The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

G'day from WA

10lapsdown

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 5, 2015
Perth, West Oz
Hi everyone,

My name is Ben and I'm from Western Australia.

Wow, I have struggled to write this intro because a lot of the ones I've read are from people already travelling the Fastlane. I must admit it's a little intimidating when I have not started anything myself.

So, like all good addiction meetings (AA, etc):
"Hello, my name's Ben and I'm a Slowlaner"

I desperately don't want to be and have began researching and learning what I can. I have a few pathways to choose from. I won't go into too much background suffice to say I have tried most "Slowlane" get rich schemes over the years. MLM's (Herbalife anyone?!), blackbox trading systems, even sports arbitrage syndicates.
I don't regret my Slowlane past. To do that would be to regret my wife and 2 wonderful children. But I do know that I refuse to end up there. The biggest problem I've had is the numbers of the Slowlane "get rich slowly" process. It's bulls$%^ and the beauty of MJ's book was it put into words what I hadn't. I think it really hit home a while back when a financial planner tried to sell me a debt recycling scheme that he did. But it basically it meant I had to put all my eggs in his basket and pray that it went ok for the next 20 years. Then I'd have paid the mortgage but still wouldn't be anywhere near a financially independent lifestyle. Pffft, f@#$ that I said!
I've looked at most things since but I always came back to scaling businesses being the key. And so I find myself here.

And lastly, I apologise in advance for my future stoopid, newbie questions!

Cheers
Ben

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lots of folks here from down under, welcome aboard!

MikeAU

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Mar 24, 2014
Brisbane
Hey Ben,

Welcome! Great to have another Aussie here. A great place to start is with the GOLD threads, there are many and it will take a while but well worth it.

Good luck in your journey, this is by far the best place to be!

Mike

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...