The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Sydney

DanInSyd

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Nov 7, 2016
Hi to TFLF!

I am your typical long time listener, first time caller!

I listened to TMF on Audible earlier this year, and along with RDPD, my mind was blown. I am thankful to MJ for setting up this site to allow us all to communicate and share ideas of how to change.

I am from the UK, but now i live in Sydney with my Aussie wife, and after speaking with a financial advisor to help plan our future and exit strategy, we are about to buy our first investment property. I had my own business in the UK, (alongside a full-time job) but I sold it before I moved here, and it taught me some good fundamentals. I'm working a full time job here in Sydney, but the money is pretty good and I have a decent standard of living, so the temptation is just to retain the status quo.

But, I don't think i'm wired that way, and have no desire to work 5 day weeks for the rest of my life. So i'm always looking for something to take me out of it, and my focus at the moment is getting into the property investing, and writing some guides/textbooks on particular job roles in my industry (which is way different from anything i'm used to, but after writing my thesis last year I got the bug for writing/researching).

I like what people like the Barefoot Investor and the guys from the Property Couch have done here in Aus, so I might look into pod/vodcasting as an avenue for building a following ahead of book/programme releases etc. I am not sure how it is all going to pan out, and I'm not the fastest at executing, but I will get there, that's for sure.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for giving me so much to read over the past six months, plenty of nuggets of gold here!

Thanks, Dan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sean Kaye

Hopium Dealer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
365%
Jun 14, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Hi to TFLF!

I am your typical long time listener, first time caller!

I listened to TMF on Audible earlier this year, and along with RDPD, my mind was blown. I am thankful to MJ for setting up this site to allow us all to communicate and share ideas of how to change.

I am from the UK, but now i live in Sydney with my Aussie wife, and after speaking with a financial advisor to help plan our future and exit strategy, we are about to buy our first investment property. I had my own business in the UK, (alongside a full-time job) but I sold it before I moved here, and it taught me some good fundamentals. I'm working a full time job here in Sydney, but the money is pretty good and I have a decent standard of living, so the temptation is just to retain the status quo.

But, I don't think i'm wired that way, and have no desire to work 5 day weeks for the rest of my life. So i'm always looking for something to take me out of it, and my focus at the moment is getting into the property investing, and writing some guides/textbooks on particular job roles in my industry (which is way different from anything i'm used to, but after writing my thesis last year I got the bug for writing/researching).

I like what people like the Barefoot Investor and the guys from the Property Couch have done here in Aus, so I might look into pod/vodcasting as an avenue for building a following ahead of book/programme releases etc. I am not sure how it is all going to pan out, and I'm not the fastest at executing, but I will get there, that's for sure.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for giving me so much to read over the past six months, plenty of nuggets of gold here!

Thanks, Dan

Hey @DanInSyd - I'm in Sydney as well! Welcome aboard.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...