The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

how billionaires have fun

sheeky

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
This seemed like an appropriate place to share this. For the people who literally have everything, here is a list of things that only a billionaire could do for fun. My personal favorite so far is 'Win a Random (mandatory) Vaccation'

Your link was removed. It was reported as spam. You were warned several times to read the forum rules. I do hope you read the rules and continue to hang around. Runum

http://www.thefastlanetomillions.com/introductions-networking/2-hello-welcome-forum-info-here.html

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
so...11 posts in and now you start promoting your stuff? My take would be that you have not been here long enough nor contributed enough to do so, but I guess that is up to the mods.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Oooh what did I miss?

:cool: He slipped in a hot link to another website right after all your warnings and being nice to him. I kinda feel bad for Sparlin. He had the guy staked out all day long and then Newbie slipped in and beat him to the punch AFTER the link was posted. Sorry Sparlin, congrats Newbie. :cheers:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Anyone here want to give Sparlin an extra credit spam cop point?

Just 'cause Newbie got the first shot in, doesn't change the fact that Sparlin had him in his sights all day long-- and warned others about this good fer nuthin' desperado.

Good riddance, Creepy! I mean Sheeky! :)

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Oops-- looks like Sheeky is still around.

Runum is too nice.

Buh-bye soon, Sheeky (I'd love for you to prove me wrong, tho')

-Russ H.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Sheeky, here is the issue. You signed up for this forum, and then you started blasting short posts everywhere. You would probably have 15 or 20 by now had PhxMJ not deleted some of them.

You used tactics very common to spammers which try to use this forum for the sole purpose of marketing, not contributing. This really is a community based forum. We are suspicious of any new people until they prove their intent.

What I've gathered from you so far is that you are very confident in yourself, and you've offered your services to people interested in radio advertising. Why don't you clarify this for us, "What do you hope to gain from being here?" You are welcome here, so long as you don’t abuse the hospitality you've been shown.

sheeky

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
and actually, I was only warned once, not several times. Perhaps, as people trying to ride the fast lane to millions, your time would be better spent in actual work rather than watching a forum around the clock. Just saying...

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
The fact that you only saw one warning, doesn't negate the fact that they were posted. As for your defense,
"better to work than watch the forum", I think this shows how much you don't know about this forum.

Many of the participants here are already extremely successful, and don't need to work. Apart from that, they can multitask and check on this while accomplishing other goals. If you would take the time to read more, you would see some great examples of what can be done with a different mindset.

So let's start this over. Now that you know the ground rules here, Welcome to the Fastlane.:fastlane:

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
yup, still here. So, a relevant link meant for HUMOR in the HUMOR section of the forum is spam?

Wow

what makes things even worse than your spamming is that it was not funny. At least if you are going to attempt to humor spam me, make it worth my time to read it. That was just painful.

sheeky

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
No, it's funny, but you do you have to have a sense of humor to appreciate it. It's ok, not everyone does. Let me guess, you own the complete series of Rosanne?

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
Sheeky, if your original intent was not to spam, then I apologize. You do understand why we would think so, right? Let's move this conversation forward some. What has your experience been in business as it applies to the fastlane? What do you hope to achieve in the future? Did you really use a Roseanne reference :pullhair:(jk)?

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
No, it's funny, but you do you have to have a sense of humor to appreciate it. It's ok, not everyone does. Let me guess, you own the complete series of Rosanne?

no it is not. I would have found your post humorous between the ages of 8-14. Now it is just not funny. Sorry if the truth hurts, maybe give up your career as a humorist and get a job as a spammer, you seem to be better at that.

sheeky

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
well I'll be honest, I'm not sure about the fast lane. I only speak from the appearance of it, but to me it looks to make the same claims as 100 other books. I'm not necisarily interested in making millions, but I am in being smart with money. Like Dave Ramsey's stuff.

