The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey 7 figure + club: If you had to do it all over again in 2023...

Marketing, social media, advertising

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
...What would you change?

So I've had the opportunity to meet a few people (some from this group I believe) that have hit 7 figures or more.

They gave me hope but, I would like to ask the wider community - assuming you've hit 7 figures in online business ( I haven't for the record)

If you had to start things all over today (without giving away all of the secret sauce, but perhaps some) what would you do differently?

What would you do if you only had $5000 to invest?

What would you do if you only had $500 to invest?

If this is somehow against the rules and/or has already been answered thoroughly for 2023 please feel free to take it down.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

So I've had the opportunity to meet a few people (some from this group I believe) that have hit 7 figures or more.

They gave me hope but, I would like to ask the wider community - assuming you've hit 7 figures in online business ( I haven't for the record)

If you had to start things all over today (without giving away all of the secret sauce, but perhaps some) what would you do differently?

If this is somehow against the rules and/or has already been answered thoroughly for 2023 please feel free to take it down.
I am the 4 figure guy but since you are asking that question I assume you are at a point where I can give you advice.
I am also 18, if you worry about my low numbers.

For 500€ you can learn all the Skills you could ever want on Udemy and then also have lots left over to pay random business expenses like webhosting, domains, buying equipment and legal registration. I started my business with about 200€ and let me say, its so much better than starting with nothing.

I currently have about 6.5k and 200 a month in income. I have a "oh shit" savings account of about 4k. That is great since now, when moving out or doing stuff I dont have to worry about going truly broke or being unable to pay something important.
1k is in my active bank account and moves up and down, depending on what I am doing. Generally I am investing in increasing my value right now. 1k is in cash in a pink piggy so I always have cash. 500 is in crypto because I want to experience a volitaile market when it doesnt matter, so I have more resolve when I eventually have real money invested.

There is no real "investment" for that money that will change your life in 2023. If you have 5k laying around, make it your emergency fund and act like you have 500 laying around.
Again, use that money for whatever it needs to be used for. No 497€ course will bring you more value than the ability to pay random bills and fees that come with starting a business. For example a ad budget of 250€ lets you try loads of 5€ a day campaings...

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
I am the 4 figure guy but since you are asking that question I assume you are at a point where I can give you advice.
I am also 18, if you worry about my low numbers.

For 500€ you can learn all the Skills you could ever want on Udemy and then also have lots left over to pay random business expenses like webhosting, domains, buying equipment and legal registration. I started my business with about 200€ and let me say, its so much better than starting with nothing.

I currently have about 6.5k and 200 a month in income. I have a "oh shit" savings account of about 4k. That is great since now, when moving out or doing stuff I dont have to worry about going truly broke or being unable to pay something important.
1k is in my active bank account and moves up and down, depending on what I am doing. Generally I am investing in increasing my value right now. 1k is in cash in a pink piggy so I always have cash. 500 is in crypto because I want to experience a volitaile market when it doesnt matter, so I have more resolve when I eventually have real money invested.

There is no real "investment" for that money that will change your life in 2023. If you have 5k laying around, make it your emergency fund and act like you have 500 laying around.
Again, use that money for whatever it needs to be used for. No 497€ course will bring you more value than the ability to pay random bills and fees that come with starting a business. For example a ad budget of 250€ lets you try loads of 5€ a day campaings...
Solid thoughts sir - thanks for sharing!

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
This is also fantastic thank you for pointing me in this direction.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
There are only 2 things you can sell: a product or a service. So pick one of those.

Then you need a consistent, reliable way to generate new sales and provide your product and/or service.

A sales process.

A delivery process.

This might sound oversimplistic but the only reason people fail to hit 7-figures is they don't have a reliable way to generate sales -- even if it's not really efficient.

Some people cold call. Some people knock on doors. Some people email. Some people run ads. Some people go to business expos. Some people skim Facebook groups and harass people in DMs... there's a million ways and while it's not the most EFFICIENT way to do it -- if you figure it out, and just do that every day, you'll make sales.

Back in the day, I knew that if I made 200 cold calls a day, I'd set 2 appointments. And most of those appointments turned into a sale. It sucked. It was brutal. I made a bunch of money... but it was reliable.

I could explain sales processes in all my companies but that would take forever... how about you just tell us what you're gonna sell first? Then we can come up with an effective way for you to sell it every day!

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
640%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ

All of our businesses were started with investments in that price ballpark (until they self funded them selves). Some went on to make 6 figures. Some ended up being 8 figure businesses. Yet several went dead into the ground.

We primarily used physical products / goods, tested the market quickly, and scaled up if there was promise there. Throughout the years used a combination of eBay, Amazon, Google Ads in combination with Shopify, and other platforms to distribute our products. There is still tons of opportunity for the taking out there (although competition and barrier to entry might have changed in quite a few of online fields)!!

Check out some of these threads to get you started ..

Is Ecom still alive
Idea Generation Thread

Good Luck and please follow up with additional questions!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.