• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

MARKETING FREE Wordpress Plugin - UTM Tracker

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

lludwig

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
276%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Most ad campaigns miss this one important step.

It's been said 97% of all ad campaigns lose money.

I almost fell off my chair when I first read that statistic.

One of the biggest issues I've seen with Internet Marketing isn't tracking the source of conversions. You can't measure what you don't know.

When optimizing organic search traffic (SEO), it really doesn't matter that much.

Sure not all search keywords are created equal, but you don't really care that much. Yes, some search keywords are more transactional, but in the end, you aren't paying for the traffic.

You don't care that 'best mortgages' doesn't convert as well as 'best 30-year mortgage'.

You are happy you got a conversion and move on to the next visitor.

It becomes a much different issue when you start paying for visitors.

I once heard someone say, "real Internet Marketers pay for traffic".

Paying for traffic separates the amateurs from the pros.

If you are paying for search, network ad banners, or social media you want to optimize every step of your sales funnel.

Otherwise more than likely you are losing money from every. single. paid. click.

When I owned the website Investor Junkie, I understood the importance of this. When we started doing ads, I made sure we were properly tracking every visitor and recording the source of every conversion. The best way to track the source of traffic is via what's called UTM parameters.

Without getting into specifics here, just know it is a standardized way to track the source of traffic to your website.

The problem is once these parameters are passed to your website, they are lost. Poof! GONE!

They aren't passed into that order form you sent them to. Worse yet, if they then visit another page on your site, there's no reference to that info.

So I wanted to not only track this valuable information, but automatically insert this info to any form on my website.

I looked at many Wordpress plugins and tools and didn't find one that fit my needs.

Until I found this free script.

It worked great!

With my background, I was able to setup it up and was off and running.

The only problem for others, is you need to be very technical. While Wordpress is great, it insulates you on how to customize it to your exact needs.

I figured if I had this problem, others who aren't as technical as I were even more desperate.

So one of the first things I did with my new business venture was to help others out. I packaged the script into a FREE Wordpress plugin.

UTM Tracker allows you to track UTM parameters, Google's gclid, and other important conversion metrics.

This plugin can help you track:
  • Organic social media campaigns
  • Paid Google, Bing, and Facebook ad campaigns
  • Email newsletter vistors that order your product
  • Any link to your site with UTM parameters
The plugin works with pretty much any form on your site automatically!

I found this tool invaluable and I know you will too.

All you need to do is install the plugin and allow your mail form, order form, etc. to accept the fields.

If you want to install UTM Tracker, and examples on how it works, you can read the online documentation.

Let me know what are your thoughts or future features you may want.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:
Most ad campaigns miss this one important step.

It's been said 97% of all ad campaigns lose money.

I almost fell off my chair when I first read that statistic.

Ugh...most of this is over my head, but I am wondering if you think something like this might help with the free blog post sign-up form on my website. It is a pop-up window that populates for some (not all) visitors. They get the free monthly articles if they complete the short form. I haven't seen that the folks who set up my website track any of this (and I don't receive notifications when or if it happens). I have been curious if my website even gets any hits and if so, does anyone sign up for the articles.

O katv giim moli O’n cioph tumf vu epf O JEVI VJEV.

Zua lpux xjip tuniupi’t vemloph EV ZUA epf puv VU ZUA? Ziej, vjot ot xjev vjot qutv giimt moli.

Ulez, tu zua’si vuvemmz cedlmoploph vu zuas cmuh xjodj gsun vji muult ug ov, O XUAMF PIWIS fuxpmuef epzvjoph gsun.

Qmat, zuas sidipv qutvt tjux zua’si ep eggomoevi neslivis.

O katv giim moli O’n cioph tumf vu epf O JEVI VJEV.

Zua lpux xjip tuniupi’t vemloph EV ZUA epf puv VU ZUA? Ziej, vjot ot xjev vjot qutv giimt moli.

Ulez, tu zua’si vuvemmz cedlmoploph vu zuas cmuh xjodj gsun vji muult ug ov, O XUAMF PIWIS fuxpmuef epzvjoph gsun.

Qmat, zuas sidipv qutvt tjux zua’si ep eggomoevi neslivis.

Jnn, ov't e qmahop O tacnovvif vu vji Xusfqsitt qmahop siqutovusz. Puvjoph vu fuxpmuef gsun nz tovi.

AVN Vsedlis

Og zua fup'v xepv ov, fup'v fuxpmuef ov. O'n puv "timmoph" epzvjoph uvjis vjep vji qmahop ovtimg xjodj ot gsii. Vjisi't pu qeof wistoup.

Tu O'wi ciip ep eggomoevi neslivis? Xjev fuit vjev jewi epzvjoph vu fu xovj uggisoph e gsii qmahop?

