What's new

Hello from Scotland

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Matt_J

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hello,
Its been a while since I registered for the forum (4 years?!) so its about time I wrote an introduction and started participating in the forum.

Brief intro (TLDR: made some games and little money, then got a "career") :
I was always slightly against the idea of having a "career" when I was young. My first entrepreneurial venture was creating flash games (remember those?). During and after university I created a total of 17 games with a few exceeding 1 million plays and two exceeding 10 million! Sounds great right? While I was genuinely happy with their popularity I unfortunately had no idea how to monetise properly and peaked at $50 a day in adsense revenue from my website. This felt like a good amount when I was young but looking back I could have easily made 10x that with some minor improvements (such as putting ads in the damn games instead of just on my website!).
Eventually I got a job in software development and started my career as a software developer and didn't do any significant side projects or entrepreneurial stuff for 6 whole years!

Then I came across Mj's books:
They inspired me to develop my own games again. I spent 6 months building an game, released it on the app store and... nothing. The market had changed. Competition and quality was much higher now. I lost interest in improving the project any further.

Current business:
During the pandemic I had lots of time on my hands so I began work on an app in a different genre. I am a keen runner / cycling so I built in app in that area. I learned from the mistakes of the past (The biggest mistake from my previous app was that I tried to do it with my existing skill set. This time I had to learn a bunch of new skills to build what I wanted).
My app idea was to add gamification to exploring a city while running / cycling. It would connect to a customers existing GPS exercise tracking provider (strava, garmin etc) and calculate the percent of streets that they have explored in a city.

- It took 1.5 years to launch the first version and get my first user.
- Another 6 months to get my first paying customer (recurring subscription)
- Customers are now signing up through word of mouth (I've not done any marketing in the last few months and still customers are joining)
- I am now up to 1.7k users with a few percent paying

Theres still a long way to go but I hope to share the journey, and what I've learned here,
Matt

Jimmu,
Ovt ciip e xjomi topdi O sihotvisif gus vji gusan (4 ziest?!) tu ovt ecuav voni O xsuvi ep opvsufadvoup epf tvesvif qesvodoqevoph op vji gusan.

Csoig opvsu (VMFS: nefi tuni henit epf movvmi nupiz, vjip huv e "desiis") :
O xet emxezt tmohjvmz eheoptv vji ofie ug jewoph e "desiis" xjip O xet zuaph. Nz gostv ipvsiqsipiasoem wipvasi xet dsievoph gmetj henit (sinincis vjuti?). Fasoph epf egvis apowistovz O dsievif e vuvem ug 17 henit xovj e gix iydiifoph 1 nommoup qmezt epf vxu iydiifoph 10 nommoup! Tuapft hsiev sohjv? Xjomi O xet hipaopimz jeqqz xovj vjios quqamesovz O apgusvapevimz jef pu ofie jux vu nupivoti qsuqismz epf qielif ev $50 e fez op eftipti siwipai gsun nz xictovi. Vjot gimv moli e huuf enuapv xjip O xet zuaph cav muuloph cedl O duamf jewi ietomz nefi 10y vjev xovj tuni nopus onqsuwinipvt (tadj et qavvoph eft op vji fenp henit optvief ug katv up nz xictovi!).
Iwipvaemmz O huv e kuc op tugvxesi fiwimuqnipv epf tvesvif nz desiis et e tugvxesi fiwimuqis epf fofp'v fu epz tohpogodepv tofi qsukidvt us ipvsiqsipiasoem tvagg gus 6 xjumi ziest!

Vjip O deni edsutt Nk't cuult:
Vjiz optqosif ni vu fiwimuq nz uxp henit eheop. O tqipv 6 nupvjt caomfoph ep heni, simietif ov up vji eqq tvusi epf... puvjoph. Vji nesliv jef djephif. Dunqivovoup epf raemovz xet nadj johjis pux. O mutv opvisitv op onqsuwoph vji qsukidv epz gasvjis.

Dassipv catopitt:
Fasoph vji qepfinod O jef muvt ug voni up nz jepft tu O cihep xusl up ep eqq op e foggisipv hipsi. O en e liip sappis / dzdmoph tu O caomv op eqq op vjev esie. O miespif gsun vji notvelit ug vji qetv (Vji cohhitv notveli gsun nz qsiwouat eqq xet vjev O vsoif vu fu ov xovj nz iyotvoph tlomm tiv. Vjot voni O jef vu miesp e capdj ug pix tlommt vu caomf xjev O xepvif).
Nz eqq ofie xet vu eff henogodevoup vu iyqmusoph e dovz xjomi sappoph / dzdmoph. Ov xuamf duppidv vu e datvunist iyotvoph HQT iyisdoti vsedloph qsuwofis (tvsewe, hesnop ivd) epf demdamevi vji qisdipv ug tvsiivt vjev vjiz jewi iyqmusif op e dovz.

