The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Going Ahead in a Place Where People Kill Over Sneakers

Anything related to matters of the mind

DoubleDareYou

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 10, 2016
High Elevation Mountain Rainforest
I know many of us are or were in this same situation.

Sometimes the environment keeps hitting us and we fall many times over and over, without rest.

But listen to me, YOU WILL SUCCEED! You have to BELIEVE, you have to OWN your victory even in defeat!

The true strength is to keep fighting...

when everything seems lost,
when there's no hope,
when everybody proves you wrong,
when there's no chance,
when the rest of them have quit,
when you think you can't fight any more!

This is the TIME, you have to stand up NOW, put yourself together, don't look behind so as to not letting your present choices to be conditioned by your past. Every DAY is a new OPPORTUNITY you are given, you're still FREE to make a CHOICE no matter what!

Today I choose to KEEP FIGHTING, and I will no matter what...

No matter how unfair the system is, I'll fight!
No matter how tired I feel, I'll keep fighting!
No matter how rock bottom people tell I am, I'll keep fighting back!

Now... are you ready to make YOUR OWN CHOICE?

Wish you all the best in your lives,
-DDY

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I dont get it. Title sounded like you are hustling in some 3rd world country where people literally kill you over sneakers.

Let me guess, youre just upping your post count so you can start spamming your coaching business.

Boring.

A real sneaker story would be more interesting.

DoubleDareYou

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 10, 2016
I dont get it. Title sounded like you are hustling in some 3rd world country where people literally kill you over sneakers.

Let me guess, youre just upping your post count so you can start spamming your cookie-cutter coaching business.

Boring.

First point is right. Second thought is wrong.

Words like these have helped me. I'm sharing because I know it will help others.

You may not be in need of it right now, but there are too many out there in need of encouraging.

Why don't you give it a try? I know you'll do much better than me.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016

Let me guess, youre just upping your post count so you can start spamming your coaching business.

Boring.

There's places in the US where people kill over sneakers.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Go ahead, I'm thirst of criticism.

Perhaps you could share your opinion. I've read landfill terms a couple times and would bet all I got in my post.
What's there to criticize?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
@DoubleDareYou The reason your post is not resonating on this forum is because it's "feel good" but does not encourage any action or actual life change - hence why there's already a [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG] tag.

There's a ton of books and articles out there about mindset, how you can be anything you want to be, yet they fail to give concrete advice that can actually impact someone's future. Your post unfortunately falls into that category.

Though you perceive your post to be of value, it is not. It just adds to the noise and forces members on the forum to sacrifice their time reading it when they could have been reading something more applicable.

To summarize: Your post is the equivalent of me making a thread with a song I liked.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
To summarize: Your post is the equivalent of me making a thread with a song I liked.
Why not kill 2 birds with one stone?

There was a point where a thread like this would help me - because I didn't believe in myself, but now that we already know that our hard work pays off and we should push forward - it's time to just do it :)

[HASHTAG]#nike[/HASHTAG]

DoubleDareYou

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 10, 2016
@DoubleDareYou The reason your post is not resonating on this forum is because it's "feel good" but does not encourage any action or actual life change - hence why there's already a [HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG] tag.

There's a ton of books and articles out there about mindset, how you can be anything you want to be, yet they fail to give concrete advice that can actually impact someone's future. Your post unfortunately falls into that category.

Though you perceive your post to be of value, it is not. It just adds to the noise and forces members on the forum to sacrifice their time reading it when they could have been reading something more applicable.

Right, but this is unique. I made this post from my own perspective, and my own words. I come from this background and am starting to have success. I am an English Language Learner and have struggled to improve my writing, but it can be done if you put a lot of work into it.

There are tons of books and articles, but they're all trying to sell you something. This is a process, a way of thinking. Not just random words. I have to act, a.k.a. post it, you're the obstacle, you're the resistance, you're the rejection. But I will not secede. I will not surrender.

Also, there are a lot of foreigners here with these same struggles, I've seen them! I've been for more than a year here reading a lot of posts, re-reading TMFL and I've learned a lot. They come and go, they're pretty interested but lack that final push to get them into action.

All of you out there without a single post in your count, go out, interact, share, comment, argue, prove your points and let others debunk yours!

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

DoubleDareYou

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 10, 2016
Like I said, 3rd world ;)
There's nothing wrong with the 3rd world guys.

You have nothing to prove to others, only to yourself.

Keep going ahead no matter what others say. No matter what your surroundings are like.

But they will say, and it will hurt and hit you hard. That's part of the struggle.

@theag knows it well, he being a badass is only further motivation to myself, as well as it may discourage a lot of people and make them quit.

So, if you read this, are from the 3rd world, and start feeling mad with him, don't be. Just reason, reflect, and act. Denigration is just a filter, people don't ought to be positive and charming to you. It's up to you to decide what's going to be your attitude over things in your life. I repeat, do not blame unto others just to excuse from your failures in life.

I'll be as happy to see this on the landfill as I was when I wrote it simply because you can't condition your self-motivation to other's approval. Forget those who prove you wrong, prove yourself right!

@AndrewNC you hit it right in the nail, after all you're the expert in the subject. Yes you already know that hard work pays off and we should push forward, you should also know more than any of us that there's a lot of locked potential in many people as it was for you. By the way, I'm not (by far) into the coaching industry.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014

Boring.

that's what I thought too.....so flaccid

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Also, there are a lot of foreigners here with these same struggles, I've seen them! I've been for more than a year here reading a lot of posts, re-reading TMFL and I've learned a lot. They come and go, they're pretty interested but lack that final push to get them into action.

All of you out there without a single post in your count, go out, interact, share, comment, argue, prove your points and let others debunk yours!

I'm afraid you might have underestimated how hardcore this forum is. Many Fastlaners here are dynamic producers, and they have ascended to more difficult and complex issues than merely 'working against adversity' or 'Slowlane and Sidewalk'. They have obtained a higher-level of thinking and resilience compared to us. Therefore, their views WOULD be harsher.

But I'm sure a harsh Fastlane that ensures unbelievable rewards is better than a Slowlane with low achievement ceiling. :)

In order to provide value, it should be important to add something missing in the equation that could bring improvement or a missing piece of the puzzle to complete the cogs in the Fastlane machine. Otherwise we would be no better than the gurus out there who keep preaching Mc-nothings.

For example, with this problem or inquiry posed by a potential junior Fastlaner:
'I have a clothes brand. I promote it online through Youtube and other channels, but my sales are still low.'

Raise questions:
a) What kind of clothes brand is THAT? Sports? Casual? Break it into smaller niches, and you might have an idea of the competitiveness and entry barriers, or even detection of fads (aka gold rushes to sell shovels)
b) If producing clothes itself is not viable, how about circumnavigating? Provide shovels as in CLEANING, DESIGNING PROGRAMS, SOFTWARE TO HELP OTHER DESIGNERS RUN THEIR BUSINESSES?
c) I'm seeing a new feature in FB that allows you a 360 degree viewpoint of a virtual video, allowing for a more interactive experience, especially one promoting Star Wars Rogue One. Could it be applied to a more interactive marketing?

If you can provide answers for that and not just questions, so much the better. But answers can vary so much in this dynamic economy, but well, it gets fun!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Questions push people to take action. I hate unanswered questions or unsolved arguments. The real action takers will always fine the damn answer(s). In fact, the market desires ANSWERS to its needs, or at least a pathway in which they can DESIGN their answer.

DoubleDareYou

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Nov 10, 2016
I'm afraid you might have underestimated how hardcore this forum is. Many Fastlaners here are dynamic producers, and they have ascended to more difficult and complex issues than merely 'working against adversity' or 'Slowlane and Sidewalk'. They have obtained a higher-level of thinking and resilience compared to us. Therefore, their views WOULD be harsher.

But I'm sure a harsh Fastlane that ensures unbelievable rewards is better than a Slowlane with low achievement ceiling. :)

In order to provide value, it should be important to add something missing in the equation that could bring improvement or a missing piece of the puzzle to complete the cogs in the Fastlane machine. Otherwise we would be no better than the gurus out there who keep preaching Mc-nothings.

For example, with this problem or inquiry posed by a potential junior Fastlaner:
'I have a clothes brand. I promote it online through Youtube and other channels, but my sales are still low.'

Raise questions:
a) What kind of clothes brand is THAT? Sports? Casual? Break it into smaller niches, and you might have an idea of the competitiveness and entry barriers, or even detection of fads (aka gold rushes to sell shovels)
b) If producing clothes itself is not viable, how about circumnavigating? Provide shovels as in CLEANING, DESIGNING PROGRAMS, SOFTWARE TO HELP OTHER DESIGNERS RUN THEIR BUSINESSES?
c) I'm seeing a new feature in FB that allows you a 360 degree viewpoint of a virtual video, allowing for a more interactive experience, especially one promoting Star Wars Rogue One. Could it be applied to a more interactive marketing?

If you can provide answers for that and not just questions, so much the better. But answers can vary so much in this dynamic economy, but well, it gets fun!
This is in mindset for a reason, commitment. This is what I chose to believe and what led me to travel through the fastlane roadmap without hesitation. Harsh? Yes, it's the hardest path and everybody hates competition. But rants over my rant won't stop me.

All my questions have been answered through reading the book and the forum threads. I'll sure have more, in time, but I won't take anything from the forum without giving first.

Perhaps someone may think what you said above is old news but you give great examples, scenarios and your own perspective to what's already known. In the same way, I exercise resilience and courage in this intelligent exchange of stances. In order to manage people, first you have to manage yourself.

The downturn is that, unlike us, there are many reading this who yet fear to participate. Meanwhile, there are lots of garbage comments being post every day. I'm sure those afraid of the forum reactions have much more to give than the hundreds of mindless click posters that come and go all the time.

This is a call for you all, show up and take action under the scope of the BS meter. Don't stay behind the curtains, don't surrender to your circumstances when you have this awesome community where to explode your growth. Criticism is the pill of change, swallow it nasty and bitter to wake up furiously motivated and wiser.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
This is in mindset for a reason, commitment. This is what I chose to believe and what led me to travel through the fastlane roadmap without hesitation. Harsh? Yes, it's the hardest path and everybody hates competition. But rants over my rant won't stop me.

Hardest path lol? Believe me, if 'hard' were the issue, try being a Slowlaner cooped up in the cubicle of mediocrity and disappointment.

As for rantings, I suppose the market wouldn't care less about our feuds provided we supplied its needs well :)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Don't worry about the garbage that sometimes turns up. MJ and the morderators will send the jackasses into the abyss of the landfill. And they have done their job quite well! Geesh, sometimes that MLM offer or 'make $5000 a week' rubbish turns up...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.