The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find good quality Google Ads resources?

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jun 26, 2023
Hey, my name is Timo and I just finished school in Germany. Because of that I have currently a lot of free time that I am going to use productively.

For the last couple of months I researched this forum and MJ’s books but I never participated or took action towards my goals. I felt like I was being productive but I was action faking.

Still I am of the opinion that I now have quite a good understanding of the Fastlane mindset and clarity of my journey ahead.

I started learning Google Ads to help local businesses with their marketing. I am currently just at the beginning of my learning process but I am making good progress.

I completed the official “Google Ads Search Fundamentals Course” created by Google. This gave me a good first overview of Google Ads.

Now I am wondering what my next steps should be. Should I continue with online courses or should I watch Tutorials or what should I do? How would you approach learning a new skill like Google Ads when you don’t know which resources are helpful and fitting for your current skill level?

I am not looking for specific course names or a path to success. I just want to know how you would approach the learning process for a new skill like Google Ads. How do I find good resources and courses that help me?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chet Shen

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Jun 6, 2022
Sydney
Hey, my name is Timo and I just finished school in Germany. Because of that I have currently a lot of free time that I am going to use productively.

For the last couple of months I researched this forum and MJ’s books but I never participated or took action towards my goals. I felt like I was being productive but I was action faking.

Still I am of the opinion that I now have quite a good understanding of the Fastlane mindset and clarity of my journey ahead.

I started learning Google Ads to help local businesses with their marketing. I am currently just at the beginning of my learning process but I am making good progress.

I completed the official “Google Ads Search Fundamentals Course” created by Google. This gave me a good first overview of Google Ads.

Now I am wondering what my next steps should be. Should I continue with online courses or should I watch Tutorials or what should I do? How would you approach learning a new skill like Google Ads when you don’t know which resources are helpful and fitting for your current skill level?

I am not looking for specific course names or a path to success. I just want to know how you would approach the learning process for a new skill like Google Ads. How do I find good resources and courses that help me?
That's a good question to ask @Andy Black He's the Google AdWords guys

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That's a good question to ask @Andy Black He's the Google AdWords guys
Ha. Thanks guys. I'm not the only person using Google Ads on the forum.

Also check out @eliquid 's thread.

And this workshop should help get your head right:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I just want to know how you would approach the learning process for a new skill like Google Ads.
Focus on solving the problem in front of you. I read a book back when I started (Perry Marshall's one), and then Googled to solve whatever problem was in front of me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
To learn Google Ads effectively:

1. Assess your skills and identify areas for improvement.
  2. Set clear learning goals.
  3. Research reliable resources like online courses, tutorials, and industry blogs.
  4. Read reviews and recommendations from others.
  5. Use a mix of learning methods: courses, tutorials, articles, and forums.
  6. Practice hands-on with real campaigns.
  7. Stay updated on Google Ads changes through blogs, webinars, and newsletters.
  8. Join communities to learn from professionals and make connections.
This seems to be AI generated. Be careful doing that in communities, especially this one where the rules state not to use AI.

Mo Joe

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 12, 2023
Hungary
Focus on solving the problem in front of you. I read a book back when I started (Perry Marshall's one), and then Googled to solve whatever problem was in front of me.
Hi Andy!

I just checked Perry Marshall's book, he has a lot, which one have you read?

Thanks

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hi Andy!

I just checked Perry Marshall's book, he has a lot, which one have you read?

Thanks
I wasn't suggesting you read the book. I was just saying how I got started. I did some ads for someone, got hooked, bought a book, then kept going.

Your goal isn't to "learn", it's to get results. The best way to get results is to keep running tests. What happens if I remove the "Request A Callback" button and only have the option to call? What happens if I change the headline from "Dublin Plumbers" to "Need a Plumber in Dublin?". Etc.

Mo Joe

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Feb 12, 2023
Hungary
I wasn't suggesting you read the book. I was just saying how I got started. I did some ads for someone, got hooked, bought a book, then kept going.

Your goal isn't to "learn", it's to get results. The best way to get results is to keep running tests. What happens if I remove the "Request A Callback" button and only have the option to call? What happens if I change the headline from "Dublin Plumbers" to "Need a Plumber in Dublin?". Etc.
Yeah, this kind of mindset is a must. Thank you for remindig me!

Timo.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jun 26, 2023

Firstly thank you @Andy Black for your great response to my original question. I realized that I should get practical experience with Google Ads as soon as I can instead of falling into the trap of just consuming information and knowledge without using it. As you said I will focus on the problem right in front of me.

I won’t learn about advanced Google Ads tactics or something like this until I need them. Right now this would just be a waste of time. Rather, now that I know the basic fundamentals of Google Ads my next step is to get a general overview of the interface in Google Ads to be able to use my gained knowledge.

But I am wondering how I will get my first practical experience. My first idea was to use my social network and ask some family friends to offer my service for free but I need to learn how to approach this step because my offer needs to be so great that they trust a beginner with no past experience.

I don’t want to mess something up so I doubt if this really should be my first step. I want to feel comfortable with Google Ads before getting my first “clients” even if they are family friends and I tell them that I am a beginner. Are there other ways in which I can get practical experience with Google Ads? Should I spend a bit of my own money? But on which campaign?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
If you're going to read ANY of Perry Marshall's books, read this one: 80/20 Marketing

It'll help you:

• Write ads that target exactly who you want to speak to
  • Choose high-intent keywords
  • Write LP copy that exposes your market's bleeding neck & what they can do about it
  • Understand USP on a fundamental level
It's not a Google Ads book. I suggest using Andy's resources for Google Ads. Absorb ONLY enough for you to get started, then keep absorbing as you work.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
my offer needs to be so great that they trust a beginner with no past experience.
It's not so much about your offer, more about getting the right offer in front of the right person at the right time (which is what Google Ads is about too).

Listen to the first radio interview in my signature to find out how I started. Check out the inbound/sales thread too.

You're lacking self confidence. You get self confidence by helping people and/or taking action.

I did a presentation for Rob's group about how I got started selling Google Ads as a service, and how I've advised other people how to as well. I have that call in a bonus area for my free newsletter.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...