- Joined
- Dec 8, 2023
- Messages
- 93
Rep Bank
$355
$355
User Power: 53%
So I recently made posts here some months ago about my business idea of a protein subscription box. I've since scrapped that after 6 months of working to make the box. In the comments of that post, a user recommended that I try out Pat Flynn's "Will it Fly?" book (a great book). After reading the book, I have learned much and reworked my new idea.
A mass gainer protein powder in non-traditional flavors.
Most mass gainer protein powders come in traditional flavors like chocolate, vanilla, etc... Well, there's lots of room for improvement in these supplements, including flavors, texture, ingredients, etc... I know there 100% is a market for this. Targeting people looking to gain weight and build muscle.
My first real-person validation method went like this: I went to my college campus during peak gym hours and asked anyone I could leave the gym if they had time to listen to my idea. I asked questions like:
1. Are you currently looking to gain weight?
2. Have you consumed/currently consume mass gainer protein powders?
3. If so, what about those mass gainers frustrated you?
4. If you could have a mass gainer protein powder be any flavor, what one flavor would you choose?
5. If you could ever see yourself in the market for that exact product with the flavor you just told me, would you be open to adding your email to this list?
Results after 1 hour: (I had class and a busy schedule today)
Approaches: 21
Conversations: 16
Emails: 5
Only 5 people saw themselves interested enough to leave a name and email. The plan was to get a big list of emails to later pitch a pre-order with a refund guarantee if the idea didn't work out and be completely transparent about my plans.
Should I go back another day and get more feedback and contacts at the gym? I'm worried only 5 emails is nowhere near enough to validate to the extent I want.
I appreciate all help and tips, if any!
A mass gainer protein powder in non-traditional flavors.
Most mass gainer protein powders come in traditional flavors like chocolate, vanilla, etc... Well, there's lots of room for improvement in these supplements, including flavors, texture, ingredients, etc... I know there 100% is a market for this. Targeting people looking to gain weight and build muscle.
My first real-person validation method went like this: I went to my college campus during peak gym hours and asked anyone I could leave the gym if they had time to listen to my idea. I asked questions like:
1. Are you currently looking to gain weight?
2. Have you consumed/currently consume mass gainer protein powders?
3. If so, what about those mass gainers frustrated you?
4. If you could have a mass gainer protein powder be any flavor, what one flavor would you choose?
5. If you could ever see yourself in the market for that exact product with the flavor you just told me, would you be open to adding your email to this list?
Results after 1 hour: (I had class and a busy schedule today)
Approaches: 21
Conversations: 16
Emails: 5
Only 5 people saw themselves interested enough to leave a name and email. The plan was to get a big list of emails to later pitch a pre-order with a refund guarantee if the idea didn't work out and be completely transparent about my plans.
Should I go back another day and get more feedback and contacts at the gym? I'm worried only 5 emails is nowhere near enough to validate to the extent I want.
I appreciate all help and tips, if any!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
