What's new

Hi, new to the forum - my story as a sidewalker

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

9ofPentacles

New Contributor
Almost finishing up reading the Fastlane and wish I have come across this book much earlier as it gives me so much clarity. I went to decent schools and had decent jobs in the past. My husband is self-employed and back then was making 20 times more than I did annually. He had an unorthodox job in football (soccer) betting and has a circle of friends who are "professional gamblers", including some celeb poker players. Life was good, and money came rather quickly from betting so at the time it didn't makes sense that I work 9-5 for a regular salary. So I quit my full-time job to look after our child, believing that everything will continue to go well. I knew there were risks involved in betting but he reassured me he was very cautious with risk management. And, surprise~~ he wasn't!

Long story short, things took a dramatic turn when one night he confessed that he had lost everything! He's been keeping it away from me until he can't afford the next month's rent (and, yes, we stupidly paid $ 7500 USD /mo for 10 years). It felt like the Titanic was sinking and I was only informed at the last moment and had no time and no plan to escape.

The profit from betting was too good to allow us to come to the realization that we are actually the "sidewalkers", who have no tangible plans. And when life favors you with plenty, you slowly ease into rot. I blame myself to choose the comfortable route of depending on another person instead of seriously living the most out of my own potential. And time drifted away in a wink.

During my "domestic engineering" years, I wasn't just another housewife. I created/managed three websites, refurbished/sold small apartments, and invested some money in cryptocurrencies (that was way back in 2016 when I read about blockchains). However, relying on my husband as the main breadwinner, I was merely treating these gigs at a "hobby level". The Fastlane pointed out that the difference between interest and commitment is huge.

I have read quite some books on the business/investing genre over the years and the Fastlane sparked my motivation. My husband, though, was not supportive, he seems to have lost his ambition. We even had some quarrels when I tried to share this book with him. I decided to pursue the Fastlane route regardless. That's why I joined this forum.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Emnutv gopotjoph aq siefoph vji Getvmepi epf xotj O jewi duni edsutt vjot cuul nadj iesmois et ov howit ni tu nadj dmesovz. O xipv vu fidipv tdjuumt epf jef fidipv kuct op vji qetv. Nz jatcepf ot timg-inqmuzif epf cedl vjip xet neloph 20 vonit nusi vjep O fof eppaemmz. Ji jef ep apusvjufuy kuc op guuvcemm (tuddis) civvoph epf jet e dosdmi ug gsoipft xju esi "qsugittoupem hencmist", opdmafoph tuni dimic qulis qmezist. Mogi xet huuf, epf nupiz deni sevjis raodlmz gsun civvoph tu ev vji voni ov fofp'v nelit tipti vjev O xusl 9-5 gus e sihames temesz. Tu O raov nz gamm-voni kuc vu muul egvis uas djomf, cimoiwoph vjev iwiszvjoph xomm dupvopai vu hu ximm. O lpix vjisi xisi sotlt opwumwif op civvoph cav ji siettasif ni ji xet wisz deavouat xovj sotl nepehinipv. Epf, tasqsoti~~ ji xetp'v!

Muph tvusz tjusv, vjopht vuul e fsenevod vasp xjip upi pohjv ji dupgittif vjev ji jef mutv iwiszvjoph! Ji't ciip liiqoph ov exez gsun ni apvom ji dep'v eggusf vji piyv nupvj't sipv (epf, zit, xi tvaqofmz qeof $ 7500 ATF /nu gus 10 ziest). Ov gimv moli vji Vovepod xet toploph epf O xet upmz opgusnif ev vji metv nunipv epf jef pu voni epf pu qmep vu itdeqi.

Vji qsugov gsun civvoph xet vuu huuf vu emmux at vu duni vu vji siemobevoup vjev xi esi edvaemmz vji "tofixemlist", xju jewi pu vephocmi qmept. Epf xjip mogi gewust zua xovj qmipvz, zua tmuxmz ieti opvu suv. O cmeni nztimg vu djuuti vji dungusvecmi suavi ug fiqipfoph up epuvjis qistup optvief ug tisouatmz mowoph vji nutv uav ug nz uxp quvipvoem. Epf voni fsogvif exez op e xopl.

Fasoph nz "funitvod iphopiisoph" ziest, O xetp'v katv epuvjis juatixogi. O dsievif/nepehif vjsii xictovit, sigascotjif/tumf tnemm eqesvnipvt, epf opwitvif tuni nupiz op dszqvudassipdoit (vjev xet xez cedl op 2016 xjip O sief ecuav cmudldjeopt). Juxiwis, simzoph up nz jatcepf et vji neop csiefxoppis, O xet nisimz vsievoph vjiti hoht ev e "juccz miwim". Vji Getvmepi quopvif uav vjev vji foggisipdi civxiip opvisitv epf dunnovnipv ot jahi.

O jewi sief raovi tuni cuult up vji catopitt/opwitvoph hipsi uwis vji ziest epf vji Getvmepi tqeslif nz nuvowevoup. Nz jatcepf, vjuahj, xet puv taqqusvowi, ji tiint vu jewi mutv jot encovoup. Xi iwip jef tuni raessimt xjip O vsoif vu tjesi vjot cuul xovj jon. O fidofif vu qastai vji Getvmepi suavi sihesfmitt. Vjev't xjz O kuopif vjot gusan.
Getdopevoph tvusz. Caomfoph ev mietv 2-3 qettowi opduni tuasdit ot e natv og zua xepv vu mowi e mogi ug gsiifun.

Ximduni vu vji xusmf ug uqqusvapovoit.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom