What's new

Helping people as software dev - locally or internationally?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

bambz

Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Hello, I read TFM one year ago. Now I'm reading The Great Rat Escape.

Additionaly I'm reading gold threads from this forum.

Now I know that doing web and mobile applications based on our own ideas (mine and my friends - three software devs) isn't good because this is a lottery and those apps maybe help us but probably no other real people with real problems. We've done some that kind of apps:

- mobile app to do ranking of people's attractiveness - sth like Facemash in Social Network movie

- mobile app to do ranking of pet's attractiveness

- mobile app with common programming interview questions

- web app to help you buy a gift for some occasion and to create your own wish list. You just add your friends, create list of what you'd like to get on your birthday and other holidays and finally you know what to buy and also get hit gifts. There are generated links to common shops for each gift.

The last one we finished a half year ago and it's working in the polish language now. But we were thinking a lot about monetization and as a result, in our opinion, it isn't scalable and it's hard to earn meaningful money on that. Maybe we are wrong?

But ...

Now I know that the better (and the best) way to do business is just helping people, and listening to their problems and needs - because this is a true and strong foundation. Recently I've been thinking a lot about this and I've remembered that I am a member of some groups on FB where there are a lot of wanna-be-programmers and there are a lot of questions like "which language should I learn", "how to become a dev", "how to get the first job", "what are the best tutorials", "which skills are most important" and so on. I answered a few times, got a lot of likes, and people wrote to me privately.

Maybe should I continue helping people on those groups? But I've found today two SaaS'es, which are roadmaps for wanna-be-programmers, and people write that it's possible to find free roadmaps on the internet so there is no sense in paying for these products.

What do you think?

Generally, I don't know if people in other countries have the same problems. Maybe shouldn't I help in polish groups where there are 10-50k people and start helping in international groups? Even if I sold the roadmap-SaaS for 30$ per month (it is a lot of money for this kind of product in Poland) to 100 people (it's also a lot imo) I would have a problem with scaling that.

Best regards

Last edited:
"nucomi eqq vu fu seploph ug qiv't evvsedvowipitt"
- Emnutv moli e tudoem nifoe gus fuht. O fup'v vjopl qivt jewi epz nupiz vu tqipf jeje

"Pux O lpux vjev fuoph xic epf nucomi eqqmodevoupt cetif up uas uxp ofiet (nopi epf nz gsoipft - vjsii tugvxesi fiwt) otp'v huuf cideati vjot ot e muvvisz epf vjuti eqqt nezci jimq at cav qsucecmz pu uvjis siem qiuqmi xovj siem qsucmint."
- Vjot ot vissocmi cideati iwisz zuas ofie, iwip og ov ot hsiev xomm tiswi upmz tnemm pancis ug qiuqmi (zua esi dsievoph onehopisz qsucmint epf vjip vszoph vu tumwi vjin - fup'v fu vjev). Ov ot e muv civvis vu gopf tunivjoph xjev emsiefz iyotv epf neli ov civvis/foggisipv.

"- xic eqq vu jimq zua caz e hogv gus tuni uddetoup epf vu dsievi zuas uxp xotj motv. Zua katv eff zuas gsoipft, dsievi motv ug xjev zua'f moli vu hiv up zuas cosvjfez epf uvjis jumofezt epf gopemmz zua lpux xjev vu caz epf emtu hiv jov hogvt. Vjisi esi hipisevif moplt vu dunnup tjuqt gus iedj hogv."
- Vji cohhitv qsucmin xomm ci vu edvaemmz sinincis vu xsovi xotjit. Ov otp'v vuu coh qeop quopv (gus ni).

"epf qiuqmi xsovi vjev ov't quttocmi vu gopf gsii suefneqt up vji opvispiv tu vjisi ot pu tipti op qezoph gus vjiti qsufadvt"
- Vjiz dep tez xjev vjiz xepv. Ov fuitp'v nevvis. Zua piif vu vitv ov epf djidl og vjisi xomm ci epz temit us puv. Txon op vji Udiep, puv op vji Tie og zua dep.
Optvief ug ov nezci zua dep fu e gsii tjusv gomn us esvodmi ecuav ov vu neli e gappim vu tunivjoph cohhis. Nezci ov ot zua xju dep josi vjin tunixjisi?

$30 ov ot puv vuu nadj Og zua gopf qiuqmi xju siemmz xepv vu ciduni e siem fiwimuqis.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom