is up on the forum! The system is working, which in turn now leaves me with one area left to do; Social Media Marketing, which I have never gotten into before (neither personally, nor for business).

Thanks for sharing your story, and congrats on your achievement, it's truly impressive!

I'm not sure if it is just common to think the "Dropout"-mentality applies, or if I'm making it blatently obvious and just don't see it in myself. The idea of having a well-paying job and getting cozy, in turn slowing down the process of self-development and business were factors which drove me away, but not a reason to become an entrepreneur.

I am highly obsessive with what I have infront of me, which in turn leads to me leaving other responsibilities and task on the side (which is why I am in this situation to begin with). It is the approach that I've adopted from a few people, including Mr. Cardone, which is why I mentioned him. It can also be Louis Zamperini, Inky Johnson or David Goggins.

My target is to make the required amount until the end of March, so I'm still a tenant. I definitely got some invalueable insights and thinking more carefully since I've started this thread!

I improved the current plan with a more precise strategy and executional plan, so thank you very much y'all!

Any thoughts and opinions are still highly welcome!
I believe I generally have the same mentality, which is why I worked for about $500 a month for over a year, not quitting. However, at some point, it can turn into delusionally torturing yourself. I had this idea that: "just because I grind so relentlessly, it will work at some point", and it did, but I also changed my mind about a lot of things during the process and now see many things in a totally different light.

It's all mental, so while placing certain limitations in your life might give you "motivation" to work hard, so you could overcome those limitations, you could just have a mentality where you have a different motivator whatever that may be. As in my example, this rapper tattooed his face, stood out, and succeeded, but I bet there are many broke guys who've permanently made themselves look idiotic and their music or whatever they do sucks so bad, they should just do something else (however, now they have faces full of tattoos which don't help at all).

Like, you could also get a really expensive car on a payment plan, maybe it will push you to make more, so you can afford to pay for it, but maybe you'll get it taken away and end up with a pile of debt. Meanwhile, you could have used public transportation and read valuable books while traveling with it, and benefit more from that.

My point is do you, but also try to be objective and evaluate whether this gives you the push you need, or are you just suffering and it's actually limiting your growth in disguise.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
However, at some point, it can turn into delusionally torturing yourself. I had this idea that: "just because I grind so relentlessly, it will work at some point", and it did, but I also changed my mind about a lot of things during the process and now see many things in a totally different light.
The possibility of this kind of thinking becoming a habit does concern me.

I understand that there are numerous changes regularly, I’m curious what the most rememberable mental shift you’ve experienced was, given your similar situation. If you had to choose one, would it be related to your perspective on the approach of grinding it out?

It's all mental, so while placing certain limitations in your life might give you "motivation" to work hard, so you could overcome those limitations, you could just have a mentality where you have a different motivator whatever that may be. As in my example, this rapper tattooed his face, stood out, and succeeded,
Makes sense. Giving in to the consequences of certain decisions (tattooing the face, or actually becoming homeless) instead of giving another strategy a chance to push harder removes actually having a choice.

I do not know what I don’t know, so it could either be figured out in a week, or actually take me another year of unexpected and necessary lessons.

My point is do you, but also try to be objective and evaluate whether this gives you the push you need, or are you just suffering and it's actually limiting your growth in disguise.
Absolutely! It has to be a healthy balance, and I do recognize my inclination to lean towards the risky side.

FullTimePreneur

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 6, 2015
Jersey City

I feel that there's something else holding you back from achieving the dreams that you want, and a job is not what will constrain this. You need to dig deeper and figure out why you spend 18 hours a day working on your business but only generate a maximum of $24k per year. If that is true, you're getting paid ~$5/hr (assuming you're working these 18-hour days, 5 days a week).

I work a full-time job and run my business on the side, all while working much less than 18 hours a day with the job and business. With the business alone generating significantly more than $24k/yr in profits. I'm sure there are many other examples like this on the forum as well.

