The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to avoid getting your price smacked out of you

tonyp21

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 16, 2014
South Africa
As I spend most of my working day with home, micro and small business owners the conversation invariable turns to how to increase their B2B profile.

More often as not that leads to a discussion about the problems that small companies encounter when approaching larger concerns and in particular with regard to dealing with the company Buyers.

Knowing that I once (when I was little) used to be a Procurement Manager I am often the brunt of emotional accusations that buyers in medium and large companies often use bully tactics to get small company owners to lower their prices.

It is claimed that this price battering is often without logic and done simply because they are small companies. A tactic that the buyer would not dare apply to larger suppliers.

I have explored this topic in full in my article HERE and I am very interested to have comments or suggestions on how small business owners cope with what may appear to be unnecessarily aggressive negotiating by medium and large company buyers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tafy

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Aug 21, 2013
UK
Yes the main thing is being prepared to walk away, this is the major point of any negotiation.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.