Sparlin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 23, 2009
Wichita, Kansas
I'll let MJ and others address content and philosophy when compared to other books, but I do think there are valuable lessons to be learned here. I agree with your premise that money in and of itself is not the measure of success. Given a chance, I think you'll find that the driving principle behind the fastlane is that of using your time as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Going to the classic example of chopping down a large tree, a person has to be wise in how he chooses to attempt this. One who uses a sledge hammer may eventually cut it down, but guy who uses a stick of dynamite is the one that exerts the least amount of effort. Regardless of your end goal, the fastlane is meant to help you determine your path to achieve it; and then do so as quickly as possible.

:smx4: vs. :fireworks:

Holy Crap: I sound like a cult disciple. What have you guys done to me? :eek:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
well I'll be honest, I'm not sure about the fast lane. I only speak from the appearance of it, but to me it looks to make the same claims as 100 other books. I'm not necisarily interested in making millions, but I am in being smart with money. Like Dave Ramsey's stuff.

I think most of us around here agree with being smart with money. However, that statement is ambiguous. What is smart for you may not be smart for me. Ramsey has a good message and I have listened frequently. I do believe Ramsey's message is for the masses that are having trouble in their financial lives. I think most of us here have grown past Ramsey's message and are on to bigger and better things.

If you are more of a Ramsey fan than a Fastlane fan then move on. There are plenty of forums that support steady job, steady income, save for retirement, get the gold watch when you're 60+. Not the message here. Good luck sheeky.:smx19:

sheeky

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
Runum, bigger and better things is just as ambiguous. That also varys person to person. And being smart with your money is universal, that does not change person to person. There are many aspects that are smart regardless if you are living paycheck to paycheck, or flaunting yourself around on a yacht. The ability to use money differently does not change what is smart, just changes what you are capable of doing. Sure, you can light your cuban cigar with a $100 bill, doesn't mean it's smart.

I'm just saying, I look at money issues the same was as weight issues. Like 'get rich quick' thinking, there are a ton of 'get thin quick' solutions, which are not solutions at all. Everyone knows how to lose weight, but no one wants to do it, they want something easier, faster. Does that mean people who actually excersice and diet correctly are settling for some lower level because they COULD be getting the surgery or taking the pills? No, it means they learn more in the process about doing it right.

sheeky

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
kurt-I see, so you're more of a wayans brothers fan. Dance flick more up your alley? No, no, wait, Two and a Half Men, am I right? It's ok, not everyone gets it. You would probably enjoy Marmaduke, check the local paper.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
kurt-I see, so you're more of a wayans brothers fan. Dance flick more up your alley? No, no, wait, Two and a Half Men, am I right? It's ok, not everyone gets it. You would probably enjoy Marmaduke, check the local paper.

I don't think I've ever seen "my humor is bigger than your humor" insults before.

Well done, you made me laugh. To the loser of this war of insults, I've just registered HumorEnlargement.com and invented a new industry of pseudo supplements. ;)

sheeky

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
Jon- I like it. 'Is your partner not satisfied with your sense of humor? Do you find yourself laughing at shows exactly when a laugh track prompts you to?'

You could use kurt for a testimonial.

If he's lucky, his humor WILL last up to 4 hours.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
"make sure you consult a doctor, if your sense of humor lasts more than 32 hours"

possible side effects include chucking at witty reparte on the shopping channel and laughing out loud at the funeral of a close relative...

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Runum, bigger and better things is just as ambiguous. That also varys person to person. And being smart with your money is universal, that does not change person to person. There are many aspects that are smart regardless if you are living paycheck to paycheck, or flaunting yourself around on a yacht. The ability to use money differently does not change what is smart, just changes what you are capable of doing. Sure, you can light your cuban cigar with a $100 bill, doesn't mean it's smart.

I'm just saying, I look at money issues the same was as weight issues. Like 'get rich quick' thinking, there are a ton of 'get thin quick' solutions, which are not solutions at all. Everyone knows how to lose weight, but no one wants to do it, they want something easier, faster. Does that mean people who actually excersice and diet correctly are settling for some lower level because they COULD be getting the surgery or taking the pills? No, it means they learn more in the process about doing it right.

