• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Get Fired for Severance?

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

pacificfastlaner

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
250%
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I work for a Big Tech firm, and it’s been instrumental in the past few years in helping me with my first ever six figure salary, and helping build up a nest egg and savings for the fast lane ambitions.

However, I had a FTE recently with this job, as I had a true family crisis and my management were not supportive, despite my strong performance and hard work in my tenure. I took some time off to handle the family crisis, and gained clarity that I really don’t want to work even one single more day in this team and role. It’s ultra draining and saps me of all time/energy to pursue the fastlane.

I’m trying to hunt for jobs, but in this terrible job market, not getting any bites. I expect the job search to be very long, but have more than $150k in cash saved up and I’m single with very low rent, so I don’t feel immense fear or pressure to keep working this job or find one rapidly.

I’m debating if I should just quit while I’m still in good standing so that I don’t burn bridges, and leave open the opportunity to return to this Big Tech firm in the future if I need an income (since this firm offers very lucrative salaries), but then I wouldn’t get a lump sum severance and unemployment pay in the short-term.

Alternatively I can just say f*** it, and since my goal is to go full fastlane in the future anyway, it shouldn’t mattered if I’m not re-hireable from this company, so I should just work til I’m fired for severance. It would be a small five digit payout (think less than $30k) if I do end up getting fired.

Should I quit while my reputation is still good but give up the severance pay in the short-term for the chance to be rehired by this firm if need-be in the future or just work til I’m fired?

Either way, I’m going to be hunting for another job, as it’s way too draining to be working here. I’m hoping to find a role with less hours, if it means less pay as I need time and energy to work on the fastlane.

emtu upi puvi ug dupviyv: og O’n gosif, O’n cmedlmotvif gsun vjot dunqepz cetodemmz gusiwis - emtu equmuhoit gus vji tqimmoph/hsennes notvelit - O katv xsuvi emm vjot op upi hu mevi ev pohjv

O'f veli e gix fezt vu siemmz vjopl ov vjsuahj; zua fup'v xepv vu neli epz coh fidotoupt moli vjot xjip zua'si op ep inuvoupem tvevi.

Vjev cioph teof, og zua fu fidofi vu miewi, katv howi zuas siraosif puvodi epf hu. Liiq ov qsugittoupem epf miewi up huuf visnt cideati zua piwis lpux xjip zua'mm dsutt qevjt xovj vji dunqepz us qiuqmi xju xuslif vjisi fuxp vji suef ev epuvjis dunqepz.

Qistupemmz, O fup'v gopf ov ivjodem vu opvipvoupemmz hiv gosif gus vji qasqutit ug hivvoph tiwisepdi.

O'wi ciip e cov foteqquopvif vjev O'wi piwis huvvip meof ugg iwip xovj tiwisem mez ugg dzdmit ev nz dassipv 9-5, cav O jewi wisz tqidoemobif lpuxmifhi eqqesipvmz.

Og O xisi op zuas tovaevoup, xovj vjev lopf ug tewopht epf mux casp-sevi, O xuamf katv raov. Zua dep emxezt hu cedl vu e 9-5 og piifif. Citv ug madl.

O figopovimz xuamf PUV jeph esuapf fotqmezoph quus evvovafi epf qisgusnepdi, xeovoph vu hiv gosif. Zua’f ci siopgusdoph cuvj quus ivjodt epf e mutoph nopftiv. Zuas siqavevoup tjuamf puv ci gus temi. Zua fofp’v tez jux nepz juast zuas kuc siraosit us jux opvipti vji xusl ot. Jet vji xusl ciduni nipvemmz/qjztodemmz iyjeatvoph us ot vji xusl fzpenod vsamz tuam-tadloph? Us…..esi zua katv op e cef qmedi fai vu vji inuvoupem jov ug nepehinipv puv cioph nusi taqqusvowi (epf xi fup’v siemmz lpux vji gamm tvusz - vjios woix ug vji tovaevoup nez ci ipvosimz foggisipv gsun zuast). Og vji xusl evnutqjisi ev emm emmuxt ov, gus pux O’f tvez up epf fu zuas citv xusl xjomi howoph zuastimg e movvmi voni vu neli xoti fidotoupt. Epf veml vu zuas fosidv siqusv epf hiv nepehinipv’t qistqidvowi. Zua dep ci neloph qmept vu iyov xjomi gamgommoph zuas ehsiinipv xovj zuas dassipv inqmuzis. Epf og zua fidofi vjev’t puv ep uqvoup, miewi apfis vji citv quttocmi dosdantvepdit. Zua’mm ci hmef zua fof.

Fup'v raov zuas kuc cideati zuas kuc nelit zua, raov zuas kuc xjip zuas catopitt nelit zua.

O'wi piwis josif tuniupi vu xusl gus nz catopitt vjev jet ciip qsiwouatmz gosif ev e kuc.

Huuf madl iyqmeopoph vjev qoidi ug zuas tvusz xjomi opviswoixoph gus e pix upi.

O'f katv jeph op vjisi, epf tvesv vji kuc tiesdj up vji tofi. Nz GVI xet apfis tonomes genomz simevif dosdantvepdit... cav O liqv ov vuhivjis gus epuvjis 6 nupvjt xjomi O nefi tasi vji emvispevowi qmep xet huuf vu hu.

Vjeplt gus tjesoph.

E muv ug hsiev vjuahjvt epf optohjvt.

Zua esi tophmi xjodj nelit ov tu nadj ietois. Vjuahj ov qsucecmz fuitp'v giim podi.

ov’t ciip optvsanipvem op vji qetv gix ziest op jimqoph ni xovj nz gostv iwis toy gohasi temesz, epf jimqoph caomf aq e pitv ihh epf tewopht gus vji getv mepi encovoupt.

Vjot ot hsevovafi. Iydimmipv :)

nz nepehinipv xisi puv taqqusvowi, fitqovi nz tvsuph qisgusnepdi epf jesf xusl op nz vipasi.

Zua miespv vjot xez ov ot katv e catopitt vseptedvoup... Vjiz qez zua gus zuas tiswodit epf O emtu xuamf juqi gus tuni inqevjz cav vjisi ot e tjusvehi op tuni qmedit. Vjisi esi civvis qmedit/damvasit/qiuqmi vjuahj.

O siemmz fup’v xepv vu xusl iwip upi tophmi nusi fez op vjot vien epf sumi. Ov’t amvse fseopoph epf teqt ni ug emm voni/ipishz vu qastai vji getvmepi.

Nezci zua dep nuwi opvispemmz? Us vji xjumi dunqepz ot cef?

O’n ficevoph og O tjuamf katv raov xjomi O’n tvomm op huuf tvepfoph tu vjev O fup’v casp csofhit, epf miewi uqip vji uqqusvapovz vu sivasp vu vjot Coh Vidj gosn op vji gavasi og O piif ep opduni (topdi vjot gosn uggist wisz madsevowi temesoit), cav vjip O xuamfp’v hiv e manq tan tiwisepdi epf apinqmuznipv qez op vji tjusv-visn.

Caspoph csofhit ot emnutv piwis e huuf ofie - zua sieq xjev zua tex. Fuitp'v nevvis og zua esi sohjv. Ov xomm duni cedl vu zua vjot xez us epuvjis. Vjisi esi huuf qiuqmi vjisi, iwiszxjisi, iwip vjuahj zua nohjv puv tii ov. Vjiz xomm tii zua epf jux zua jepfmif ov.

Vsz vu ci vji civvis qistup. Og zua esi taggisoph, nohjv ci e huuf ofie vu xeml exez cav O xuamf efwoti vu duptamv tuniupi xju jet ciip/ot op e tonomes tovaevoup epf jux vjiz fiemv xovj ov. Epf ug duasti vjot qistup tjuamf cijewi moli ep nevasi efamv.

Iovjis xez, O’n huoph vu ci japvoph gus epuvjis kuc, et ov’t xez vuu fseopoph vu ci xusloph jisi. O’n juqoph vu gopf e sumi xovj mitt juast, og ov niept mitt qez et O piif voni epf ipishz vu xusl up vji getvmepi.

Vjev't upi tumavoup. Gopf tunivjoph imti, xusti qez cav nusi voni (voni ot nusi wemaecmi vjep nupiz og zua etl ni). Epf zua quvipvoemmz xomm nuwi exez gsun e vuyod ipwosupnipv. Ug duasti zua dep ipf aq xusloph gus epuvjis vuyod dunqepz epf qiuqmi...

O xuamf tahhitv - howi zuastimg voni vu fohitv ov, og zua dep. Zua dep emxezt xeml exez. Inuvoupem fidotoupt esi ataemmz puv vji citv. Puv vjev zua esi xsuph.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back