The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How have my conversions drastically dropped this week? FB ADS

Marketing, social media, advertising

JT388

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 30, 2015
Hello,

I don't know what is happening, but I am terribly concerned. 8 weeks ago I threw up an ad for a business I put up over a couple of days online. A week or two into the ads, the sales really blew off, it started off with me spending $15 a day and that'd convert to $100-200~ a day in profits from cold traffic. So I made it a plan that every Monday at 1AM I would increase the ad spend each week. From 1-6 weeks I went from spending $15 to $20 to $29 to $45 to $52 a day. Every week my profit would grow by 25-50%.

Now after having a fantastic week last week (18-26 sales a day) I decided "Ok next week I will double my ad spend from $52 to $104 a day" with all my excitement, thinking that at worst, it'd convert 30 sales a day and at best it could get as high as 60 a day (this is assuming you put two days from last week into the one, as essentially doubling the ad spend one would assume achieves this)

But nope.

My CPC doubled to 0.22c

Monday ended on 26 orders
Tuesday ended on 28 orders
Wednesday ended on 22 orders

It's now Thursday ( mid day here) and I have a measly 8 orders in my dashboard for today, this is one of the worst weeks/days I've had in a while, normally by this time of the day I'd have 15-18 orders in my queue, but what baffles me is.

Does 'doubling' your daily spend really f*ck the ad? Should it be more gradual? It seems to have f***ed my ad up big time.

I am pretty certain my ad was strong, I mean, the data is like this when I view its lifetime result:

$0.12
Per Website Click

Website Clicks

156,615 Reach

$800.23 Spent

Conversions: 504

Sales made: $14,500

Profits made: $11,000

Is this the end of my FB ad success? (This is not affiliate sales, I am selling a need I invented in a niche I am fond of)

Or am I just worrying too much? Will FB recover? Should I reduce my ad spend and start again?

All help is incredibly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
You have just uncovered the secret about FB ads that hardly anyone knows...
When you show FB you have more money to spend, they try to spend it by showing your ad to more people (even if they are unqualified)
What you need to do to scale is create duplicate campaigns with small budgets. Just make as many as you need to get the reach you want.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.