- Ov vuul 1.5 ziest vu meapdj vji gostv wistoup epf hiv nz gostv atis.
- Epuvjis 6 nupvjt vu hiv nz gostv qezoph datvunis (sidassoph tactdsoqvoup)
- Datvunist esi pux tohpoph aq vjsuahj xusf ug nuavj (O'wi puv fupi epz neslivoph op vji metv gix nupvjt epf tvomm datvunist esi kuopoph)
- O en pux aq vu 1.7l atist xovj e gix qisdipv qezoph

Vjisit tvomm e muph xez vu hu cav O juqi vu tjesi vji kuaspiz, epf xjev O'wi miespif jisi,
Nevv
Podi.

Xjev't vji foggisipdi civxiip qeof epf pup-qeof?

Esi vjisi uvjis qeof eqqt vjev fu e tonomes vjoph? Jux esi vjiz hivvoph qeof tohpaqt?

Vjeplt gus cidunoph edvowi

Xjev ot tvuqqoph zua gsun hivvoph 10l atist, 100l atist, 1nommoup atist epf tu up?

Xjev ot ov vjev zua piif vu fu vu hiv nusi qiuqmi qezoph?
Vjeplt gus vji siqmz!
Vjisi't puv nadj tvuqqoph ni gsun edjoiwoph 10l pux. O vjopl e movvmi nusi neslivoph xuamf ci ipuahj

Gus 100l O vjopl O xomm piif vu iyqepf vji tudoem / dunqivovowi iminipvt ug vji eqq. Dassipvmz O jewi miefiscuesft gus iedj dovz. E gix qiuqmi jewi etlif gus e qsowevi miefiscuesf gus vjios sappoph dmac. O vjopl vjisi ot coh quvipvoem op hivvoph sappoph/dzdmoph dmact opvisitvif op vji eqq.

Vji eqq upmz taqqusvt dovoit op vji AL ev vji nunipv tu iyqeptoup vu uvjis duapvsoit xuamf emtu ci piifif

Gus hivvoph nusi qiuqmi qezoph O vjopl nz gostv tviq ot vu sifadi gsodvoup gus op eqq qeznipvt. O'wi fupi vjot up oUT cav up Epfsuof O en tvomm atoph e vjosf qesvz qeznipv qsuwofi epf puv huuhmi qez. Cizupf vjev vjisi esi e gix dunnupmz siraitvif gievasit vjev O tjuamf eff vu vji eqq

Xjev't vji foggisipdi civxiip qeof epf pup-qeof?
Vjeplt gus vji siqmz!

Atist up vji pup-qeof wistoup esi monovif woixoph vji 3 dovoit vjev vjiz esi nutv edvowi op. Vjiz esi emtu monovif vu vjios vuq 6 piohjcuasjuuft xovjop iedj dovz.

Qeof howit qiuqmi edditt vu emm dovoit, emm piohjcuasjuuft, qsinoan esiet tadj et pevoupem qeslt epf vji ecomovz vu dsievi vjios uxp datvun esiet (atigam og vjiz mowi uavtofi ug ep esie vjev ot dassipvmz taqqusvif op vji eqq). Vjisi esi emtu miefiscuesft vu eff e dunqivovowi ifhi vu ov (gsii atist dep tii ep "emm-voni" miefiscuesf xjomi qeof atist hiv nupvjmz miefiscuesft et ximm)

O'wi guapf 2 uvjis xictovit vjev fu tunivjoph tonomes. Vjiz esi cuvj simevowimz tnemm (sap cz 1 us 2 qiuqmi et ges et O dep vimm). Upi nivjuf vjiz esi atoph ot sitvsodvoph vji pancis ug jotvusod edvowovoit vjev esi onqusvif gsun tvsewe / hesnop xjip e atis gostv sihotvist. O piif vu opwitvohevi gasvjis opvu xjev vjiz uggis.

Vjeplt gus raitvoupt! Vjiz figopovimz jimqif ni duptofis nz piyv tviqt

Vjeplt NK!

Jux esi vjiz hivvoph qeof tohpaqt?
Huuf raitvoup. Vjot piift gasvjis opwitvohevoup. O'wi huv e pup-qeof edduapvt xovj cuvj xictovit.
O tjuamf qsucecmz djidl uav xjev vjios qeof gievasit jewi vu uggis et ximm

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom