The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Give your feedback on my website and niche

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
I just started a new business and I would like some feedback from you on my site and niche.

My site is azultea.com

The niche being a specific Mexican herb that when brewed is called Palo Azul tea, makes a detoxifying tea for the urinary system which cleanses the body of any trace of drugs in the urinary track. My main target audience is people with upcoming drug tests who may fail otherwise without my product. My other target audience are people who like to stay healthy with Palo Azul tea because of the long list of specific health benefits.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Alex W.

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 30, 2015
Looks clean, I like it.

Some suggestions:
  • Instead of using a block of text in your "About Palo Azul" tab to describe your product, I'd consider using bullet points (perhaps with pictures?) to clearly describe the benefits/value add of your supplement.
  • Top left sub-headline on your homepage is almost invisible ("A Sweet Detox Supplement")
  • Your CTA is also a bid camouflaged
  • Change "number 1" to "#1" OR "number one" in your intro paragraph
  • There are just a few grammatical errors that could that could lead to credibility concerns (lack of appropriate punctuation)

Last edited:

Alex W.

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 30, 2015
Looks clean, I like it.

Some suggestions:
  • Instead of using a block of text in your "About Palo Azul" tab to describe your product, I'd consider using bullet points (perhaps with pictures?) to clearly describe the benefits/value add of your supplement.
  • Top left sub-headline on your homepage is almost invisible ("A Sweet Detox Supplement")
  • Your CTA is also a bid camouflaged
  • Change "number 1" to "#1" OR "number one" in your intro paragraph
  • There are just a few grammatical errors that could that could lead to credibility concerns (lack of appropriate punctuation)

Here's another thought I had:

You mentioned a guide somewhere on your site (how to make the tea)...

I'd find a way to make this a bigger deal than it is now...
  • This is your lead magnet (free, very specific, enticing)
  • Have a floating CTA that advertises your guide ("Get your FREE 12-Step Guide that Guarantees a Clean Drug Test!!" , or whatever...)
  • Paid traffic?

Leads will exchange their email (big deal) for a simple PDF guide that you have set-up to auto-respond to inquiries.

Will be much easier to convert those who're now on your mailing list. Hit 'em with your tripwire or core-offer after.

Check this out, if you haven't...

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
I recommend some kind of proof that it really has all of those benefits.

Your primary market is people beating drug tests since that is your slogan, so I'd recommend to drop the other benefits and focus more on how that tea makes drug tests come out positive.

All they care about is passing that test, not the other benefits it has.

The process it goes through to eliminate them from your system.

Make the "instruction guide" available publicly on your site. Make them feel like they know what to do, now all they're missing is the product.

and if your product really works in helping people pass drug tests, I would personally have some proof of positive test results there.

I think it will prove difficult to attract the "health" crowd and drug test crowd at the same time with slogan that says "best way to beat drug tests".

Not everyone would be proud to be seen using that product.

Last edited:

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Here's another thought I had:

You mentioned a guide somewhere on your site (how to make the tea)...

I'd find a way to make this a bigger deal than it is now...
  • This is your lead magnet (free, very specific, enticing)
  • Have a floating CTA that advertises your guide ("Get your FREE 12-Step Guide that Guarantees a Clean Drug Test!!" , or whatever...)
  • Paid traffic?

Leads will exchange their email (big deal) for a simple PDF guide that you have set-up to auto-respond to inquiries.

Will be much easier to convert those who're now on your mailing list. Hit 'em with your tripwire or core-offer after.

Check this out, if you haven't...
That link you just gave is very very good stuff! I'm reading it right now and I'll be using it to rewrite my copy. After that I'll get on the 12 step guide idea. Thank you!

Christiano

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Sep 3, 2015
Dallas
Hey Longo, I noticed you described your niche as a specific Mexican herb that when brewed is called Palo Azul tea.

This is not a niche, this is a product. Definition of a niche, "a specialized but profitable corner of the market."
Here is the thought process to determine your niche:

This product is beneficial for people wishing to pass drug tests. The prerequisite is drug users. Assuming this works, your largest market would be the most used drug - marijuana and thus your main niche, marijuana users.

Technically this answers the above question, but I thought I would provide some additional value:

From here, the question is what are the ways to target marijuana users?
1) Online directories. Right now you can't advertise online for marijuana directly as it is currently federally illegal. The solution is to list your business on a directory. The directory itself is a legal entity as it remains purely an informational hub. The directories for the marijuana industry are:
www.weedmaps.com (largest market share)
www.leafly.com
www.weedfinder.com

These directories can be used as lead generation to identify local businesses in the space complete with contact information. Secondly, you can choose to place an ad here since you already have a highly targeted traffic source.

2) Channel Distribution: Marijuana dispensaries. Become a wholesaler to the dispensaries. The inventory cost to them is minimal and directly relevant to their audience. Have proof to show this works, some testimonials and discuss the science at a high level.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Christiano

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Hey Longo, I noticed you described your niche as a specific Mexican herb that when brewed is called Palo Azul tea.

This is not a niche, this is a product. Definition of a niche, "a specialized but profitable corner of the market."
Here is the thought process to determine your niche:

This product is beneficial for people wishing to pass drug tests. The prerequisite is drug users. Assuming this works, your largest market would be the most used drug - marijuana and thus your main niche, marijuana users.

Technically this answers the above question, but I thought I would provide some additional value:

From here, the question is what are the ways to target marijuana users?
1) Online directories. Right now you can't advertise online for marijuana directly as it is currently federally illegal. The solution is to list your business on a directory. The directory itself is a legal entity as it remains purely an informational hub. The directories for the marijuana industry are:
www.weedmaps.com (largest market share)
www.leafly.com
www.weedfinder.com

These directories can be used as lead generation to identify local businesses in the space complete with contact information. Secondly, you can choose to place an ad here since you already have a highly targeted traffic source.

2) Channel Distribution: Marijuana dispensaries. Become a wholesaler to the dispensaries. The inventory cost to them is minimal and directly relevant to their audience. Have proof to show this works, some testimonials and discuss the science at a high level.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Christiano
I can't believe the stuff you mentioned hasn't even crossed my mind yet! Shows how much I have to learn. I'm used to cold calling so there won't be any fear in pitching my idea to marijuana dispensaries.

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
e
I can't believe the stuff you mentioned hasn't even crossed my mind yet! Shows how much I have to learn. I'm used to cold calling so there won't be any fear in pitching my idea to marijuana dispensaries.

I'd start smaller to prove the concept first. If you haven't made a sale or proved anyone is interested, I doubt an established business will work with you, especially with no established brand unless you're one hell of a salesman.

Target people searching for synthetic urine, detox pills, etc and market yours as the alternate solution. Also, people who have failed a test after using one of these solutions.

You could search for marijuana users, but not all of them are looking to pass a test or care about test results at the moment. Those searching for syntetic urine and detox will be an easier sell, highly targeted.

Also, just a thought - you're going to have to compete with the 99% pass rate that some of the other test solutions guarantee.

Start doing some research on the down sides of the other solutions so you can address them.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.