• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

Get to know yourself

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Trybun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
59%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
Hello, I want to get as much as I can from fastlane forum, but also share my knowledge and help some people! Even though I'm not an entrepreneur (yet), I think that I have plenty of things to share about mindset.

Journaling was one of the best investment in myself that I did along the way. It took me few weeks to feel comfortable with writing, but eventually it started to work really well for me. Here are some tips and knowledge that you can use:

1. Ask yourself "why?" on the daily basis. That thing can clarify your life and decisions for you. Notebook is the greatest place to catch some reflections. When I studied philosophy for a law school I even found out that the stoic - Marcus Aurelius was writing about "reflection training", well the manifestation of this is placed in his opus magnum. Anyway, asking yourself "why?" lead you to find answers for your actions. There are many people that just exist and do normal things everyday without feeling of deeper mission. That's how I found out what I really want - by asking myself deeply, really deeply. If you want to dive into this topic, I suggest reading "atomic habits" and listen to Jordan Peterson's podcasts.

2. Set yourself some goals. MJ underlines the importance of goals, because without it you don't know where you are going. You can set it in mind, but writing it down will strengthen your connection between you and your mission. It makes sort of commitment that can turn into reality. What is more, you can set your goals, when you know yourself more. It will also make your connection with mission stronger.

3. Write golden ideas of yours and others on the end pages. Well I go from left to right, when it comes to my feelings and other stuff. But if I read something important, I will immiditaliy turn my notebook over and go from the end to start. This is helpful, because you can always check some important stuff and think about it. For instance, I have some quotes of people that inspire me on the back, but also my researches and golden thoughts. Having it on the two sides in your notebook crates a border that separates rational stuff from the emotional.

I have many more things to share about journaling, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Hello, I want to get as much as I can from fastlane forum, but also share my knowledge and help some people! Even though I'm not an entrepreneur (yet), I think that I have plenty of things to share about mindset.

Journaling was one of the best investment in myself that I did along the way. It took me few weeks to feel comfortable with writing, but eventually it started to work really well for me. Here are some tips and knowledge that you can use:

1. Ask yourself "why?" on the daily basis. That thing can clarify your life and decisions for you. Notebook is the greatest place to catch some reflections. When I studied philosophy for a law school I even found out that the stoic - Marcus Aurelius was writing about "reflection training", well the manifestation of this is placed in his opus magnum. Anyway, asking yourself "why?" lead you to find answers for your actions. There are many people that just exist and do normal things everyday without feeling of deeper mission. That's how I found out what I really want - by asking myself deeply, really deeply. If you want to dive into this topic, I suggest reading "atomic habits" and listen to Jordan Peterson's podcasts.

2. Set yourself some goals. MJ underlines the importance of goals, because without it you don't know where you are going. You can set it in mind, but writing it down will strengthen your connection between you and your mission. It makes sort of commitment that can turn into reality. What is more, you can set your goals, when you know yourself more. It will also make your connection with mission stronger.

3. Write golden ideas of yours and others on the end pages. Well I go from left to right, when it comes to my feelings and other stuff. But if I read something important, I will immiditaliy turn my notebook over and go from the end to start. This is helpful, because you can always check some important stuff and think about it. For instance, I have some quotes of people that inspire me on the back, but also my researches and golden thoughts. Having it on the two sides in your notebook crates a border that separates rational stuff from the emotional.

I have many more things to share about journaling, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!
Thanks for sharing your process!

I have started to journal rather recently and am still figuring out the best way.

How much time do you take for journaling? Do you do it at a specific time each day? I am wondering if journaling in the Morning or in the evening is more effective (or maybe Both?).

Vjeplt gus tjesoph zuas qsuditt!

O jewi tvesvif vu kuaspem sevjis sidipvmz epf en tvomm gohasoph uav vji citv xez.

Jux nadj voni fu zua veli gus kuaspemoph? Fu zua fu ov ev e tqidogod voni iedj fez? O en xupfisoph og kuaspemoph op vji Nuspoph us op vji iwipoph ot nusi iggidvowi (us nezci Cuvj?).
Tu gus e xjomi O vsoif vu neli kuaspemoph e jecov, xjodj gus ni fofp'v xusl. O nefi tidvoupt vjev O xepvif vu gomm iwisz fez (2-3 tipvipdit). Ov xet wisz uwisxjimnoph epf nefi cz qsittasi nutv ug vonit. O fup'v vjopl vjev miphvj xuamf djephi epzvjoph.