Again, if we are not your cup of tea, don't let the door hit you in the butt. Your failures or lack of abilities are no reflection of me or this forum. I'm too busy to manage your childlike attitude. Adios. :smx19:

sheeky

Banned
Jul 29, 2009
ah, gotcha. You're one of those elitist places that only allows sheeple that agree with you. I hear ya, it sure is easy to feel important that way.

Reason doesn't work for everyone, nor does humor.

If my thoughts are no reflection of you or the forum, why bother mentioning it? You only draw more attention. Seems counterproductive. I could do some consulting for you if you like. Freebie: I suggest not being wound so tight, not great for your health.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sheeky, goodbye. You're done.

I found it ironic that in your intro post, several people politely asked you about yourself -- you ignored them and instead chose to disrespect several members here on this thread. 19 posts and not one thing has been said that is contributory. No speed either. Go figure.

The sheeple don't wish to fight an immovable brick wall. Goodbye and good luck.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
ah, gotcha. You're one of those elitist places that only allows sheeple that agree with you. I hear ya, it sure is easy to feel important that way.

Reason doesn't work for everyone, nor does humor.

If my thoughts are no reflection of you or the forum, why bother mentioning it? You only draw more attention. Seems counterproductive. I could do some consulting for you if you like. Freebie: I suggest not being wound so tight, not great for your health.

Sheeky, the Fastlane to Millions is not an elitist place. If it cost you $1000 to register then yes. But no, this site is created for people in search of the fastlane and those who have already reached the Fastlane. We all gave warning signs and you made a choice (a fastlane virtue BTW) to not listen. And for the actions that a person takes always comes an outcome.

Good luck with whatever you encounter in life. Just don't burn bridges before you build them.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas

I know sheeky has been banned but I still feel like this needs to be addressed.

I do agree that the concept of being smart with your money is a universal statement but I disagree that the act of being smart with your money is universal.

Sheeky cited Dave Ramsey as the person he identified with. Ramsey's philosophy, so far as I have heard it, is very clear. Most people come to him in dire straights and need financial remediation. Dave always tells them 1) Beans & rice, minimum life sustenance; 2) $1000 emergency fund; 3) attack debts with a vengeance smallest to largest; 4) 3-6 months emergency fund; 5) fully funded IRA's ... Dave's advice is not ambiguous. However, Dave does not usually go into the "what's next" phase.

What if my debt is under control and a fraction of my net worth? What if my debt actually makes me money and I can pay it off at any time? I would be wasting my time by continuing to follow Dave's advice.

Sheeky is correct, "bigger and better things" is ambiguous. I left it that way on purpose. The "what's next" phase is wide and varied, or ambiguous. Many new members join our forum and ask the question "What method of investing will make me rich the fastest?" The answer is all of them or non of them, ambiguous. Can I make more money in stocks, Forex, real estate, internet, or commodities? Could be, again ambiguous.

The reason for the ambiguity is that many people have done well with each of those vehicles or tools. Conversely, people have also lost money in each of those.

We do not have all the answers, that is why we are here. We all learn from each other. If you come in to this forum with the right attitude you may find the missing pieces to your puzzle. You may also provide the missing pieces to someone else's puzzle. That is the power of the community.

We do not proclaim to be guru's or be able to tell you the details of how to manage your individual situation. We are here to learn, share, celebrate, and ASSIST in your journey. We will not do your work for you, nor will we waste our time in useless debate. Most of us are busy working on our own plans and do not choose to burn our time arguing with someone that just wants to argue.

I do welcome new members and have spent many hours of my time helping many people on the forum. I have also been helped by many of the members on this forum and will be forever in their debt.

I wish all the people, registered members or lurkers, would be able to find a community that is helpful to each other as this one is. I also wish they all had the opportunity to experience the power of a mastermind group. I wish all who are reading this much success and prosperity.

Peace out.:fastlane:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.