The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi there

haiarha

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 25, 2024
I'm a 31-year-old male who is married but has no kids. I’m a university dropout, but after a few years of dead-end and low-paid jobs and some problems with my health, I've succeeded in self-studying web programming, getting experience, getting healthier, getting a wife, and moving to another country.

After I reread the latter, it looks pretty much like a success story if you compare it to many of my peers from my past. But it took some effort to break out from the general consensus of my surroundings, and I can't say I had any like-minded people around or close friends. And at the same time, I'm still trading my time for money.

Some time ago, I was fascinated with the idea of financial independence, thinking it would only be possible to achieve it with some starting points or luck or by working for 40 years.
Later I found out about the FIRE movement, which seemed to be working on paper to some extent but required a person to work his a$$ off (usually trading time for money), save everything to have very limited success and cut down the desired retirement only by a decade or two if the market favours. Finally, I saw a video about the TMF book on YouTube that blew my mind!

To be honest, if not for the YT video overview of the TMF book, my guard wouldn't allow me to keep reading the book after the first chapters where it seemed like a picturing fast (now I know fast doesn't mean easy) success to upsell something afterwards. But this book opened my eyes to many obvious things I didn't see before. Now, I'm taking my course to make a difference.

My biggest challenge is to start producing, as consuming is so comfortable and easy. When you read or watch financial or self-development information, you feel like you're growing (while you are not) and then wasting your time rewatching things you already know, but did nothing about it, to feel better about knowing "so much" and being "so smart". Producing for me feels like pain and a threat of failure and criticism. My pattern on the internet is usually to consume only, silently, without expressing anything.

But you can't build anything, especially a money-making machine if you aren't a producer. That's why I forced myself to write this text. And I hope it will inspire someone reading this to start the action, write something, build something as I intended.

Thanks for your attention if you read this far. See you in future posts!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard.

And welcome to the red pill of a blue pill culture.

And yes, wasting 30, 40-50 years of your adult life so you can retire in the last 10 is the dumbest idea that culture every normalized. Deep in our souls we know this, but like many things, we ignore it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...