The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got my first real hit of Entrepreneurial heroin

Anything related to matters of the mind

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi Guys,

Don't post too much on the forum but wanted to let people know I finally got my first real Entrepreneurial high. It is DEFINITELY real! Ha-ha. After working on something since April and launching a new product I made 14 sales yesterday. Coming home from work and seeing that literally felt AWESOME, especially because the sales from the preceding days have only been in the 2-4 units range.

Now, I know I have a long road ahead of me with I'm sure many ups and downs. Buttttt, if I am able to make that many sales once, I know it is possible to do it again and then some I'm sure.

Point is, @MJ DeMarco is right as he described it as "entrepreneurial heroin".

Never felt more motivated to keep pushing now!

Pretty cool stuff! I hope to eventually setup a progress thread with some more detail.

Thanks guys!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Hi Guys,

Don't post too much on the forum but wanted to let people know I finally got my first real Entrepreneurial high. It is DEFINITELY real! Ha-ha. After working on something since April and launching a new product I made 14 sales yesterday. Coming home from work and seeing that literally felt AWESOME, especially because the sales from the preceding days have only been in the 2-4 units range.

Now, I know I have a long road ahead of me with I'm sure many ups and downs. Buttttt, if I am able to make that many sales once, I know it is possible to do it again and then some I'm sure.

Pretty cool stuff! I hope to eventually setup a progress thread with some more detail.

Thanks guys!

Congratulations man!

This post gave me a buzz as I remembered my first "high".

I was sharing the buy box on a product on Amazon that I had imported. It was the week after Black Friday 2014.

The day I went in stock, every other seller happened to go out of stock, and I did 40 sales (1/3 of my shipment) on my first day.

I was hoping for 1 or 2.

That week was unbelievable, and it was an instant switch in my brain from "will this even work?" to "Oh my god I'm in the fastlane!".

--------------

Let's keep this thread going: Share if you've had a similar experience. This could be a really cool thread.

I'd love to hear about @MJ DeMarco 's first booked limo ride.

Last edited:

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
There's were many little boosts along the way but thanksgiving 2015 was when for the first time I hit a k. Now the k wasn't a grand but in the shopify mobile app at the time it showed you the exact daily sale amount (for example it had $1,528 listed as daily sales) that day we crossed over $9,999 and it started showing 10.2k so for the first time ever we had a k day. We ended the day just shy of 20k

I was at my grandparents house eating dinner before going Black Friday shopping when it happened. One of the most exciting business moments of my life.

PedroG

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Oct 1, 2013
NH
Congratulations! Those small wins are not small at all because they serve as references that help you to start truly believing that you can do this.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Love it @TTG SS ! Rep transferred.

My first hit of the "entrepreneurial heroin" came as I was in a meeting with my real estate agent. I was signing the papers to FINALLY sell my house, 10 years, failed relationships, debt, the dam thing was a nightmare and I needed it gone. So I pull up at their office, as I walk in my business partner had put our newest product online. At this point we'd been selling products for maybe 12 months, made some money but nothing to write home about. We only had 20 as a sample order, and sold the lot in an hour. My phone was on silent but still had vibrate on, and it didn't stop the whole time I was with the agent.

"What the hell is going on with your phone?"

"Ah thats sales in the internet business I was telling you about"

I'll never forget it. Shedding something from my life with so much baggage while getting a taste of the fastlane. What a hit!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Big congrats man, "entrepreneurial heroine" or passion (lol) occurs because you've connected your feedback loop which I talk about in Unscripted . It is the secret to staying motivated, or firing motivation, if it is waning. Keep that feedback loop connected and you can do anything.

These stories are always the most exciting because it finally gives most people a "holy sh*t" moment. Really hard to go back after experiencing it.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Big congrats man, "entrepreneurial heroine" or passion (lol) occurs because you've connected your feedback loop which I talk about in Unscripted . It is the secret to staying motivated, or firing motivation, if it is waning. Keep that feedback loop connected and you can do anything.

These stories are always the most exciting because it finally gives most people a "holy sh*t" moment. Really hard to go back after experiencing it.

Thanks, @MJ DeMarco

Your books have always been a major driving factor in taking the leap to become an entrepreneur!

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
Hi Guys,

Thanks guys!
Congratulations & keep going!!!

Mr_Maravish

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Jul 7, 2015
My first time was one evening around the holiday season. It was my first online business, and I had that effect. Nothing really major; my net profit on this product was $100 per unit sold. So I'm sitting in the living room, and my apple watch goes off with a notification from my Shopify store. I froze for a moment as it was my first sale and I couldn't believe it. Once grounded, I go and try to figure out how to print a shipping label to ship out ASAP (never shipped an order before), while I'm figuring it out, I get another Shopify notification for another order. I made 2 sales that night at $100 a pop!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.