Take a look at the tasks you are doing every day and make sure you are prioritizing the right things that are moving the needle forward and not just working for the sake of working. Perhaps there are mundane or repetitive tasks that you repeatedly do that you can automate or outsource so you can focus on higher-level activities.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Nothing wrong with getting a job and working on your plan.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
The possibility of this kind of thinking becoming a habit does concern me.

I understand that there are numerous changes regularly, I’m curious what the most rememberable mental shift you’ve experienced was, given your similar situation. If you had to choose one, would it be related to your perspective on the approach of grinding it out?

Makes sense. Giving in to the consequences of certain decisions (tattooing the face, or actually becoming homeless) instead of giving another strategy a chance to push harder removes actually having a choice.

I do not know what I don’t know, so it could either be figured out in a week, or actually take me another year of unexpected and necessary lessons.

Absolutely! It has to be a healthy balance, and I do recognize my inclination to lean towards the risky side.
I am just a freelancer traveling/ digital nomad, not a wealthy entrepreneur, so I don't feel 100% qualified to give you advice. That said, I actually perform much better when I'm not forcing myself through hell.

For example, currently in my hometown in Eastern Europe and it's the end of winter, there's nothing aesthetic about it, so it could be a "motivator" - hate being in this shit place? Work harder, that's all you deserve.

But a month ago I was in Costa Rica, I worked 2-6 productive hours a day, made more money than this month working all day long, and felt infinitely better. Years ago, I would have thought: "I don't deserve to be in such nice places until I make $50K a month, I don't deserve any fun, grind, bitch."

I've already booked a private villa in Turkey for 2 months, and I'm 100% confident that I will feel much better and make more money than I will this month. I don't delay nice things as much anymore. I get more depressed by doing that instead of motivated.

I was strongly against getting a job too in case things don't work out, but when things got really slow, I joined agencies (did this twice) and those were invaluable experiences, I learned a lot and can now provide more value to my clients. I've seen how things work at a larger scale, and I've increased my network. Sure, flipping burgers instead wouldn't have helped. What also helped me realize that temporarily getting a job is not that bad - there are many (MANY!) people making a lot more money than the average entrepreneur working 9-5. Also, even on this forum, we've had stories of people building successful businesses while working full-time and being parents, now that sounds tough but they could do it, so a young male with no responsibilities can certainly do it too.

Forgot who it was but a really famous wealthy guy said he'd rather work 12 hours a day 7 days a week for low 5 figures a year on his own thing than get a high 6-figure job working for a company. When he said that, he was a millionaire/billionaire but if I heard someone broke saying that, I'd say he's delusional.

Last edited:

ygtrhos

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Dec 27, 2016
Inpsired by Grant Cardone’s philosophy from ‘Undercover Billionaire,’ I believe that being broke provides necessary pressure to stay motivated. I’ve been living on a tight budget for years.
Sorry, but this is very funny. :D

1. You are talking as if Grant Cardone is Nietzsche or Kant. As if that guy`s ideas can outlive 2-3 centuries. (My estimate is they cannot even survive a decade, the dude is making success porn)

2. "being broke provides necessary pressure to stay motivated" Maybe you should sell all your posessions and live under a bridge, you will be very very motivated then. Very logical.

3. You are almost proud of living on a tight budget, whereas being broke is nothing to be proud of (or ashamed of).

If you need money in the next 3-4 months, go & get a goddamn job.

Do not optimize for motivation, optimize for consistency.

I have been slowlaning my a$$ for around a decade. I have been unsuccessful on the fastlane but I have a rental property under my name (brings passive income btw), I have a decent car and I am not sleeping under a bridge.

It is definitely better here than sidewalking or being broke.

In fact, I am quite proud because people ask to borrow money from me. I am very meticulous about my money and where it goes. That is why I can just quit my job like that, without plan B. Because I had a job and I have money to buffer me.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
406%
Apr 16, 2019
Did you just move? And where in the US are you staying?

If you can't make rent, where will you move to?

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
Forgot who it was but a really famous wealthy guy said he'd rather work 12 hours a day 7 days a week for low 5 figures a year on his own thing than get a high 6-figure job working for a company. When he said that, he was a millionaire/billionaire but if I heard someone broke saying that, I'd think he's a delusional degenerate.
Mark Cuban said it on Shark Tank.

Also, given that time depreciates, there is a very strong mathematical argument to be made for choosing experiences now rather than later.

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
I feel that there's something else holding you back from achieving the dreams that you want, and a job is not what will constrain this. You need to dig deeper and figure out why you spend 18 hours a day working on your business but only generate a maximum of $24k per year.
To be fair, I've learned completely new legal systems, skills, software and ideas the past months, which took up 95% of the time. It would've been a better decision to get professionals on my side, instead of winging it myself.

I totally agree with something holding me back, which corelates with getting a job. Rather than not wanting a boss, it was more not wanting to rely on anybody, hence me not asking for help.
This thread made me understand the potential of reading different perspectives on an idea!

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
But a month ago I was in Costa Rica, I worked 2-6 productive hours a day, made more money than this month working all day long, and felt infinitely better. Years ago, I would have thought: "I don't deserve to be in such nice places until I make $50K a month, I don't deserve any fun, grind, bitch."

I've already booked a private villa in Turkey for 2 months, and I'm 100% confident that I will feel much better and make more money than I will this month. I don't delay nice things as much anymore. I get more depressed by doing that instead of motivated.
The villa in Turkey sounds very exciting! And that for two months, incredible!

It makes sense. Surrounding yourself with encouragements versus promises sounds much more promising to growth and mental well-being!

I was strongly against getting a job too in case things don't work out, but when things got really slow, I joined agencies (did this twice) and those were invaluable experiences, I learned a lot and can now provide more value to my clients. I've seen how things work at a larger scale, and I've increased my network.
I have been wanting to get into cold calls. A friend recommended me a former position he was in, especially due to the possibility of home-office. When I read what you said I remembered, this would be twice as benefitial!

Forgot who it was but a really famous wealthy guy said he'd rather work 12 hours a day 7 days a week for low 5 figures a year on his own thing than get a high 6-figure job working for a company. When he said that, he was a millionaire/billionaire but if I heard someone broke saying that, I'd say he's delusional.
I get that. Doing something you love in poor conditions sounds better than a job.
No apartment means less than poor conditions, making it hard to continue at all!

rdan

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 13, 2023
As an update, my current situation is much more promising.

While still not having the necessary funds to get by, I've gotten the opportunity of a dear friend to "work with him" in a well-paying commission-based company, meaning working depending on orders coming in.
Monday it became a decision, a day later was the actual job interview, probably this week I can start.

While I am able to blend out distractions and unfulfilling tasks that don't contribute to achieving the main goal, identifying a job as such will be more of an obstacle to do what I enjoy. It is now a necessary step to stay in the game.

Yet, on the side I am continuing with the business, now with a more actionable approach and strategy.
Systems are set in place with the intention to optimize and automize as soon as possible.

While going at it slow and stress-free is more enjoyable, being in a high-stake situation gives you much more valueable opportunities to teach you who you truly are.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
As an update, my current situation is much more promising.

While still not having the necessary funds to get by, I've gotten the opportunity of a dear friend to "work with him" in a well-paying commission-based company, meaning working depending on orders coming in.
Monday it became a decision, a day later was the actual job interview, probably this week I can start.

While I am able to blend out distractions and unfulfilling tasks that don't contribute to achieving the main goal, identifying a job as such will be more of an obstacle to do what I enjoy. It is now a necessary step to stay in the game.

Yet, on the side I am continuing with the business, now with a more actionable approach and strategy.
Systems are set in place with the intention to optimize and automize as soon as possible.

While going at it slow and stress-free is more enjoyable, being in a high-stake situation gives you much more valueable opportunities to teach you who you truly are.
Good shit. Love to see you moving in a more sustainable direction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.