What's new

Hello! from an Englishman living in Chile

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

sammydee

New Contributor
Hey Guys,

A quick intro from me.

My name's Sam Philip, and I live in Santiago, Chile. I graduated with a Physics degree from the UK when I was 21, and promptly left for Australia. I lived there for a year on a working holiday visa, worked a bunch of odd jobs and saved enough money to travel South America for 8 months. Then I went back to England to find my parents had rented out the house and I had no money, no income and nowhere to live. So I took a shot in the dark and moved to Chile just over a year ago.

When I arrived, I worked as a customer support rep for a very popular free market blogger based here, hated it and quit, then worked as a bartender for four months which was fun and taught me a lot of Spanish. Then I taught English for a bit but I knew that was a dead end, so I quit that too.

I'm now 24 years old and currently work for a tech startup here in Santiago that produces an enterprise-level mobile learning platform, I've been working closely with the founder since last April. The Startup was funded by Startup Chile although that money has long been spent and the development costs have been grudgingly dredged from the founders pocket.

I'm driven to post this because my work is starting to become a drag. My pay has always been appallingly low (about $700 per month) and the hours long but I put up with it because I (perhaps mistakenly) thought I was learning something and building something for myself.

However, the founder has just told me that he only intends to give me a 3% stake in the company that will mature over the next five years (!!). Considering we don't even have any real customers yet, and my very low pay, this is starting to look like a garbage option.

I now speak fluent Spanish, and I've been out on multiple sales visits to present the product in that language, but frankly the technology simply isn't ready yet and no amount of sales pazazz can make up for that. I'm not even sure how much longer it will take before it will be ready. The process is slowed because the founder isn't willing to put any more personal cash in to pay the developers and I certainly don't have any cash to fund it.

Frankly I'm frustrated, I was making more money than this when I sold model airplane parts from my bedroom when I was 16 years old.

Chile is a very different business environment from most western countries. But I'm convinced there is abundant opportunity here for anybody that can speak the language well.

I have a couple of side projects on the go but nothing I've made any real money from. I've been thinking about a premium relocation service for expats wishing to move here (see a fledgling site at http://ultimateguidetochile.com) and I've been offering some basic web design services, but frankly I'm lost. I don't know whether to stick it out at my current job and wait for the development to catch up so I can make some money selling this thing, or to look for another job at another startup. I don't have any other way to supplement my income right now so I don't have a lot of freedom in this regard.

I'm extremely frustrated because I KNOW I should be better than this! I'm smart and capable enough to graduate in Physics yet all I have to show for it three years later are more casual shit jobs than I can count and $500 in the bank.

I'm very driven to make something work. I've read TMF twice already, I understand all the theory behind fastlane businesses and I'm in a country wide open to business opportunity. There shouldn't any reason for me not to succeed...

So I'm looking forward to gleaning some guidance and direction from this wonderful online resource.

Thanks for reading!
Sam

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hsiev tvusz Ten!

Nz efwodi ot vu tvesv zuas uxp vjoph up vji tofi. Qodl e vjoph xji zua tii vji quvipvoem gus neloph Detjgmux vji getvitv epf tvesv caomfoph vjev op zuas tqesi voni.

Fup'v jewi tqesi voni? Neli tuni!

Hsiev tvusz nep..O piwis jewi voni cav emxezt neli nz getvmepi xusl (up huoph ) nz qsousovz iwip ejief ug nz xogi epf djomfsip. Jet xuslif gus vji nutv qesv vjat ges..Upmz tu nepz juast op vji fez mum..Xotjoph zua madl

Vjeplt gus vji siqmoit hazt!

Upi cipigov ug mowoph op Djomi ot vjev ov't IYVSINIMZ djieq, ov upmz dutvt ni ecuav $400 gus sipv epf guuf iedj nupvj. O'n qsivvz gsahem epf fup'v tqipf nadj nusi vjep vjev.

TacBisu - Zit, vjot ot vji dupdmatoup O jewi duni vu et ximm. Vji getvis O dep hiv ep opduni gsun tuni uvjis tuasdi (epf ov upmz piift vu ci $400 qis nupvj!!) vji getvis O xomm ci opfiqipfipv ci ecmi vu tvesv qavvoph nz xjumi iggusvt opvu ipvsiqsipiasoem qastaovt.

O'wi ciip uggisoph xic fitohp tiswodit vu tuni mudem catopittit jisi, O jewip'v jef epzcufz veli ni aq up nz uggis ziv cav O xomm dupvopai xusloph vjot ephmi.

Duamf zua tiv zuastimg aq et e vsefoph dunqepz/iyqusvis. Natv ci e capdj ug opfatvsoit vjisi epf puv nepz qiuqmi huuf op Iphmotj

Djomi ot e wisz foggisipv catopitt ipwosupnipv gsun nutv xitvisp duapvsoit. Cav O'n dupwopdif vjisi ot ecapfepv uqqusvapovz jisi gus epzcufz vjev dep tqiel vji mephaehi ximm.

tennzfii: Op xjev xez ot vji catopitt ipwosupnipv foggisipv?

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom