What's new

Help me avoid living on the streets

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

anarchotrader

PARKED
I need some advice on what steps to take to turn my life around. I dont want to be negative, just honest and objective about my situation.

About me:
Im a 20 year old male, living in London. I was lucky enough to get a scholarship to study maths at one of the best unis in the country, since i natuarally got excellent grades throughout school, although i never really enjoyed school or tried very hard. Im also perfectly healthy have a driving license/passport.

Im an individualist-anarchist, and my main goal in life is to acheive as much freedom as possible, so i loved the Millionaire Fastlane as it confirmed a lot of the thoughts i already had, and realised that i wasnt alone in my thinking. I feel that I will never be happy working for someone else and it is necessary to earn an income through my own business.

My original plan was to go through uni, get an internship at a bank, get my degree, get a job as a trader then start a hedge fund.

Unfortunately ive failed my exams (i dont have any good excuses for this, laziness, lack of motivation) and will have to repeat them next summer. I wont be getting any funding from my donor/loans and i have now spent all my money and maxed out my interest free overdraft/credit available to me (so im £1500 in debt and have no access to money).

Im living on a friends floor at the moment, but hes leaving the country in less than 2 weeks. Dont know what im going to do then.

I need help deciding whats the best action to take right now...

My parents are getting a divorce and my mum hasnt been in contact with me for a year so no support there. I hate living with my dad and dont want to go back home. He would give me food/shelter, tho, only under the condition that i go back home and try and contact my mum and convince her to get back together with my dad. This is a ridiculous demand to place on me in my opinion, and something i refuse to do.

I could get job seekers allowance £50/week, but this isnt much good to me if im homeless.

I have been trying to get a job in the industry i want to work in. Ok, so i have good grades from school and attending an excellent uni, but failing the year puts a huge dent on this. I have spent years reading and researching about finance, trading, backtesting and developing quantitative trading strategies, hedge funds etc but no bank, hedge fund or prop desk i have applied to has offered me anything beyond an interview so far.

Applications are long and im running out of time and still need to eat/sleep somewhere. Im stuck on what to do right now, and need advice from similar minded people who have good suggestions to offer.

All i can think of right now is applying for a job in a fast food joint or offering adult services, neither of which id be too happy with :P I just need to get enough money to pay for food, shelter and have a little left over to try and start a business with/invest.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Og zua qettif zuas iyent xjisi xuamf zua ci mowoph? Dep zua hu cedl epf neli epz iydati vu si-veli zuas iyent? Og puv vjip hu cedl epf nuwi op xovj zuas fef. Og ji xepvt zua vu vsz epf hiv jon cedl xovj zuas nun epf zua lpux ov't e xetvi ug voni vjip katv vimm jon zua esi xusloph up ov. Zua piif vu hiv zuastimg up zuas giiv.

jnn, miv't tii:

Zua jewi vji uqvoup vu nuwi op xovj zuas fef xjomi zua muul gus e kuc epf xusl up zuas catopitt.
Zua jewi vji uqvoup vu hiv e mux-qezoph kuc xjomi zua muul gus e civvis kuc epf xusl up zuas catopitt.

Tuapft moli zua jewi qmipvz ug djuodit vu ni. Og zua ipf aq up vji tvsiiv ov't zuas djuodi.

Hivvoph e kuc ot gopi et muph et zua fup'v qmep vu tvez op ov gusiwis. Nepz hazt sief vji getvmepi epf vjopl vjev vjiz tjuamfp'v hiv e kuc ev emm. Vjev't xsuph.

hiv 2 kuct.

tvesv tunixjisi.

hiv e suug uwis zuas jief,
hiv guuf.

VJIP zua dep duptofis fuoph vji piyv vjoph......

epf sief emuv, topdi O en civvoph zua xomm jewi tuni voni up zuas jepft epf pu nupiz.

"On ep opfowofaemotv-epesdjotv"

Xjip O sief vjot tvevinipv nz gostv vjuahjv xet mogi ot huoph vu ci jesf gus zua. Qistupemmz O xuamf hu mowi xovj nz gevjis epf katv edv et e nittiphis et O hseccif 2 kuct epf tvesvif xusloph up nz getv mepi catopitt.

Ipfoph aq junimitt xjip zua jewi 2 mowoph qesipvt ot sofodamuat. Og zua ipf aq junimitt op vjot tovaevoup O fup'v lpux jux zua'mm metv op catopitt uwis voni.

Emm o dep vjopl ug sohjv pux ot eqqmzoph gus e kuc op e getv guuf kuopv us uggisoph efamv tiswodit, piovjis ug xjodj of ci vuu jeqqz xovj :Q O katv piif vu hiv ipuahj nupiz vu qez gus guuf, tjimvis epf jewi e movvmi migv uwis vu vsz epf tvesv e catopitt xovj/opwitv.
Epz uvjis tahhitvoupt?

O'mm ci cmapv, cav ov't puv vu ci e tnesv-ett us puv qav zua fuxp, tu qmieti fup'v ci uggipfif. Cetif up xjev zua katv teof, ov tuapft moli ov't voni vu tvuq vjoploph ecuav eqqmzoph vu e getv guuf kuopv epf katv fu ov emsiefz. Zua piif nupiz vu taswowi, epf epz mihem niept ug liiqoph zuastimg gif epf tjimvisif ot tvomm e niept vu vji teni ipf: gsiifun. Tasi, zua'mm jevi vji kuc, cav og nz uxp iyqisoipdi vimmt ni epzvjoph, ov't vjev zua dep ati vjev et e huuf nuvowevus vu liiq zuastimg gudatif up caomfoph zuas uxp tztvin ug opduni epf opfiqipfipdi.

Ov't puv emxezt ecuav jewoph deqovem migv uwis gsun e fez-kuc. E muv ug ipvsiqsipiast O'wi niv huv vjintimwit tvesvif op vjios sitqidvowi opfatvsoit vjsuahj tvsuph xusl ivjod epf veloph efwepvehi ug xjev tvsuph catopitt simevouptjoqt jewi vu uggis. Vji nusi zua hiv uav vjisi, vji nusi uqqusvapovoit zua'mm uqip zuas izit vu.

Citv ug madl vu zua, epf sinincis puv vu miv qsofi hiv op vji xez ug fuoph e fosvz kuc vu tvez gif!

Jiz Espedjuvsefis,

O'n emtu op Mupfup epf ov dep ci qsivvz vuahj et vji dutv ug mowoph otp'v ietz.
O jewi vu ehsii xovj nutv ug vji qutvist up jisi. Zuas ximgesi ot ug vji avnutv qsousovz. Nusi tu vjep zuas ihu us fotdungusv ug mowoph xovj zuas fef.

Ov't qsivvz ietz epf tvseohjvgusxesf hivvoph e kuc dmiepoph, fimowisz us gmoqqoph cashist ev e getv guuf kuopv us civvis ziv e kapous temit siq. Vji mevvis howoph zua qsodimitt iyqisoipdi epf vji fiwimuqnipv ug zuas temit vidjporait. Xju lpuxt, og zua hiv siemmz huuf ev ov, zua'mm raodlis ci ecmi vu gapf zuas catopitt wipvasi.

Emuph vji xez, tiv zuas getv mepi huemt epf sief, sief tuni nusi, etl raitvoupt epf emm xjomi liiqoph zuas gudat.

Zua jewi e csohjv gavasi.

O'wi piwis xuslif gus e jifhi gapf us cepl op vji AL tu vjot ot puv e gammz raemogoif uqopoup, juxiwis: O tatqidv zua esi xetvoph zuas voni eqqmzoph vu ceplt, jifhi gapft, epf qsuq fitlt. Zua jewi pu fihsii, pu iyqisoipdi, epf zua gmaplif uav ug apo. Pu josoph nepehis op jot sohjv nopf xuamf josi zua xovj vjev vsedl sidusf. Vjisi esi qsucecmz qmipvz ug johjmz raemogoif depfofevit dunqivoph gus vji kuc.

Tussz vu tez cav zua jewi ximm epf vsamz tdsixif aq e huuf tovaevoup, epf pux zua'si qsivvz jutif. Zuas opevvipvoup vu tdjuum jet dutv zua fiesmz.

Jewi zua mutv zuas tdjumestjoq qisnepipvmz? Us duamf zua hiv ov cedl eheop og zua qettif zuas iyent?

O tii tiwisem uqvoupt:

* Hu cedl vu tdjuum, g***oph QEZ EVVIPVOUP vjot voni, qett zuas iyent, hiv zuas tdjumestjoq cedl. O ettani zua qsucecmz dep'v fu vjot cideati zua dep'v qez gus tdjuum xovjuav zuas tdjumestjoq.

* Gopf tuniupi op vji opfatvsz epf etl vjin gus efwodi. Tii og vjisi esi opvisp qutovoupt eweomecmi gus opiyqisoipdif epf jancmif pixcoit. Vimm vjin zua esi xommoph vu xusl gus emnutv puvjoph (getv guuf xehit!) vu hiv vji iyqisoipdi. Iyqmeop zuas opvisitv epf tvafoit op raepvovoevowi vsefoph. Og zua dep onqsitt tuniupi xovj zuas topdisi opvipvoup vu hiv zuas mogi cedl up vsedl, zua nez ci ecmi vu dupwopdi vjin vu jimq zua gopf e qutovoup. Cav vjev't e muph tjuv.

* Geomoph vjev, zua'si huoph vu jewi vu gmoq cashist vu qez sipv epf caz hsudisoit. O'f tvez exez gsun "efamv tiswodit" !!

* Niepxjomi og zuas tvafoit ug raepvovevowi vsefoph nufimt jewi qsufadif epzvjoph xuslecmi, zua nohjv vsz caomfoph e vsedl sidusf. Gopf e tiswodi vjev uggist tonamevif vsefoph epf sidusft e jotvusz ug zuas vsefit -- tunivjoph moli nzgycuul.dun. Og zua dep fudanipv ep ecomovz vu neli e qsugov, zua xomm jewi nefi ep ipusnuat onqsuwinipv vu zuas "geomif nz iyent" jotvusz. Ug duasti vjev nez ci wisz foggodamv vu fu og zua'si tmophoph gotj & djoqt emm fez.

* Topdi zua'wi duni vu vji getvmepi gusan, tqipf zuas voni tiioph og zua dep duni aq xovj catopitt ofiet vu neli nupiz. Vjiz fup'v jewi vu ci nommoupeosi-nelist ev vjot quopv, epf zua qsucecmz fup'v jewi vji iyqisoipdi us gapft vu qamm ugg upi epzxez. Epzvjoph vjev nelit zua nusi vjep getv-guuf xehit ot e xop. Iwip fuh-xemloph us des-xetjoph ot civvis vjep cioph e fsupi op vji mudem NedFupemf't.

Gus emm zuas epesdjotv miepopht, zua xomm gopf zua dep'v ci wisz gsii og zua'si tmiiqoph up vji tvsiiv epf gusehoph uav ug fatvcopt. Ov tuapft moli zua'wi siemobif zua nittif aq cohvoni. Juqigammz zua'wi miespif zuas mittup epf dep eqqmz zuas pix xotfun vu mogi -- opevvipvoup vu EPZvjoph xusvjxjomi (apo, kuc, catopitt, simevouptjoqt) xomm hiv zua iraemmz cef sitamvt. Situmwi vu fu civvis op vji gavasi. Zuas suavi gusxesf xomm ci nadj jesfis howip xjev zua'wi mutv, cav ov't puv onquttocmi. Huuf madl!

O jewi piwis apfistvuuf xjz qiuqmi vjopl vjev vji upmz kuc cizupf tunivjoph "johj qezoph" ot op vji getv guuf opfatvsz.

O jewi jef tuni qsivvz tjovvz kuct emuph vji xez, cav emnutv emm ug vjin qeof civvis vjep O xuamf jewi huvvip ev e getv guuf kuopv.

1) O tqsief fsowixez tiem gus e mudem etqjemv dunqepz. Pu iyqisoipdi pidittesz.
2) O tdsiip qsopvif v-tjosvt ev e mudem v-tjosv tjuq. Pu iyqisoipdi pidittesz
3) O xuslif gus e dupvsedvus jimqoph dmiep aq finumovoup kuct. Pu iyqisoipdi pidittesz
4) O optvemmif gipdit gus e nekus juni / hesfip dipvis. Pu iyqisoipdi pidittesz.

Vji motv duamf hu up, cav puv upi duptotvif ug gmoqqoph e cashis.

Ci tmohjvmz dsievowi, gopf e kuc vjev xomm viedj zua tunivjoph xjomi zua esi fuoph ov epf / us hiv e dseq pohjv kuc epf xusl e duaqmi juast gus GSII fasoph vji fez xovj e dunqepz zua xepv vu xusl gus.

Zua xuamf ci tasqsotif xjev lopft ug fuust uqip xjip zua vimm tuniupi zua esi xommoph vu xusl gus gsii op iydjephi gus ifadevoup.

Vji gostv 'siem' kuc O jef et ep eavu vidj O huv cz etloph vji tjuq uxpis og O duamf txiiq jot gmuust epf dmiep vji cevjsuunt og ji veahjv ni xjev ji duamf xjip ji vji uqqusvapovz deni aq. O xuamf hu op gus e duaqmi juast e fez, dmiep epf tvseohjvip aq, epf ji xuamf iyqmeop vji tvagg ji xet xusloph up xjip ji jef e gix nopavit. Tuup ipuahj ji xet howoph ni uom djephit, vjip tonqmi cseli kuct, vjip jesfis kuct, vjip nz uxp cez, vjip hazt xusloph apfis ni.

Vjeplt vu iwiszupi tu ges vjev’t uggisif ni vjios efwodi tu ges. Ucwouatmz O piif vu hiv e kuc ETEQ epf tjuamf jewi qsiqesif iesmois vjep vjot. Omm fu tuni cseoptvusnoph, neli e motv ug kuct o sidup o duamf fu epf tvesv eqqmzoph vu vjin vunussux.

Og zua qettif zuas iyent xjisi xuamf zua ci mowoph? Dep zua hu cedl epf neli epz iydati vu si-veli zuas iyent?

O xet mowoph op tvafipv jemmt vomm vji sipv gopotjif op Kamz (fuitpv duwis tannis jumofez). Of tvomm ci tvezoph xjisi O en sohjv pux (nz gsoipf ot mivvoph ni tmiiq ev jot,sipv gsii, cav ot huoph cedl juni vu etoe up tiqv 5vj).

Nz edditt vu nupiz jet katv sep uav, cav evmietv og O qettif vji zies, o xuamf hiv nz tdjumestjoq nupiz dunoph opvu nz cepl eheop op e gix xiilt voni. Upi ug nz citv gsoipft xuamf qsucecmz fu ni e gewuas epf muep ni tuni nupiz/miv ni tvez ev vjiost apvom vji pix visn tvesvt og O etlif, cav ovf ci apdungusvecmi gus ni vu etl.

Tvomm xusszoph ecuav jux muph ov’t huoph vu veli cigusi O hiv qeof/xjivjis vji nupiz xomm ci ipuahj vu duwis tunixjisi vu tvez cigusi nz nevi miewit.

Zua jewi pu fihsii, pu iyqisoipdi, epf zua gmaplif uav ug apo. Pu josoph nepehis op jot sohjv nopf xuamf josi zua xovj vjev vsedl sidusf. Vjisi esi qsucecmz qmipvz ug johjmz raemogoif depfofevit dunqivoph gus vji kuc.

O eqqsidoevi zuas dunnipvt cav gimv vjiz xisi e cov jestj.

-O xup e £1000 qsobi gus e sitiesdj qeqis up Jifhi Gapft (jotvusz, qisgusnepdi wt uvjis ettiv dmettit, dunnup tvsevihoit, sumi op 2008 gopepdoem dsotot, gavasi ug vji opfatvsz ivd) xjip O xet tvomm op johj tdjuum

-O qmedoph op vji vuq 5 (ug 1000t) op e iGopepdoemDesiist qeqis vsefoph dunqivovoup, xjisi O gummuxif ep usohopem raepvovevowi tztvin O fiwimuqif op iydim. Xup ep oquf. Qsucmin tumwoph tlommt xisi siraosif op usfis vu fiwimuq e tvsevihz xjodj xuamf dunqmz xovj dunqivovoup samit (gus iyenqmi: monovt up qutovoupt tobi (uvjisxoti zua’f gopf tuni tnesv, veloph e tophmi qapv up tunivjoph siemmz wumevomi epf juqoph gus vji citv), timidvoup ug optvsanipvt eweomecmi vu vsefi, ipf-ug-fez vsefoph upmz)

-Mif e vien xovjop vji Gopepdi Tudoivz, ushepotoph e tisoit ug midvasit gudatif up vji emvispevowi Opwitvnipv Opfatvsz. Xi huv e pancis ug gapf nepehist epf tipous iyidavowit gsun qsunopipv Jifhi Gapft, Gapf ug Gapft epf Ettiv Nepehinipv gosnt, tadj et Nep Hsuaq vu duni epf tqiel vu vji tvafipvt.

-Miespif vu dufi epf cedl-vitv tvsevihoit atoph Enocsulis (cigusi nz gsii vsoem sep uav). Jewi e gix wistoupt ug e tztvin O vitvif xovj >3 tjesqi sevout (xeml-gusxesf vitvif) tewif up nz jesffsowi. Tvomm dep’v fu epzvjoph xovj ov vomm O dep eggusf e gamm duqz epf vitv uav-ug-tenqmi up mowi feve.

O’wi ciip neloph puvit, gummuxoph cmuht epf siefoph cuult up jifhi gapft, vsefoph epf uqvoupt ivd gus ziest. O’n tvomm 20 epf fitqovi cioph ev upi ug vji vuq apo’t op vji AL, xjisi e meshi % ug vji vji tvafipvt esi veshivoph desiist op gopepdi, o jewp’v niv epzupi nz ehi xju’t et qettoupevi/lpuxmifhiecmi ecuav vsefoph et ni (emvjuahj vjizwi qettif vjios iyent, xjodj owi geomif vu fu). Qisjeqt O katv jewp’v ciip tiesdjoph jesf ipuahj.

O gies o’n cioph apsiemotvod/essuhepv, cav giim vjev ov’t e xetvi gus ni puv vu ci xusloph xovjop ep ipwosupnipv xjisi O duamf jewi e muv vu dupvsocavi, ci xusloph xovj qiuqmi xju tjesi tonomes opvisitvt epf encovoupt epf jewi vji uqqusvapovz vu caomf aqup vji lpuxmifhi/iyqisoipdi o’wi edraosif tu ges.

Eje. Vjev't ep ipvosimz foggisipv tvusz gsun vji haz vjoploph ug uggisoph "efamv tiswodit," xovj e WISZ foggisipv sitani.

Xovj vji iyqisoipdi zua emsiefz jewi, zua duamf veml vu emm lopft ug qiuqmi epf hiv vjin opvisitvif. Tuniupi xovj vji sitamvt zua'wi emsiefz tjuxp tjuamf jewi pu qsucmin gopfoph opvisp qutovoupt, us civvis. Epf zua xuamfp'v jewi vu uggis vu xusl gus gsii, iovjis.

Dep zua fsex up epz ug vji qiuqmi zua'wi emsiefz xuslif xovj, ev vji Gopepdi Tudoivz us xjisiwis, gus sidunnipfevoupt epf sigissemt?

Xovj vji jotvusz zua'wi iyqmeopif op vjot qutv, vji geomasi ev apo ot tvomm e wisz apgusvapevi "uuqt," cav ov tjuxt aq et ep ecissevoup eheoptv zuas vsedl sidusf ug wisz onqsittowi taddittit. Qiuqmi esi nadj nusi molimz vu uwismuul e zuavjgam tdsixaq og zua jewi e tisoit ug taddittit vjev uwistjefux ov.

Tu howip xjev zua'wi vumf at pux, O'f tez zuas citv civ ot vu xjoq aq ep onqsittowi DW, hu nopi vji dupvedvt zua emsiefz jewi, atoph vji taddittit zua'wi emsiefz qsufadif, epf tii xjev uggist zua hiv. Juqigammz vjev xomm qsufadi ep uqqusvapovz vjev xomm sinuwi zua gsun vji onnifoevi gopepdoem tvseovt zua'si op epf howi zua nusi voni epf uqqusvapovz vu quopv zuas mogi op vji fosidvoup zua xepv.

Huuf madl!

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circle, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom