The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get faster shipping for less $$

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
If you sell heavy products and ship them to customers, this thread is for you.

Instead of only considering the big 3 shipping companies (USPS, UPS, and FedEx), have you ever thought about regional carriers?

You can get shipping rates that are, much of the time, cheaper that the big 3 shippers - AND it gets to your customer faster.

Especially if you sell heavy product, definitely take a look at the following picture for some regional carriers:
regional carriers.png
Regional-carrier-chart.rev2_.png

I live in the Midwest, and use SpeeDee delivery, and it's crazy how much cheaper it is. Especially for heavier products.

I don't have any experience with the other regional shippers, but I'm sure they have savings to be had as well. If you're shipping the same kind of product a long way across the U.S. frequently, (especially a heavy product) consider sending a pallet of your product to a warehouse near the general area of where your customers are, and have a regional carrier get it to your customer.

If anyone has any experience with the other regional carriers, feel free to chime in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
Joining this thread to see what other people have to say.

I just got a quote from Deliverr.
$22 for 2-day shipping and around 160 a month for storage fees. I also have a large and heavy product (17 lb)

Last edited:

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015

Please SEARCH before posting.