The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I decide if I should emigrate and if yes, which country?

Europe19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2023
Germany/ Bavaria
Hello,

from Time to Time I sometimes think about emigrating to another country. For my plans it's important that I get lots of money (only possible through starting a company and getting high market cap so I have lots of money as shares or in other words just making into a big company because I want billions).

Now, im 16 (from Germany) and can conveniently decide what to do in future but there are so many (good) possible choices. I know many of you would say: USA. The only way to get there is to invest there with half a million dollars or with the green card lottery(luck-based) whose both are for me now impossible. I considered to stay here in Germany but I am uncertain about the future of the country and don't think billion dollar startups are here comparable possible and easy as in the usa.

Germany is following to the statistics 4.place at "most unicorns"(start ups worth more than 1 billion) but the us has 750 compared to 46 in Germany (china is second and India third). But is this the most important thing to consider if migrating with that plan?

Any Help is appreciated especially from someone who had some kinda same situation like me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello,

from Time to Time I sometimes think about emigrating to another country. For my plans it's important that I get lots of money (only possible through starting a company and getting high market cap so I have lots of money as shares or in other words just making into a big company because I want billions).

Now, im 16 (from Germany) and can conveniently decide what to do in future but there are so many (good) possible choices. I know many of you would say: USA. The only way to get there is to invest there with half a million dollars or with the green card lottery(luck-based) whose both are for me now impossible. I considered to stay here in Germany but I am uncertain about the future of the country and don't think billion dollar startups are here comparable possible and easy as in the usa.

Germany is following to the statistics 4.place at "most unicorns"(start ups worth more than 1 billion) but the us has 750 compared to 46 in Germany (china is second and India third). But is this the most important thing to consider if migrating with that plan?

Any Help is appreciated especially from someone who had some kinda same situation like me.
Slow way: Apply to study there for STEM degree. Then find a job that sponsors your work visa. Start working on SAT and other prep material now. You need a decent amount of money to support yourself while you are studying overseas too.

Faster way: Find a dating App that can passport your profile to Bay area. Date people 2-3x your age. You just need air ticket and other dating expense. Of course this is a joke.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Start a business in Germany, make your first million there, and then you can decide whether you want to take your skills and experience elsewhere. If you're uncertain about the future of Germany, take a look at what people say about the future of the US lol.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Lol what?

You are not even in the situation you're describing here.

This is a hypothetical scenario you've made up in your head.

You don't have any real money, you don't own a company, you don't run any business. And yet, here we are talking about asset management and the unpredictable future of Europe.

You're putting the cart 10 miles before the horse.

Stop thinking and start working.

Become competent and successful, and you'll be able to move anywhere you want, if and when the situation actually requires it.

"Easier to start a billion-dollar startup in the US" is a fairytale and not a logical argument.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
Germany is not one of the worst places to build a multi-million business in, likely among the few dozen best.

Get real - you are 16, you have no business, so likely little money but you're worrying about which country is the most optimal for building a business worth billions? Make a million first where you're at right now (so many worse places to be), or make at least a 1000 from your business and then this conversation might have some purpose.

Europe19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2023
Germany/ Bavaria
Lol what?

You are not even in the situation you're describing here.

This is a hypothetical scenario you've made up in your head.

You don't have any real money, you don't own a company, you don't run any business. And yet, here we are talking about asset management and the unpredictable future of Europe.

You're putting the cart 10 miles before the horse.

Stop thinking and start working.

Become competent and successful, and you'll be able to move anywhere you want, if and when the situation actually requires it.

"Easier to start a billion-dollar startup in the US" is a fairytale and not a logical argument.
The Problem is just that Europe has other laws than in the US, starting a company requires (here in Germany) to be 18 years old but I'm 16. As soon as I got 18 I will start my journey and take action. I know that you would still say that I should start now but it's just not legal.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
As soon as I got 18 I will start my journey and take action.
And what are you going to do until then?

Play video games and watch YouTube?

I know that you would still say that I should start now but it's just not legal.
Does the law mandate that you are 18 before:
  • You talk to other people?
  • You understand the market?
  • You build your skillset?
  • You become disciplined and learn to execute?
  • You become an expert in your field?

Not only that you've put the cart before the horse, but now you're making all sorts of excuses as to why you can't do what you want to do.

And worse of all, you're blaming everything on external circumstances that are out of your control - a very dangerous habit to get into, if you want to become a successful entrepreneur.

If you've started this thread expecting us to confirm your biases and prejudices, you're out of luck.

Get to work.

Europe19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2023
Germany/ Bavaria
And what are you going to do until then?

Play video games and watch YouTube?

Does the law mandate that you are 18 before:
  • You talk to other people?
  • You understand the market?
  • You build your skillset?
  • You become disciplined and learn to execute?
  • You become an expert in your field?

Not only that you've put the cart before the horse, but now you're making all sorts of excuses as to why you can't do what you want to do.

And worse of all, you're blaming everything on external circumstances that are out of your control - a very dangerous habit to get into, if you want to become a successful entrepreneur.

If you've started this thread expecting us to confirm your biases and prejudices, you're out of luck.

Get to work.
It doesn't forbid these and that's why I already work on learning coding and reading books if you mean that by work too.

Gsuz

If you want the crown, you gotta take it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
242%
Jul 3, 2012
I think it's good that you're starting so young and have big ambitions, but your location isn't holding you back right now, at least not in a meaningful way. Btw, you can start a company in Germany as a minor (I'm from Germany as well), it just requires a bit more work to basically establish your capacity to contract. So there are a lot of steps you can already take right now. NRW for example has published guidelines on how to proceed:

Viel Erfolg!

Europe19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2023
Germany/ Bavaria
I think it's good that you're starting so young and have big ambitions, but your location isn't holding you back right now, at least not in a meaningful way. Btw, you can start a company in Germany as a minor (I'm from Germany as well), it just requires a bit more work to basically establish your capacity to contract. So there are a lot of steps you can already take right now. NRW for example has published guidelines on how to proceed:

Viel Erfolg!
Yes, I know that. But I think my parents wouldn't allow it(and you need the approval of your parents)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
The Problem is just that Europe has other laws than in the US, starting a company requires (here in Germany) to be 18 years old but I'm 16. As soon as I got 18 I will start my journey and take action. I know that you would still say that I should start now but it's just not legal.

Hustle in the meantime. Some capital when you're 18 will make it way easier to start a business.

Europe19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2023
Germany/ Bavaria
Hustle in the meantime. Some capital when you're 18 will make it way easier to start a business.
I already invested in stocks 2 years ago and they are performing very good. (got the money from parents and selling things)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I already invested in stocks 2 years ago and they are performing very good. (got the money from parents and selling things)

I didn't mean stocks. I meant hustling to build your work ethic, gain some skills (including soft skills), and make some money through your own efforts. This will be the same when you own a business.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Starting a company is often not the first step. You are worrying too early.

The first hurdle in early stage is usually payment. You need to at least have a bank account to receive payment.

Learn skills through execution of a business idea is the best way to learn skills.

You are dealing with the business aspect of the sector while grasping technical skill.

I don’t know why people can sit in a class room to learn boring dry skills. I just can’t unless I set up a purpose for it even though the chance of making money is slim.

You don’t need a company when you are building and testing a product.

Last edited:

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
I would hate to do that, but if you've got the hustle and charisma, start "marketing/business/money tips, tricks, mindset" channels on Instagram and TikTok. In 2 years, you could have 100K followers who'll start paying you for services or courses from the day you turn 18.

Edit: of course, becoming a guru is not the only option, it could be any industry/niche in which you could become an expert in 2 years, build a loyal following and monetize it when the time is right.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I would hate to do that, but if you've got the hustle and charisma, start "marketing/business/money tips, tricks, mindset" channels on Instagram and TikTok. In 2 years, you could have 100K followers who'll start paying you for services or courses from the day you turn 18.

Edit: of course, becoming a guru is not the only option, it could be any industry/niche in which you could become an expert in 2 years, build a loyal following and monetize it when the time is right.

I love this idea but would definitely focus on a better niche. A well-spoken, charismatic 16-years old could really make it work extremely well.

Reminds me of this dude:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hhsXtJ4Apc

Europe19

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Oct 23, 2023
Germany/ Bavaria

Not only these things can get you money, in social media (+YouTube) I could probably do anything that is in trend and it provides not only money it also helps if I want to start a startup so I could advertise my own product.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.