The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello! I'm new here.

chrisclark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 25, 2016
Hello! I think this is my first time posting here. I just finish MJ's book and really enjoyed it. I thought I would check out the forum as well.

Anyway, since I'm here... While reading the book, I gave a lot of thought to "fastlane" ideas, applying the information in the book to whatever I would come up with.

I wanted to see what you all think of a rent-to-own supplier of high end baby equipment. The business would bring needed supplies to families of young children with poor credit. There would be a premium charged for the ability to pay over time without the use of a credit card.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Hello! I think this is my first time posting here. I just finish MJ's book and really enjoyed it. I thought I would check out the forum as well.

Anyway, since I'm here... While reading the book, I gave a lot of thought to "fastlane" ideas, applying the information in the book to whatever I would come up with.

I wanted to see what you all think of a rent-to-own supplier of high end baby equipment. The business would bring needed supplies to families of young children with poor credit. There would be a premium charged for the ability to pay over time without the use of a credit card.

Thoughts?
What if the baby out grew the thing before it was paid off?

chrisclark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 25, 2016
What if the baby out grew the thing before it was paid off?

I'd try to avoid that, structuring payment plans while anticipating the length of time the item would be needed, on average. I'd also consider an option where the family could return the inventory and cease making payments. Company gets to keep rental income and has the inventory back to send to another family.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Agreed with @jon.a Do you have children? Kids outgrow things quickly. The only thing you'd realistically use more than a year is a crib. Check out Sharktank too, there was a company called Toygaroo, tried this idea kind of with kids toys http://sharktankblog.com/toygaroo-bankruptcy-update-from-former-cto/

Don't get me wrong, the infant, baby and child market are huge, but your financing can't outgrow the actual baby. Besides, a lot of poor credit, low income families get most of their stuff from consignment stores catering to baby supplies.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

chrisclark

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 25, 2016
Agreed with @jon.a Do you have children? Kids outgrow things quickly. The only thing you'd realistically use more than a year is a crib. Check out Sharktank too, there was a company called Toygaroo, tried this idea kind of with kids toys http://sharktankblog.com/toygaroo-bankruptcy-update-from-former-cto/

Don't get me wrong, the infant, baby and child market are huge, but your financing can't outgrow the actual baby. Besides, a lot of poor credit, low income families get most of their stuff from consignment stores catering to baby supplies.

I do - I have a 2 year old. The car seat and stroller are what brought this idea to mind. Both are very expensive, and we purchased both when the baby was born. Crib, as you mentioned, is also still in use. I think 1 - 2 yr. financing would have to be the max. I agree, it couldn't / shouldn't exceed the need for the product.

I'll have to take a look at the Shark Tank company. Thank you!

Trud09

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 23, 2016

Thoughts?

Hi There and welcome to the forum.

Have you run a business before? If not, I recommend you try some type of hustle. Don't let idea paralysis set in. Pick an idea using WADM from the book, take massive action, ???, Profit

I recommend reading the Gold threads if you haven't yet. They are marked gold for a reason, a lot of helpful information there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...