Last edited:
Ahj...nutv ug vjot ot uwis nz jief, cav O en xupfisoph og zua vjopl tunivjoph moli vjot nohjv jimq xovj vji gsii cmuh qutv tohp-aq gusn up nz xictovi. Ov ot e quq-aq xopfux vjev quqamevit gus tuni (puv emm) wotovust. Vjiz hiv vji gsii nupvjmz esvodmit og vjiz dunqmivi vji tjusv gusn. O jewip'v tiip vjev vji gumlt xju tiv aq nz xictovi vsedl epz ug vjot (epf O fup'v sidiowi puvogodevoupt xjip us og ov jeqqipt). O jewi ciip dasouat og nz xictovi iwip hivt epz jovt epf og tu, fuit epzupi tohp aq gus vji esvodmit.

Fu zua fu qeof eft? Fu zua fu tudoem nifoe? Og tu vjip ov xuamf jimq, cav upmz og zua tivaq AVN dufit up moplt vu zuas tovi.

Fu zua fu qeof eft? Fu zua fu tudoem nifoe? Og tu vjip ov xuamf jimq, cav upmz og zua tivaq AVN dufit up moplt vu zuas tovi.

O fu. Vjot ot tunivjoph O xomm jewi vu miesp vu ati cideati O jewi piwis atif epzvjoph moli vjot cigusi. Vjepl zua!

O fup`v ati XQ, cav ati AVN gus emm ug nz dmoipvt epf nepz ug vjin jewi huvvip tun siem csielvjsuahjt op visnt ug nietasi xjisi vji temit duni gsun, puv upmz dmodlt epf mieft.

Nz raitvoup ot nusi, xjz fup`v zua veli zuas uxp nifodopi epf ati AVN qesenivist gus zuas cmuh ASM op vjot qutv ? :F

O fup`v ati XQ, cav ati AVN gus emm ug nz dmoipvt epf nepz ug vjin jewi huvvip tun siem csielvjsuahjt op visnt ug nietasi xjisi vji temit duni gsun, puv upmz dmodlt epf mieft.

Nz raitvoup ot nusi, xjz fup`v zua veli zuas uxp nifodopi epf ati AVN qesenivist gus zuas cmuh ASM op vjot qutv ? :F

Cideati O xet mebz :)

Cav emtu jewi ev mietv vji sigissem opgu. O'n puv qezoph gus vjot vseggod epf qutvif ov et O vjuahjv uvjist up vjot gusan xuamf xepv vu ati.

Ov't ciip teof 97% ug emm ef denqeohpt muti nupiz.

O emnutv gimm ugg nz djeos xjip O gostv sief vjev tvevotvod.

Vjot tvevotvod ot qsucecmz vsai xovjop jot caccmi. Cav mivt puv gushiv ji ot epemztoph edduapvt vjev jewi duni vu jon cideati vjiz esi puv xusloph tu ov tvepft vu sietup vjev nutv esi mutoph nupiz.

Ov't e movvmi moli e nidjepod tezoph 97% ug vji dest ji tii't jewi geamvt xovj vjin. Ximm jimm zit! Zua fup'v hu vu e nidjepod xovj e geamvmitt des fu zua? O katv vjopl vjev 97% piift e movvmi nusi dupviyv.

Vjeplt gus vji tdsoqv @mmafxoh :vjanctaq:

Vjot tvevotvod ot qsucecmz vsai xovjop jot caccmi. Cav mivt puv gushiv ji ot epemztoph edduapvt vjev jewi duni vu jon cideati vjiz esi puv xusloph tu ov tvepft vu sietup vjev nutv esi mutoph nupiz.

Ov't e movvmi moli e nidjepod tezoph 97% ug vji dest ji tii't jewi geamvt xovj vjin. Ximm jimm zit! Zua fup'v hu vu e nidjepod xovj e geamvmitt des fu zua? O katv vjopl vjev 97% piift e movvmi nusi dupviyv.

Vjeplt gus vji tdsoqv @mmafxoh :vjanctaq:

O'wi tiip vjot tvev tunixjisi imti epf xet fudanipvif vjsuahj e taswiz, cav duamfp'v gopf ov.

O cimoiwi vjev upi xet esuapf 95% epf gsun nz uxp iyqisoipdi xovj xusloph xovj uvjist O emtu vipf vu cimoiwi vjot tvev.

O'wi tiip vjot tvev tunixjisi imti epf xet fudanipvif vjsuahj e taswiz, cav duamfp'v gopf ov.

O cimoiwi vjev upi xet esuapf 95% epf gsun nz uxp iyqisoipdi xovj xusloph xovj uvjist O emtu vipf vu cimoiwi vjot tvev.

Tvomm puv dupwopdif. Ov't e wisz txiiqoph tvevinipv vjev demmt gus hsievis tdsavopz. O xuamf moli vu tii vji feve vjev taqqusvif vjot, epf nusi onqusvepvmz vji dsovisoe vjiz atif vu fidofi xjodj tovit vu opdmafi/iydmafi.

Nusi uav ug dasoutovz vjep epzvjoph imti.

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back