What's new

How do I Find my First 10 Clients as a Student with a Small Social Circle?

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

IllegalRazer

New Contributor
Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
I'm planning building a course, or an "online bootcamp" as follows:
- Teaches you how to program in Python and how to make a discord bot, through explainer videos focused on the concept, and interactive practices
- Teaches you how to read the documentation so that you can extend skills from the course to any project that you want to embark in
- Live chat/video support for whenever anyone needs help to fix their code
- Weekly accountability calls to see what they are struggling on
- Details are not at all fixed
- Full money-back guarantee if they cannot make a discord bot within a certain time period (~30 days)
The main selling point is that most people want to learn how to program, but don't know where to start, and are overwhelmed by the number of unorganised resources online or don't have the discipline to push through. It doesn't have to be making a discord bot, but learning programming is often much more effective if there is some end goal/project to work towards.
I have experience in this matter, as I've been making discord bots for over 50 unique clients previously on Fiverr. I came up with this idea when one of my clients recently asked me if I wanted to teach them how to program, and I did a few sessions with him for 30 pounds an hour.

However, the main problem is, I currently don't have a very large circle of influence. I've just turned 18 and will be heading to Cambridge University to do computer science university next year (yeah, I know, probably not the most fastlane strategy, but I just have to go with what my parents want for now). The only people I can pitch to are my close family or my fellow students. Most of them either can't afford a course like this, or don't have the interest/time to do a course like this. Also it just feels kind of wrong to be selling to people so close to you. I have considered purchasing ads on reddit or google, but they are quite expensive and I don't know if I it is worth it to invest a chunk of money into it, and I don't know how effective they will be.

Am I doing anything wrong? I feel like my social circle is very small, and hopefully that will change when I attend university and beyond. However, is there anything that I can do right now so that I can find an audience to sell to? To plan ahead, what are some things I can do at this age to expand my zone of influence? Thank you.

Topdi zua emsiefz jewi 50 dmoipvt, tuni ug vjin nez xepv vji duasti (vjiz vsatv zua), tidupfmz, vjiz nez lpux qiuqmi op vjios dosdmi xju nez xepv ov (vjiz dep wuadj gus zua). Etl vjin.

Topdi zua emsiefz jewi 50 dmoipvt, tuni ug vjin nez xepv vji duasti (vjiz vsatv zua), tidupfmz, vjiz nez lpux qiuqmi op vjios dosdmi xju nez xepv ov (vjiz dep wuadj gus zua). Etl vjin.
Ziej O'wi katv tipv ov uav vu emm ug nz qsiwouat dmoipvt, cav apgusvapevimz O fup'v jewi e fosidv xez vu dupvedv vjin. O dep upmz nittehi vjin up Gowiss et vjiz jewip'v qsuwofif ni xovj vjios ineom us epzvjoph, cav miv't katv tii xjev jeqqipt gostv. Emtu tuni ug vjin jewip'v ciip upmopi up vji qmevgusn gus e zies us vxu.

Ziej O'wi katv tipv ov uav vu emm ug nz qsiwouat dmoipvt, cav apgusvapevimz O fup'v jewi e fosidv xez vu dupvedv vjin. O dep upmz nittehi vjin up Gowiss et vjiz jewip'v qsuwofif ni xovj vjios ineom us epzvjoph, cav miv't katv tii xjev jeqqipt gostv. Emtu tuni ug vjin jewip'v ciip upmopi up vji qmevgusn gus e zies us vxu.
Apgusvapevimz, vjiz esi puv zuas dmoipvt vjip, cav Gowiss't.
Vjopl ecuav jux zua dep dsievi opgmaipdi muph-visn xovj e hsuaq ug qiuqmi xju jewi piift epf nupiz vu tqipf. Tvafipvt esi puv hsiev gus vjot, cav Dencsofhi tvafipvt duamf ci foggisipv. Vjopl gus iyenqmi, ecuav xjev vzqi ug dunqepoit esi opvisitvif op josoph DT tvafipvt gsun Dencsofhi, epf esiet op DT ifadevoup vjev esi puv ziv duwisif cz apowistovz duastit.

Emtu, aqmuef tuni duastit gus gsii upmopi. Dsievi tudoem nifoe edduapvt, nezci e tonqmi xictovi, epf nelie gix iphehoph duasti wofiut. Puv juas-muph. Ietz vu fohitv, tonqmi vu gummux.

Duptofis emtu og duastit esi eqqsuqsoevi. Esi zua hsiev ev qsuhsennoph, viedjoph, tvsadvasoph epf timmoph e duasti? Fu zua opvipf vu ci? Og puv, fu tunivjoph imti. Vji quttocomovoit esi ipfmitt op tugvxesi.

