The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding pain points in a particular industry

Anything related to matters of the mind

blakeis1099

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 17, 2023
Good day. I am currently trying to make great offers and generate leads for my web design business. Currently I have zero leads and I am confused about where to start.

Should I work on my offer first and then try and generate leads or should I work on generating leads first.
I need to understand customers pain points first but what is the best way to go about doing this?

Do I search Reddit? Is there a forum where all these people are where they complain about their problems?

I thought about frequenting anywhere where people might be complaining about free tools and offering maybe advice on how to use them but I am a ux/ui designer that uses Webflow I don't know anything about Wix or Squarspace? Should I learn more about these tools or would that be wasting time?

I feel as if there was a way for me to understand what these people are going through then I could start tailoring a product that acquiesces to there needs. How can I find this information now as a junior designer?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Prantice

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Sep 5, 2023
France
Good day. I am currently trying to make great offers and generate leads for my web design business. Currently I have zero leads and I am confused about where to start.

Should I work on my offer first and then try and generate leads or should I work on generating leads first.
I need to understand customers pain points first but what is the best way to go about doing this?

Do I search Reddit? Is there a forum where all these people are where they complain about their problems?

I thought about frequenting anywhere where people might be complaining about free tools and offering maybe advice on how to use them but I am a ux/ui designer that uses Webflow I don't know anything about Wix or Squarspace? Should I learn more about these tools or would that be wasting time?

I feel as if there was a way for me to understand what these people are going through then I could start tailoring a product that acquiesces to there needs. How can I find this information now as a junior designer?
Hello, I think you can find your leads and potential clients through your local circle.

Ask the local business which are located where you're currently living, they might be interested by your offer.

You can also ask your relative (friends, family...) if someone they know might be interested by your services.

These are my 2cents on this question :)

blakeis1099

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 17, 2023
Hello, I think you can find your leads and potential clients through your local circle.

Ask the local business which are located where you're currently living, they might be interested by your offer.

You can also ask your relative (friends, family...) if someone they know might be interested by your services.

These are my 2cents on this question :)
This is great. I currently do not have any family and friends who need websites built. If I decide to pursue the later choice, which is contacting local businesses in the area how should I go about introducing myself to them in a way that is not spammy or annoying or disruptive?

georgetod79

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Dec 6, 2020
Calgary, Canada

Hey!
First, check Fox and his free ebook about web design business.
He also has a course, and might still give a discount for forum members.
The point is that you don't need to be the best designer to be successful, but rather be good at understanding your prospect's needs.
And their needs might vary - e-commerce, local contractors, NGO, portfolio websites, studios, coaches, all have different needs.
To me it's challenging, but very exciting at the same time. Learning about the different businesses and finding solutions gives me great satisfaction.
My advice - get out, ask friends, relatives, post ads (Craigslist, Kijiji, any classifieds), check other local networks (Nextdoor, Alignable, etc.) Connect in business networking groups. Reply and outreach on ads (without being spammy). Make your own website, optimize it with SEO and CRO, so people can find you.
Good luck!

John D.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Aug 26, 2016

What kind of leads are you targeting? I would start there.

For example, let's say you're targeting e-commerce business owners.

There are tools like Apollo.io that have the option to filter databases of leads by technology used (Shopify, WooCommerce, etc.) as well as revenue generated and the number of employees.

You can easily build a solid list of leads just off of that.

Another idea is to manually find websites/landing pages designed with Webflow (use an extension like Wappalyzer to find out what tech they're using) and reach out to them. Offer to do a better job on the design.

Just some ideas off the top of my head.

Snowball

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Sep 12, 2023
California
I'd create something valuable you can give away for free: e.g. "How Roofers Can Get X% More Appointments a Week With Simple Website Tweaks" or whatever.

Make it professional and have quality info (e.g. actionable tips for CRO).

Run some targeted FB ads and give away the guide in exchange for contact info.

Call them and follow up. Learn more about their problems. Offer done-for-you services.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Step #1: Select Niche
Step #2: Go to Google.com/maps
Step #3: Find Businesses within niche and browse website.
Step #4: If website looks bad. Call phone number and ask to speak with the owner. (Find the owners name first)
Step #5: Find problems that he has, that you could possibly solve.
Step #6: Repeat until you have a portfolio or actual client.

:D

Two ways:

1. Calling directly to business owners and finding problems
2. Domain Experience: Working a job and finding a problem that way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.