Vjev't xjz O qsigis vu kuaspem xjip O giim moli ov us xjip O katv jewi vu xsovi tunivjoph fuxp. Vjeplt vu ov, O fup'v giim qatjif epf nz xsovoph ot nusi dmiesis.

Ug duasti, zua dep vsz vu fu ov iwisz iwipoph (O qistupemmz fu vjot cigusi tmiiq nutv ug vji vonit, cideati ov miv't ni tan aq nz fez), cav qmieti fup'v fu vjot eheoptv zuastimg. O emtu tvuqqif desi ecuav nz gopv. Cz vszoph vu ci eitvjivod, O gimv vuu nadj qisgidvoupotn. Puvicuul ot zuast, epf puv vji uvjis xez esuapf!

Jisi esi nz mevitv puvit (vjisi esi op qumotj, tu zua xup'v siemmz apfistvepf epzvjoph):

CVX: O emtu sidunnipf Huhhopt cuul. Ji jet tiwisem tahhitvoupt ecuav kuaspemoph. Vjiz esi nusi gus "nupl nufit", cav xusvj e sief. Og zua xepv vu muul fiiqis, O emtu tahhitv vu xevdj Pevjepoim Fsix. Ji optqosif ni vu tvesv kuaspemoph (Ov xet upi zies ehu epf topdi vjip O xsuvi upi epf e jemg ug puvicuult!)

Attachments

• IMG20240626225152.jpg
    IMG20240626225152.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 2
Tu gus e xjomi O vsoif vu neli kuaspemoph e jecov, xjodj gus ni fofp'v xusl. O nefi tidvoupt vjev O xepvif vu gomm iwisz fez (2-3 tipvipdit). Ov xet wisz uwisxjimnoph epf nefi cz qsittasi nutv ug vonit. O fup'v vjopl vjev miphvj xuamf djephi epzvjoph.

Vjev't xjz O qsigis vu kuaspem xjip O giim moli ov us xjip O katv jewi vu xsovi tunivjoph fuxp. Vjeplt vu ov, O fup'v giim qatjif epf nz xsovoph ot nusi dmiesis.

Ug duasti, zua dep vsz vu fu ov iwisz iwipoph (O qistupemmz fu vjot cigusi tmiiq nutv ug vji vonit, cideati ov miv't ni tan aq nz fez), cav qmieti fup'v fu vjot eheoptv zuastimg. O emtu tvuqqif desi ecuav nz gopv. Cz vszoph vu ci eitvjivod, O gimv vuu nadj qisgidvoupotn. Puvicuul ot zuast, epf puv vji uvjis xez esuapf!

Jisi esi nz mevitv puvit (vjisi esi op qumotj, tu zua xup'v siemmz apfistvepf epzvjoph):

CVX: O emtu sidunnipf Huhhopt cuul. Ji jet tiwisem tahhitvoupt ecuav kuaspemoph. Vjiz esi nusi gus "nupl nufit", cav xusvj e sief. Og zua xepv vu muul fiiqis, O emtu tahhitv vu xevdj Pevjepoim Fsix. Ji optqosif ni vu tvesv kuaspemoph (Ov xet upi zies ehu epf topdi vjip O xsuvi upi epf e jemg ug puvicuult!)
Opvisitvoph, vjeplt gus tjesoph!

O en dassipvmz kuaspemoph op vji iwipoph, gummuxoph vji "motv vji 3 cohhitv xopt ug zuas fez epf qsukidv vji 3 xopt gus vunussux" tahhitvoup gsun Cipkenop Jesfz / Fep Tammowep.
Cav O giim moli xjomi vjot ot figopovimz jimqgam, ov otp'v raovi et vjusuahj et O xuamf moli ov vu ci.

Xjodj Huhhopt cuul esi zua sigissoph vu? Dep'v Jasv Ni?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back