The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First Steps On The Road Less Taken

morales0818

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 27, 2024
Hello everyone my name is Eduardo, I have read TMF and currently reading unscripted . Im eager to join this lifestyle with you all and fill a need where its needed. As of now in my journey i have a simple idea to find a way to make my current job more organized because i overheard coworkers complain about not there not being enough organization. Though their statement is vague and can mean a lot of things, doesn’t mean opportunity isn’t there. But now is where im stuck. All i’ve done is just search up if there was already a SaaS that provide document organization. Im curious to know what else i can do or lookup that can help me

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

cmh

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Feb 2, 2024
Texas
Welcome. Document organization is key to many organizations like mine. We do engineering and fabrication, mostly in the oil and gas sector. We produce a lot of engineering documents, like drawings, datasheets, and vendor documentation. I can tell you what I want:
  • Each "document" in the system should really be a collection of every past version of that document, that way i can look at the prior revision to see what changed, and see the status of the documents (ie Approved, In Review, In Progress, etc). This is much better than having multiple files in a list, or worse, scattered across folders.
  • i should be able to categorize the documents with a tagging feature, so i can screen docs by project, by discipline, by equipment tag number, etc. It would be so super for me to be able to say "I want all #Approved documents for #P-101 on project #03488. Bam, ready to design with the latest drawings and data sheets.
  • I'd like a simple way to do team reviews. See Bluebeam Revu for an example of group reviews. Basically i just need basic PDF drawing tools, along with "callout commenting". I should be able to invite my own company's users, as well as email addresses outside of my company for reviews.
  • document approval workflows that include serial and parallel reviewers. For example, in my company, it may be the case that a Stress Engineer needs to approve a drawing.... but it can be any one of 4 different guys. so once one of those 4 approves it, it goes on to the PM, etc.
  • It would be a great bonus to somehow integrate Microsoft OneDrive / Teams, but that's just a nice-to-have.
Nothing out there has all of these features in one box. Most things out there don't have a reasonable price either. I've wanted to do this myself, but I just don't have the time what with running a serious engineering company. I tell you what bro, if you do this and get a legitimate MVP, I'll test it on real world projects and bombard you with feedback.

morales0818

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Jan 27, 2024
Welcome. Document organization is key to many organizations like mine. We do engineering and fabrication, mostly in the oil and gas sector. We produce a lot of engineering documents, like drawings, datasheets, and vendor documentation. I can tell you what I want:
  • Each "document" in the system should really be a collection of every past version of that document, that way i can look at the prior revision to see what changed, and see the status of the documents (ie Approved, In Review, In Progress, etc). This is much better than having multiple files in a list, or worse, scattered across folders.
  • i should be able to categorize the documents with a tagging feature, so i can screen docs by project, by discipline, by equipment tag number, etc. It would be so super for me to be able to say "I want all #Approved documents for #P-101 on project #03488. Bam, ready to design with the latest drawings and data sheets.
  • I'd like a simple way to do team reviews. See Bluebeam Revu for an example of group reviews. Basically i just need basic PDF drawing tools, along with "callout commenting". I should be able to invite my own company's users, as well as email addresses outside of my company for reviews.
  • document approval workflows that include serial and parallel reviewers. For example, in my company, it may be the case that a Stress Engineer needs to approve a drawing.... but it can be any one of 4 different guys. so once one of those 4 approves it, it goes on to the PM, etc.
  • It would be a great bonus to somehow integrate Microsoft OneDrive / Teams, but that's just a nice-to-have.
Nothing out there has all of these features in one box. Most things out there don't have a reasonable price either. I've wanted to do this myself, but I just don't have the time what with running a serious engineering company. I tell you what bro, if you do this and get a legitimate MVP, I'll test it on real world projects and bombard you with feedback.
thanks for the response this really helps and also gives me at least at starting point. i appreciate your time!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...