The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I connect the form on my Website to a database and then a crm ?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I decided to not build a website with all the easy tools and instead choose to use a html template and work with that.
Mind you I don't know shit about code.

Now it looks fine and all the link and buttons work, except for the important contact/lead form.
You can enter information into it but when you click submit nothing happens. This is because there is no connection to a database.

The outcome I am looking for is that someone fills out the form, clicks submit and then his info appears somewhere else.

I tried to do this with chatgpt but that didn't work.
Do you guys have resources I can look at for this problem or is it simple enough that you'd be willing to explain it here?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
635%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Get hubspot and embed a hubspot form. Easiest way.

You can use make.com or zapier to put your submissions into a google sheets page, BUT you can export customer data anytime from hubspot so there’s no point other than backing up data.

Nightwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Mar 15, 2023
I decided to not build a website with all the easy tools and instead choose to use a html template and work with that.
Mind you I don't know shit about code.

Now it looks fine and all the link and buttons work, except for the important contact/lead form.
You can enter information into it but when you click submit nothing happens. This is because there is no connection to a database.

The outcome I am looking for is that someone fills out the form, clicks submit and then his info appears somewhere else.

I tried to do this with chatgpt but that didn't work.
Do you guys have resources I can look at for this problem or is it simple enough that you'd be willing to explain it here?
Basic backend with mongoDB should be able to do this. You can create a seperate "secret" page into ur website where you can find all the data from the form submission.
get @Nightwolf to build you one for free
Or this.

And hubspot is also a good choice without much complications which Johny suggested.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.