The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

going the SaaS/app route

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

TeganNFreedom

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 30, 2017
California
I read TMF . I made an introduction thread. Then I did nothing for a month. As I was reading Unscripted , I came to the realization that I was one of those doofuses who excitedly talk about entrepreneurship but whose motivation doesn't carry them through doing, a wantrepreneur, and I had a short-term mindset that was going to doom me to failure anyways ("I just want to quit my job NOW"). I've taken a step back and realized that to get where I want there is no shortcut, and I'm in for the long haul, because after all it is about the process and the self-discovery and growth that happens along the way.

I settled on SaaS/apps because that's the domain I can generate ideas in. I have a lot of ideas. I settled on the one I've trying out first since it was something I have googled for several times and came up with nothing, flexibly scalable (I can start implementing but I might need to hire if I have success), and leverages my knowledge in both software/coding and a domain I'm interested in.

I'm modeling off this thread to start: GOLD - How I went from financial App failure to finding success on the App Store

- 5/29 got hosting/domain name

- 5/30 started setting up landing page. I installed BoldGrid for this, but it's a blog platform so I'm going to have to switch. The point is to get something up ASAP to validate.

My day-to-day plan is to wake up two hours early, and produce a tangible artifact of progress, e.g., landing page, added feature, progress update, etc. Not all of them will be big things, but the point is every day to do something besides sit around and think or read. I think the idea I have might be too big to start with, but I'm cool with failure. At least I'll learn a lot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.