The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hey Fellow Fastlane Parents Out There!

boatmama

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Apr 30, 2024
Hi Everyone, I’m 28 and just had my first baby in February 2023. I’m a university drop out and up until recently felt satisfied with my job serving tables at high end restaurants. In my naive youth, I thought to escape the rat race was to just avoid it, so my husband and I spent a lot of our time thus far (and money), backpacking, traveling, living in a van and now on a boat in BC, Canada. However, since having my son, It’s been so disheartening raising him practically on my own, while my husband works a 40 hour job for someone else that doesn’t serve him or our family. He does not want to miss out on our son’s life, and I also don’t want him too! So here I am, we are both studying and reading, and joining the fastlane. We have been very careful to not accumulate any debt and to live within our means, but it’s time to forge ahead and get off the side walk. One thing that I read that interested me in the Millionaire Fastlane is to surround yourself with people on the same wavelength as you, which I’ve realized is not who is in my direct community at all. I am surrounded by people who do not value their time and I want to change that. I’d love to meet some people here. Motherhood is a unique club as it is, and it would be so wonderful to meet other Mothers who are out here who have similar Fastlane goals. So, hello!! I’d really like to hear from you :) How is having children affecting your journey? Or have you any helpful advice to share about bumps in the road so far?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paydette

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 14, 2021
mom of 3... my kids are one of the "fun things" that motivates me to make a lot of money - so i can spend time with them.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 27, 2024
Mum of 3 and expecting 4th soon. Also dropped out of college and was working for a small tech startup before I had my kids which made me realise that I wanted to become an entrepreneur myself.

But have been so busy raising kids last 8 years and there was not much time for me to focus on starting a business as I was doing majority of it alone whilst husband worked long hours.

However my husbands was forced out of his job and now is a part time student so we are thinking this is best time for us to try and get fast lane dreams kick started.

I really don’t know where to start but I’m always reading, watching and listening to business podcasts and obsessively reading posts on this forum since I discovered the book and community a week ago.

It would be nice to see how other parents are juggling this and to follow their journeys too.

Sofiawicz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 25, 2023
Hi there!

Mother to two - on the forum since the second was born, six months ago. I’ll be returning to work this Friday (if the little one gets healthy again until then :)).

Up until one month back I was considering acquisition entrepreneurship. I had found one really nice opportunity but had to let it go due to the fact that we were constantly sick this winter. I told the owners down, afraid to waste their time as I was postponing all appointments because one of the children or I was sick.

I do have a business ideas table and am currently pursuing one (actually working on the website to test it - since I am absolutely not proficient with it, it is taking ages) but I am afraid of myself and my willingness to continue once I will be working again...

My children are my number one motivation - my vision would be to be able to take off whenever they are off (that's around 12 weeks per year over here) to travel around and discover the world with them. That is the 7+ years plan though...

@boatmama: nice pseudo :)

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Jan 14, 2023
Hi Everyone, I’m 28 and just had my first baby in February 2023. I’m a university drop out and up until recently felt satisfied with my job serving tables at high end restaurants. In my naive youth, I thought to escape the rat race was to just avoid it, so my husband and I spent a lot of our time thus far (and money), backpacking, traveling, living in a van and now on a boat in BC, Canada. However, since having my son, It’s been so disheartening raising him practically on my own, while my husband works a 40 hour job for someone else that doesn’t serve him or our family. He does not want to miss out on our son’s life, and I also don’t want him too! So here I am, we are both studying and reading, and joining the fastlane. We have been very careful to not accumulate any debt and to live within our means, but it’s time to forge ahead and get off the side walk. One thing that I read that interested me in the Millionaire Fastlane is to surround yourself with people on the same wavelength as you, which I’ve realized is not who is in my direct community at all. I am surrounded by people who do not value their time and I want to change that. I’d love to meet some people here. Motherhood is a unique club as it is, and it would be so wonderful to meet other Mothers who are out here who have similar Fastlane goals. So, hello!! I’d really like to hear from you :) How is having children affecting your journey? Or have you any helpful advice to share about bumps in the road so far?
Mum of seven here: adopted twins, and five biological( c-section).
For the past sixteen years, I was comfortable in my misery as a secondary school teacher. My hubby is also a teacher.C0VlD-19 happened and taught us the beauty of life without a boss and we had fun being with the kids 24/7. I learnt a tonne about their character, temperament, and talents. I regretted a job that made me leave them in the hands of maids.

I then went on a mad search for an alternative life that would allow me to help my children raise theirs in future without the tyranny of maids. I am nowhere near the fast lane, but I at least know what lane I am on, which is the first step towards changing gears.

I have a business venture that is in its infancy, and I am sure my kids are on the road to knowing a better life than if I stuck to "teacher mama" as my designation.
One of the twins has completed her nursing course, while the sister is going to the final year of her Agri-processing engineering course. Because the future holds promise for us, we have sent our 17-year-old son to one of the best A- level schools in the country.

So, motherhood is the ultimate sacrifice, and if business is what will give me the liberty to be the most available and provident mum for my kids, I am ready to make it my life.
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the birth of your son. Please, savour those moments of angelic quiet before he turns into a screaming machine( from a 5 - time mama.)

Sofiawicz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 25, 2023
Mum of seven here: adopted twins, and five biological( c-section).
Oh my - out of total curiosity: may I ask when you decided to adopt the twins ? Before, in the middle or after getting your five biological children ? I understand they are a little older than the others ? Either way: well done, I am sure your house is filled with a lovely and joyful chaos :) I love that!

As to the 'ultimate sacrifice': I personally like to remind myself that motherhood (or parenthood, for that matter) is also producing and not only consuming. Yes, we are consuming a lot of material goods (let's start with diapers...) but in the whole consumer / producer discussion, let's not forget that these are human beings we are bringing to the universe. So trying to do a good job and making them be good people is already quite a project in itself. It helps me when I get frustrated about the lack of time / strength or need for flexibility in my day to day life.

Also: I would like to show them that it is possible to live differently than with a 9-5 job, opening their perspective in going this way if they want to.

Awakened2022

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Jan 14, 2023
Oh my - out of total curiosity: may I ask when you decided to adopt the twins ? Before, in the middle or after getting your five biological children ? I understand they are a little older than the others ? Either way: well done, I am sure your house is filled with a lovely and joyful chaos :) I love that!
They are my hubby's nieces whose father is joined at the hip with the bottle. Originally we wanted one, but they told us twins shouldn't be separated and we had to take both bundles. They came to our home when we had just our firstborn. They were 7 years old and at risk of never completing their education.

The age difference between the twins and the young ones ensures some sanity in the home. Also, they are like little aunts to my youngest two.
You are right. My home is at its merriest during holidays and I get to play Queen Mama. They do all the chores and jokingly call me an old woman.

We didn't officially adopt the girls, but we are responsible for their upbringing. They get to visit their home, but the dad cannot allow them to stay for more than two days.

I am also doing my best to expose all of them to the virtue of hard work and being responsible. As of now, for instance, I'm in the village overseeing the harvesting of beans, and they are in town with their dad who is running the store.

I can assure you if it weren't for the c-section, my target was eight kids( I will get one more to support when I become rich).

I challenge whoever is struggling with motivation to take a child under their wing, and they will have a big enough WHY.

To take my daughters to the best schools in the country, to be with them during their hospital stays when the time comes, to have a big enough house for all the grandkids to visit, to afford gifts for all of them, to have the time to tend to my aging mother and mother -in -law: the fast lane is a do or die for me.

Sofiawicz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Nov 25, 2023
I see then it is a more of an event related situation rather than a decision from your side. I am sorry to hear about the dad of the twins, that is not easy to deal with. They are lucky to have you !
I can assure you if it weren't for the c-section, my target was eight kids( I will get one more to support when I become rich).
Yes, c-sections are not easy - I have one c-section and one natural birth. After the natural birth I felt so much better, difficult to explain in words !
I challenge whoever is struggling with motivation to take a child under their wing, and they will have a big enough WHY.
+1, it helped me a lot too - also to understand the worth of time...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...