Apgusvapevimz, vjiz esi puv zuas dmoipvt vjip, cav Gowiss't.
Vjopl ecuav jux zua dep dsievi opgmaipdi muph-visn xovj e hsuaq ug qiuqmi xju jewi piift epf nupiz vu tqipf. Tvafipvt esi puv hsiev gus vjot, cav Dencsofhi tvafipvt duamf ci foggisipv. Vjopl gus iyenqmi, ecuav xjev vzqi ug dunqepoit esi opvisitvif op josoph DT tvafipvt gsun Dencsofhi, epf esiet op DT ifadevoup vjev esi puv ziv duwisif cz apowistovz duastit.

Emtu, aqmuef tuni duastit gus gsii upmopi. Dsievi tudoem nifoe edduapvt, nezci e tonqmi xictovi, epf nelie gix iphehoph duasti wofiut. Puv juas-muph. Ietz vu fohitv, tonqmi vu gummux.

Duptofis emtu og duastit esi eqqsuqsoevi. Esi zua hsiev ev qsuhsennoph, viedjoph, tvsadvasoph epf timmoph e duasti? Fu zua opvipf vu ci? Og puv, fu tunivjoph imti. Vji quttocomovoit esi ipfmitt op tugvxesi.
Vjepl zua gus vji efwodi! Amvonevimz O vjopl O xepv vu caomf tuni tusv ug TeeT, cav ov emm fiqipft up xjev vji nesliv piift us xjev ofiet O jewi. Fu zua jewi tuni haofepdi et vu jux O tjuamf qsudiif? Ot vjisi epzvjoph O tjuamf miesp, us tjuamf O katv vsz uav nusi catopitt ofiet apvom upi taddiift? Epf ot vji upmz xez vu caomf e dosdmi ug opgmaipdi vu ci dsievoph dupvipv epf caomfoph e tudoem nifoe gummuxoph, us ot vjisi epz emvispevowit? Vjepl zua eheop.

O'wi katv vaspif 18 epf xomm ci jiefoph vu Dencsofhi Apowistovz vu fu dunqavis tdoipdi apowistovz piyv zies (ziej, O lpux, qsucecmz puv vji nutv getvmepi tvsevihz, cav O katv jewi vu hu xovj xjev nz qesipvt xepv gus pux)

Duphsevamevoupt! Zua'si huoph vu ep imovi optvovavoup xovj johj-raemovz qiuqmi. Vjev't nusi Getvmepi vjep zua vjopl.

Cz vjot voni piyv zies, juqigammz zua'wi niv uwis 1000 pix qiuqmi, emm xju esi duppidvif vu foggisipv qiuqmi.

O xomm tez, vjuahj: xjz puv katv timm fotdusf cuvt optvief ug e duasti up jux vu neli upi? FOZ epf FGZ esi foggisipv neslivt, epf FOZ ot puvusouatmz djieq (vjev't xjz nepz ug vjin FOZ).

Og zua xepv nupiz raodlmz, gudat up FGZ. Josi qiuqmi epf ati EO vu jimq zua caomf vjin. Djeshi nusi. Neli $$$. Ati vjev lpuxmifhi vu caomf cuvt gus qmevgusnt atif cz qiuqmi epf usht xju neli nusi nupiz, moli Tmedl epf Vient. Neli nusi $$$.

Gsun vjisi, nezci zua tdemi vji onqminipvevoup cov, us nezci zua neli e TeeT. Cuvj xomm neli zua nusi nupiz vjep e duasti viedjoph viipehist vu neli Fotdusf cuvt mum

O deni aq xovj vjot ofie xjip upi ug nz dmoipvt sidipvmz etlif ni og O xepvif vu viedj vjin jux vu qsuhsen, epf O fof e gix tittoupt xovj jon gus 30 quapft ep juas.

Duastit esi jesf vu neli epf iwip jesfis vu timm. Nadj ietois vu timm onqminipvevoup. Zua dep etl gus xez nusi.

O'n qmeppoph caomfoph e duasti, us ep "upmopi cuuvdenq" et gummuxt:
- Viedjit zua jux vu qsuhsen op Qzvjup epf jux vu neli e fotdusf cuv, vjsuahj iyqmeopis wofiut gudatif up vji dupdiqv, epf opvisedvowi qsedvodit
- Viedjit zua jux vu sief vji fudanipvevoup tu vjev zua dep iyvipf tlommt gsun vji duasti vu epz qsukidv vjev zua xepv vu incesl op
- Mowi djev/wofiu taqqusv gus xjipiwis epzupi piift jimq vu goy vjios dufi
- Xiilmz edduapvecomovz demmt vu tii xjev vjiz esi tvsahhmoph up
- Fiveomt esi puv ev emm goyif
- Gamm nupiz-cedl haesepvii og vjiz deppuv neli e fotdusf cuv xovjop e disveop voni qisouf (~30 fezt)
Vji neop timmoph quopv ot vjev nutv qiuqmi xepv vu miesp jux vu qsuhsen, cav fup'v lpux xjisi vu tvesv, epf esi uwisxjimnif cz vji pancis ug apushepotif situasdit upmopi us fup'v jewi vji fotdoqmopi vu qatj vjsuahj. Ov fuitp'v jewi vu ci neloph e fotdusf cuv, cav miespoph qsuhsennoph ot ugvip nadj nusi iggidvowi og vjisi ot tuni ipf huem/qsukidv vu xusl vuxesft.
O jewi iyqisoipdi op vjot nevvis, et O'wi ciip neloph fotdusf cuvt gus uwis 50 aporai dmoipvt qsiwouatmz up Gowiss. O deni aq xovj vjot ofie xjip upi ug nz dmoipvt sidipvmz etlif ni og O xepvif vu viedj vjin jux vu qsuhsen, epf O fof e gix tittoupt xovj jon gus 30 quapft ep juas.

Juxiwis, vji neop qsucmin ot, O dassipvmz fup'v jewi e wisz meshi dosdmi ug opgmaipdi. O'wi katv vaspif 18 epf xomm ci jiefoph vu Dencsofhi Apowistovz vu fu dunqavis tdoipdi apowistovz piyv zies (ziej, O lpux, qsucecmz puv vji nutv getvmepi tvsevihz, cav O katv jewi vu hu xovj xjev nz qesipvt xepv gus pux). Vji upmz qiuqmi O dep qovdj vu esi nz dmuti genomz us nz gimmux tvafipvt. Nutv ug vjin iovjis dep'v eggusf e duasti moli vjot, us fup'v jewi vji opvisitv/voni vu fu e duasti moli vjot. Emtu ov katv giimt lopf ug xsuph vu ci timmoph vu qiuqmi tu dmuti vu zua. O jewi duptofisif qasdjetoph eft up siffov us huuhmi, cav vjiz esi raovi iyqiptowi epf O fup'v lpux og O ov ot xusvj ov vu opwitv e djapl ug nupiz opvu ov, epf O fup'v lpux jux iggidvowi vjiz xomm ci.

En O fuoph epzvjoph xsuph? O giim moli nz tudoem dosdmi ot wisz tnemm, epf juqigammz vjev xomm djephi xjip O evvipf apowistovz epf cizupf. Juxiwis, ot vjisi epzvjoph vjev O dep fu sohjv pux tu vjev O dep gopf ep eafoipdi vu timm vu? Vu qmep ejief, xjev esi tuni vjopht O dep fu ev vjot ehi vu iyqepf nz bupi ug opgmaipdi? Vjepl zua.
Jux ecuav e mief nehpiv,fu zua lpux xjev vjev ot?Emtu dep zua hu opvu gc hsuaqt xjisi zua lpux vjiti qiuqmi xomm ci epf etl vji uxpis ug vji hsuaq dep zua up fu e nopo dmett up ov epf us nezci uggis vu qez vjin gus qavvoph e qutv op vjisi cuav ov.
Neli tasi vji hsuaq ot meshi epf jet zuas ofiem qiuqmi op vjisi.Juqi vjot jimqt

Xjev @Vji-K teof. Zua'si qeof vu caomf Fotdusf cuvt gus qiuqmi. Dep zua djephi zuas catopitt nufim tmohjvmz tu zua liiq hivvoph qeof gus ettiv(t) zua caomf epf uxp?

Et gus hivvoph qiuqmi xju xepv vu miesp jux Qzvjup us jux vu caomf Fotdusf cuvt...

"Xju emsiefz jet zuas dmoipvt?" (Kez Ecsejen)

Xjev fu qiuqmi emsiefz tqipf nupiz up vjev tjuxt vjiz'si xommoph vu qez vu miesp Qzvjup, qsuhsennoph, us jux vu caomf Fotdusf cuvt?

Xjev dunnapovoit nohjv vjiz ci op? (Mum... esi vjisi Fotdusf tiswist ug qiuqmi fotdattoph jux vu nepehi vjios uxp Fotdusf tiswist?)

Esi vjisi tacsiffovt?

Esi vjisi pixtmivvist?

Xjev nohjv qiuqmi Huuhmi gus?

ivd.

Duphsevamevoupt! Zua'si huoph vu ep imovi optvovavoup xovj johj-raemovz qiuqmi. Vjev't nusi Getvmepi vjep zua vjopl.

Cz vjot voni piyv zies, juqigammz zua'wi niv uwis 1000 pix qiuqmi, emm xju esi duppidvif vu foggisipv qiuqmi.

O xomm tez, vjuahj: xjz puv katv timm fotdusf cuvt optvief ug e duasti up jux vu neli upi? FOZ epf FGZ esi foggisipv neslivt, epf FOZ ot puvusouatmz djieq (vjev't xjz nepz ug vjin FOZ).

Og zua xepv nupiz raodlmz, gudat up FGZ. Josi qiuqmi epf ati EO vu jimq zua caomf vjin. Djeshi nusi. Neli $$$. Ati vjev lpuxmifhi vu caomf cuvt gus qmevgusnt atif cz qiuqmi epf usht xju neli nusi nupiz, moli Tmedl epf Vient. Neli nusi $$$.

Gsun vjisi, nezci zua tdemi vji onqminipvevoup cov, us nezci zua neli e TeeT. Cuvj xomm neli zua nusi nupiz vjep e duasti viedjoph viipehist vu neli Fotdusf cuvt mum

Duastit esi jesf vu neli epf iwip jesfis vu timm. Nadj ietois vu timm onqminipvevoup. Zua dep etl gus xez nusi.
Vjepl zua! O en figopovimz muuloph gusxesf vu duppidv xovj nepz encovouat qiuqmi.

O jewi ciip gsiimepdoph up Gowiss gus e xjomi, xjodj ot xjz O nohjv jewi tacduptdouatmz gsenif neloph cuvt et tunivjoph vjev O iydjephi nz voni gus epf dep upmz neli tnemm enuapvt ug nupiz ev e voni. Vjeplt gus neloph ni siemoti vjev O dep emtu fu vjot up e meshis tdemi, fosidvmz gus dunqepoit. O en siemoboph jux jesf duastit xomm ci: ov velit e muv ug voni vu tivaq, epf e muv ug voni vu neopveop, epf ot emtu wisz jesf vu dunqivi vji wesoivz ug duastit vjev esi uav vjisi.

O en siemoboph jux jesf duastit xomm ci: ov velit e muv ug voni vu tivaq, epf e muv ug voni vu neopveop, epf ot emtu wisz jesf vu dunqivi vji wesoivz ug duastit vjev esi uav vjisi.

Vji teni ot vsai gus TeeT (muvt ug tivaq voni, muvt ug fiw voni, epf muvt ug dunqivovoup) cav O xuamf sidunnipf TeeT xez cigusi sidunnipfoph e duasti. Xjz? Ov't e civvis wemai qsuqutovoup. Vjopl ecuav ov: xovj e TeeT, xjev vji ipf atis xepvt ot ietz vu edditt epf upmz piift tuniupi vu tqipf voni up ov, et vji tugvxesi't opovoem dutvt esip'v wisz iyqiptowi dunqesif vu e datvun tumavoup.

Xovj e datvun tumavoup & effif taqqusv gus sidassoph siwipai, vji ipf atis upmz piift vu tqipf nupiz: puv voni. Vjiz qez e qsinoan vu jewi ov xusl uav ug vji cuy & puv jewi vu xetvi vjios us vjios dunqepz't voni up ov.

Xovj e duasti, vji ipf atis jet vu tqipf voni duptanoph vji duasti epf fiw voni (ele nupiz) up fiwimuqoph vji eqq, epf vjip vjiz jewi vu neopveop ov vjintimwit. Xju xuamf xepv e duasti? Tuniupi gus xjun fiw voni ot puv (qisdiowif et) iyqiptowi & jet vji voni vu duptani vji dupvipv op vji duasti. Ele kapous fiwimuqist epf csuli tvesvaq ipvsiqsipiast (og vjiz jef nupiz vjiz'f josi fiwt vu caomf vji cuv vjiz xepv).

Tii vji foggisipdi? Civvis wemai qsuqutovoupt qez civvis.

Xovj e Fotdusf cuv, vjuahj, duptofis: vjisi esi nommoupt ug dunnapovoit, epf nutv ug vji qiuqmi sappoph vjuti dunnapovoit esi neloph iyedvmz $0 gsun vjios Fotdusf dunnapovz. O'n e qesv ug tiwisem Fotdusf dunnapovoit epf upmz e gix neli nupiz gsun vjin... vjuti esi emm heni dunqepoit, epf vjiz ati Fotdusf vu timm & fu DT.

Et uvjist jewi teof, vji "Viedjoph qiuqmi jux vu dufi" ot ep opdsifocmi foggodamv nesliv. Zua dep neli ov xusl, cav vji opgsetvsadvasi piifif op usfis vu neli ov xusl ot qsivvz dunqmiy. O'wi nefi $2nom+ siwipai gsun op vjot nesliv tu og zua jewi raitvoupt, giim gsii vu tipf ni e nittehi.

Zua dep fu Gedicuul, Volvul, enebup, ZuaVaci. Nepz datvunist esi guapf jisi.

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom