The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Go From a Scarcity To an Abundance Mindset. This changed my life.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
This is an important topic that I see, but I don't see often enough.

I know I haven't been on the forum much lately, but I feel I need to post this. This was life changing for me and can be life changing for you.

Most of you may know me as The Paint Brush Cover guy that was on Shark Tank. I started posting in this forum over a decade ago when I started with an idea then documented step by step almost daily. It held me accountable while motivating myself, motivating others and also getting some great feedback and ideas from members.

Most of you also may know that I sold my share for almost nothing just to get out of a failing business due to a few factors such as a bad partner, inexperience and, most importantly, a scarcity mindset.

All was not lost though. Everyone fails. Some big. Some small. You learn through failing.

In this case, I failed my way to success and this failure specifically led me to the path of a total mindset change.

The most important thing is that I didn't give up. I knew I would one day become successful. I just needed to figure out how and thankfully I became very close with a fellow gym member (who is now one of my closest friends) and completely changed my mindset about money. This was the key to changing everything.

This mindset switch, made me much better at sales, better at marketing, better at advertising, better at networking, better managing. It changed everything.

And it all started with annoying friend, who is now one of my closest friends.

Before I met Gil, almost my entire network was made up of blood sucking mindset leaches. You can't do this, you can't do that, you can't make that much money, money is bad, just put a big chunk in your 401k and you'll be set, you'll have a pension when you retire, blah, blah, blah, blah blah.

I was getting sick of hearing it and new I needed to level up. That's around the time I started following Craig Ballantyne who always says "Your Network is Your Net Worth".

I understood what he meant at the time but not fully. Now, I completely get it.

I started to say to myself "I need to ditch these leaches and move up to the next level".

When I met Gil, he was a high end watch dealer. Very successful. Amazing at sales. the guy could literally sell anything. He was so good, that he became Alex Hormozi's "Sales Guru" for Gym Launch in the early days when we had partnered and opened several gyms together.

His thoughts about money were completely opposite mine. $30k a month was a bad month for him. At the time, I was dreaming of a $10k month and thought that would be life changing. If only I could get from $5k per month to $10k per month, I would have it made. I wouldn't need anything else.

At that time, I also had this insanely negative perception of sales. Like it was a bad thing.

I also didn't think I would ever have what it takes to make a million dollars. I would constantly have negative self talk in my head.

This was preventing me from succeeding. This was the only thing preventing me from succeeding.

I was spending a lot of time with Gil when we met. Doing CrossFit, running races, doing extreme stuff like skydiving and hang gliding. Even though we were on different levels financially, we got along pretty good.

Except, we would argue all the time about money and thoughts on money.

He called out my scarcity mindset right away. And at the time, I didn't realize how bad it was. He did. And now that I look back, I'm blown away by how bad it was.

He was set on changing that and eventually he succeeded.

He kept on drilling my on abundance mindset.

Misconception - There's never enough money.
Abundance Mindset - Money is a renewable resource. With the right strategies, mindset, and actions, I can always earn more.

Misconception - Others' success takes away from my own potential success.
Abundance Mindset - There's enough success for everyone. Another's success can serve as inspiration and does not diminish my opportunities.

Misconception - I have to hold onto every penny, or I'll run out.
Abundance Mindset - Smart investments and spending can lead to growth. I can allocate resources in ways that lead to further abundance. The way I think now is instead of saving more money, I make more money.

Misconception - Money is the root of all evil.
Abundance Mindset - Money is a tool. It's neither good nor evil in itself but can be used for positive or negative purposes depending on one's choices. There are many really good things you can do with money from as little to making a waiter happier with a bigger tip to making huge donations to your favorite charities.

Misconception - I don't deserve wealth or abundance. This one really got me.
Abundance Mindset - Everyone deserves abundance and prosperity. By aligning my mindset, skills, and actions, I can achieve financial success.

Misconception - Financial success is purely based on luck.
Abundance Mindset - While some elements of luck can be involved, hard work, strategy, and a positive attitude play significant roles in achieving financial success. One of my favorite sayings is "You create your own luck".

Misconception - It's selfish to desire more money. At first, i was embarrassed to be wealthier than all of my friends. You can bet that changed.
Abundance Mindset -Wanting more resources can lead to greater opportunities not just for oneself, but to help others and contribute to larger causes. If I have more money I can help more people.

Misconception - Money will solve all my problems.
Abundance Mindset - Money is a tool to help address challenges and facilitate experiences, but it's not the only solution. Inner happiness, relationships, and purpose play critical roles in a fulfilled life.

Misconception - People with money are greedy.
Abundance Mindset - Wealthy individuals can be just as diverse in character as any other group. Money amplifies who you already are; it doesn't inherently make someone greedy. Gil always said that more money just brings out your true character.

Misconception - There's a fixed pie of resources, and if someone gets more, others will get less.
Abundance Mindset - The world is abundant, and opportunities and resources can expand. Innovation, collaboration, and creativity can grow the pie for everyone.

Misconception - Selling is bad. All salesmen are snakes.
Abundance Mindset - selling is a really good thing. You're giving the person what they need or desire. Ex: weight loss, healthier lifestyle, I nice watch to help improve their status or improve the perception of their status.

Shifting from a scarcity to an abundance mindset doesn't mean being unrealistic or ignoring challenges. It's about focusing on possibilities, being proactive, and recognizing that with effort and the right strategies, growth and prosperity are achievable.

One day, it just clicked. I finally said "Gil. You're right".

I'm go to do anything i can to started thinking with an abundance mindset. I picked Gil's brain more. Didn't argue with him. I read books. Watched videos. I hired a mentor. Meditated.

Ian Stanley's money meditations really helped a lot.

More and more my mindset changed. More and more I got better at everything I did. More and more money flowed to me.

Fast forward to today, I own a branch of a private equity firm, helped 1000's of business owners with covid tax relief, have 10+ sales reps working for me, over 20+ affiliates under me and have made in the multiple 7 figures over the past 3 years.

I am now in the process of building something BIG.

Within the next year, I plan on having 20-30 sales reps and hundreds, if not thousands, of successful affiliates working under me.

With my new abundance mindset, the skys are the limit. I dream big and have been surpassing my lofty goals.

I recently set the biggest goal of my life to make 8 figures+ and plan on hitting that goal within 2 years.

I credit this to one single thing. One simple thing.

A Mindset change. That's all.

And It's not that difficult to do.

Start hanging out with people better than you. Find someone that makes more money than you. Become friends with them. Notice how differently they think about money.

Find a mentor like Craig Ballantyne, or Bedros Keullien.

Start listening to podcasts. Bedros is great. Alex Hormozi, Brad Lea, Ed Mylett. There are so many.

Listen to the Ian Stanley money meditations on Youtube.

Instead of saving money. Think of ways you can make more money, solve more problems, help more people.

Like I said earlier, I thought $10k a month would be life changing. That when I would be like "I really made it". Then I had a $10k month with my gyms. Then a $15k month. Then I thought "If only I can make $20k" blah blah. Then I had a $30k month. Then a $50k month. Them I made $40k in one day. Then $100k. Then $150k. It kept going.

This past summer I had a $250k+ month. Now, If I make under $100k in a month, my mind starts thinking wtf I did wrong. I didn't help enough people. I got lazy. etc.

My thought process completely changed and now the sky is the limit.

I think this is very important for young entrepreneurs to hear because I don't hear it enough and it can very well be the one thing missing to get you to the top like it was for me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NathanN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jul 27, 2022
Vancouver, B.C.

I know I haven't been on the forum much lately, but I feel I need to post this. This was life changing for me and can be life changing for you.

Most of you may know me as The Paint Brush Cover guy that was on Shark Tank. I started posting in this forum over a decade ago when I started with an idea then documented step by step almost daily. It held me accountable while motivating myself, motivating others and also getting some great feedback and ideas from members.

Most of you also may know that I sold my share for almost nothing just to get out of a failing business due to a few factors such as a bad partner, inexperience and, most importantly, a scarcity mindset.

All was not lost though. Everyone fails. Some big. Some small. You learn through failing.

In this case, I failed my way to success and this failure specifically led me to the path of a total mindset change.

The most important thing is that I didn't give up. I knew I would one day become successful. I just needed to figure out how and thankfully I became very close with a fellow gym member (who is now one of my closest friends) and completely changed my mindset about money. This was the key to changing everything.

This mindset switch, made me much better at sales, better at marketing, better at advertising, better at networking, better managing. It changed everything.

Before I met Gil, almost my entire network was made up of blood sucking mindset leaches. You can't do this, you can't do that, you can't make that much money, money is bad, just put a big chunk in your 401k and you'll be set, you'll have a pension when you retire, blah, blah, blah, blah blah.

I was getting sick of hearing it and new I needed to level up. That's around the time I started following Craig Ballantyne who always says "Your Network is Your Net Worth".

I started to say to myself "I need to ditch these leaches and move up to the next level".

When I met Gil, he was a high end watch dealer. Very successful. Amazing at sales. the guy could literally sell anything. He was so good, that he became Alex Hormozi's "Sales Guru" for Gym Launch in the early days when we had partnered and opened several gyms together.

His thoughts about money were completely opposite mine. $30k a month was a bad month for him. At the time, I was dreaming of a $10k month and thought that would be life changing. If only I could get from $5k per month to $10k per month, I would have it made. I wouldn't need anything else.

At that time, I also had this insanely negative perception of sales. Like it was a bad thing.

I also didn't think I would ever have what it takes to make a million dollars. I would constantly have negative self talk in my head.

This was preventing me from succeeding. This was the only thing preventing me from succeeding.

I was spending a lot of time with Gil when we met. Doing CrossFit, running races, doing extreme stuff like skydiving and hang gliding. Even though we were on different levels financially, we got along pretty good.

He called out my scarcity mindset right away. And at the time, I didn't realize how bad it was. He did. And now that I look back, I'm blown away by how bad it was.

Abundance Mindset - Money is a renewable resource. With the right strategies, mindset, and actions, I can always earn more.

Abundance Mindset - There's enough success for everyone. Another's success can serve as inspiration and does not diminish my opportunities.

Abundance Mindset - Smart investments and spending can lead to growth. I can allocate resources in ways that lead to further abundance. The way I think now is instead of saving more money, I make more money.

Abundance Mindset - Money is a tool. It's neither good nor evil in itself but can be used for positive or negative purposes depending on one's choices. There are many really good things you can do with money from as little to making a waiter happier with a bigger tip to making huge donations to your favorite charities.

Abundance Mindset - Everyone deserves abundance and prosperity. By aligning my mindset, skills, and actions, I can achieve financial success.

Abundance Mindset - While some elements of luck can be involved, hard work, strategy, and a positive attitude play significant roles in achieving financial success. One of my favorite sayings is "You create your own luck".

Misconception - It's selfish to desire more money. At first, i was embarrassed to be wealthier than all of my friends. You can bet that changed.
Abundance Mindset -Wanting more resources can lead to greater opportunities not just for oneself, but to help others and contribute to larger causes. If I have more money I can help more people.

Abundance Mindset - Money is a tool to help address challenges and facilitate experiences, but it's not the only solution. Inner happiness, relationships, and purpose play critical roles in a fulfilled life.

Abundance Mindset - Wealthy individuals can be just as diverse in character as any other group. Money amplifies who you already are; it doesn't inherently make someone greedy. Gil always said that more money just brings out your true character.

Misconception - There's a fixed pie of resources, and if someone gets more, others will get less.
Abundance Mindset - The world is abundant, and opportunities and resources can expand. Innovation, collaboration, and creativity can grow the pie for everyone.

Abundance Mindset - selling is a really good thing. You're giving the person what they need or desire. Ex: weight loss, healthier lifestyle, I nice watch to help improve their status or improve the perception of their status.

Shifting from a scarcity to an abundance mindset doesn't mean being unrealistic or ignoring challenges. It's about focusing on possibilities, being proactive, and recognizing that with effort and the right strategies, growth and prosperity are achievable.

I'm go to do anything i can to started thinking with an abundance mindset. I picked Gil's brain more. Didn't argue with him. I read books. Watched videos. I hired a mentor. Meditated.

More and more my mindset changed. More and more I got better at everything I did. More and more money flowed to me.

Fast forward to today, I own a branch of a private equity firm, helped 1000's of business owners with covid tax relief, have 10+ sales reps working for me, over 20+ affiliates under me and have made in the multiple 7 figures over the past 3 years.

Within the next year, I plan on having 20-30 sales reps and hundreds, if not thousands, of successful affiliates working under me.

With my new abundance mindset, the skys are the limit. I dream big and have been surpassing my lofty goals.

I recently set the biggest goal of my life to make 8 figures+ and plan on hitting that goal within 2 years.

Start hanging out with people better than you. Find someone that makes more money than you. Become friends with them. Notice how differently they think about money.

Start listening to podcasts. Bedros is great. Alex Hormozi, Brad Lea, Ed Mylett. There are so many.

Instead of saving money. Think of ways you can make more money, solve more problems, help more people.

Like I said earlier, I thought $10k a month would be life changing. That when I would be like "I really made it". Then I had a $10k month with my gyms. Then a $15k month. Then I thought "If only I can make $20k" blah blah. Then I had a $30k month. Then a $50k month. Them I made $40k in one day. Then $100k. Then $150k. It kept going.

This past summer I had a $250k+ month. Now, If I make under $100k in a month, my mind starts thinking wtf I did wrong. I didn't help enough people. I got lazy. etc.

I think this is very important for young entrepreneurs to hear because I don't hear it enough and it can very well be the one thing missing to get you to the top like it was for me.
First thing I get to read on the forum today. Such gold, great advice. Thanks so much. Sometimes changing that environment of people around is tough but it's for the best being around those who lift you up and having someone to look up to.

RocketG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 15, 2019
It's great to hear you've reached a breakthrough. The sky's the limit!

I love Ed Mylett, and Alex Hermozi! Might I add Nick Santonastasso to your little repertoire? 1 arm, no legs and absolutely killing it in life. Such an inspirational individual. All of these guys have helped so much in cultivating an abundance mindset personally.

Funnily enough, while I've tackled a lot of limiting beliefs, for some reason, I haven't specifically addressed the psychological kickback associated with money. But If this ain't a sign to address it once and for all, I don't know what is!

luminis_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 27, 2022
I always wondered who the allusive "Pain Brush Cover Guy" was from the books. Thanks a lot for this post and can't wait to look through your previous ones! :)

Curious, how much time do you spend specifically working on your mindset everyday? From my understanding, the mindset should be 10-20% and putting actions in the world is 80-90% but interested to hear your thoughts.

And congrats on all your success! It probably doesn't mean much from someone just getting started but its pretty surreal seeing people like you and countless others with similar successes on the forum. It's a true blessing

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

You don't know me or know this but when I saw your name on the front page I kind of flipped.

Ever since hearing your story in Unscripted , I've looked to the PBC as a source of inspiration. My goal is to build a valuable physical product as well so I hope to follow in your footsteps and learn from whatever you have to say.

Currently I am building a device called the KeepClear that fills an important need for cars.

Also, thank you for the advice. I've struggled with a lack of this mindset at points in my life so I'll get right to fixing that.

(Where can I find your progress thread? I've been searching for it for some time.)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

Just a simple example of this from the past year.

A house on my block was remodeled and put up for sale for $900k. I walked by and thought, wow $900k is alot for that house. It sold for $950k. I thought, wow, that guy overpaid.

The new owner immediately gutted the house and started renovations on the home. I thought, wow, he paid $50k over asking and just tore it up. He began to re-remodel it and I thought he was crazy. 6 months later, he put it up for sale for $1.4M. I thought, wow that's crazy. 2 months later it sold for $1.44M, $40k over asking.

My brain was not seeing a $1.44M house even when the house was asking $900k. It was just blind to it. But someone else saw something that I didn't and proved me wrong. This changed how I think about how real estate is valued. I go by comps in the past. This owner obviously was thinking about the future.

YouCanDoThis

Start with Empathy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Jan 2, 2021
Europe
Great message, and instant gold I reckon! You must be very appreciative of Gil having pushed back on you for so long. It paid off in the end. :)

Also, nice to see one of the legends from the books post here. Turns out you're just a real human being. ;) And I only say that half-jokingly, because that's exactly the point right? Anyone with the right mindset and execution can achieve wonders.

Very inspiring!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
You don't know me or know this but when I saw your name on the front page I kind of flipped.

Ever since hearing your story in Unscripted , I've looked to the PBC as a source of inspiration. My goal is to build a valuable physical product as well so I hope to follow in your footsteps and learn from whatever you have to say.

Currently I am building a device called the KeepClear that fills an important need for cars.

Also, thank you for the advice. I've struggled with a lack of this mindset at points in my life so I'll get right to fixing that.

(Where can I find your progress thread? I've been searching for it for some time.)
Good Luck! I think you'll find my original thread valuable.

This is the original PBC thread https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...-progress-thread-the-paint-brush-cover.30969/

I started another thread on the INSIDERS about my life after the Paint Brush Cover. You can find that here https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...er-➡️-the-squat-academy-➡️-prior-2-ipo.92701/

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Curious, how much time do you spend specifically working on your mindset everyday? From my understanding, the mindset should be 10-20% and putting actions in the world is 80-90% but interested to hear your thoughts.

It depends. Everyone is different. In the beginning I spent a lot of my time here learning and understanding what it takes to be successful. Once I figured it out and started working on my businesses, I'd spend more time on the business.

Now, I meditate at night before bed mostly. Not long. Maybe 5 minutes or so. I do listen to about an hours worth of podcasts and audio books per day. And I try to listen to, or read, "How to Win Friends and Influence People" about once per year.

Two other big names that helped break my scarcity mindset - Jordan Belfort and Grant Cardone.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Thanks for posting this, I needed to hear it at the moment. I'm not big into meditation but I checked out the Ian Stanley stuff and really enjoyed it. Short and sweet.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Absolutley love this and agree with everything 100%. Our minds are our greatest limiter in life. The great thing is, we have full control over it and can change it in an instant with the right tools.

So glad you posted an update Sal and glad to hear the ERC & PE stuff is going well for you!

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

A house on my block was remodeled and put up for sale for $900k. I walked by and thought, wow $900k is alot for that house. It sold for $950k. I thought, wow, that guy overpaid.

The new owner immediately gutted the house and started renovations on the home. I thought, wow, he paid $50k over asking and just tore it up. He began to re-remodel it and I thought he was crazy. 6 months later, he put it up for sale for $1.4M. I thought, wow that's crazy. 2 months later it sold for $1.44M, $40k over asking.

My brain was not seeing a $1.44M house even when the house was asking $900k. It was just blind to it. But someone else saw something that I didn't and proved me wrong. This changed how I think about how real estate is valued. I go by comps in the past. This owner obviously was thinking about the future.

I'm house hunting and I'm doing this exact same thing with real estate. I looked at a house this weekend for $1.1M. I tell my wife that it's insane to pay $1.1M for a house like that but it will go for $100k over asking for sure.

Real estate over here shows no sign of slowing down but I feel that bubble has to pop at some point.
Absolutley love this and agree with everything 100%. Our minds are our greatest limiter in life. The great thing is, we have full control over it and can change it in an instant with the right tools.

So glad you posted an update Sal and glad to hear the ERC & PE stuff is going well for you!

Miss you bro

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
@Likwid24 - thanks for sharing the wisdom you've discovered on your unfolding journey. Upgraded to GOLD.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I'm house hunting and I'm doing this exact same thing with real estate. I looked at a house this weekend for $1.1M. I tell my wife that it's insane to pay $1.1M for a house like that but it will go for $100k over asking for sure.

Real estate over here shows no sign of slowing down but I feel that bubble has to pop at some point.
Bro you should see Toronto.

You’d be lucky to even find a house for a million bucks. And even then it would be max 1,200 sq ft.

Canada would have to build 3.5 million houses by 2030, were only doing like 250k a year.

I’ve said in one of my previous posts, it’s insane.

A neighbour bought their house for 1.5 million, 3000 sq ft.

Now it’s worth 3 million.

Now you might think the RE market would just crash, if it does then the whole country will collapse.
No signs of Canada calming down:rofl:

Haya_Verbena

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 13, 2023
Amazing wisdom. Reading this makes me realize just how much of a scarcity mindset I have too, time to get working on that.

I always hear a similar saying along the lines of, "You are the sum of the 5 people closest to you". As someone just starting to figure out their Fastlane journey and am surrounded by similarly scarcity minded people, do you have any tips for an introvert on meeting and befriending people who will put you on the right direction?

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Amazing wisdom. Reading this makes me realize just how much of a scarcity mindset I have too, time to get working on that.

I always hear a similar saying along the lines of, "You are the sum of the 5 people closest to you". As someone just starting to figure out their Fastlane journey and am surrounded by similarly scarcity minded people, do you have any tips for an introvert on meeting and befriending people who will put you on the right direction?

Yes. This is easy. Attend seminars, meetups and similar events.

For me, it all started when I attended my first "Beer and Pancakes" meetup, which was the original fastlane forum meetup.

I met a bunch of like minded individuals who have become friends for life.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY

benjamin.matulis

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 12, 2023
Canada
Thank you so much for this helpful post! For you to write such a long text and to have the opportunity to use this time on so many other things but you chose to give us this kind of advice. I'm so grateful.
Many people will benefit from this thread in the future and it will help me as well.
Appreciate your recommendation for the money tree meditation, I'm starting to do it everyday now!
Keep on going brother, hope you make it to 8 figure income smoothly!

John D.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 26, 2016

This was an amazing read Sal, thank you for writing this!

I've been dealing with a scarcity mindset for the longest time and your post spurred me to start actively working on my mindset again.

Ian Stanley is one hilarious dude - I love his email advice but I've always found his guided meditations cheesy. This is the second time I hear someone recommending them... so I'll definitely give them a try.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015

Unpopular opinion incoming...

Whilst it's great for profit, what you described is the cancer that is killing the Western world, unless my 12-year-old grows up to be a deca-millionaire, or I manage to buy a house and leave it to her, there is zero chance she'll be able to afford a house.

There are entire neighbourhoods in London owned by French bankers and Russian oligarchs, none of the houses are occupied and are constantly up for sale, whereby new owners do exactly what you describe above.

It's the most detrimental element of capitalism, homes disappear and in their place property springs up, The difference being one is for living in and the other an investment vehicle.

I don't usually agree with Chinese social policies, but the one I think they've got right, is the restriction they put on second homeowners, you can't charge more than 10% of your mortgage in rent, therefore people don't buy to rent, which keeps the property prices down and normal people can afford to live in places bigger than a shoebox.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I knew that before I even read your post, based on your body of commentary posted here over the years.

In short, his post was meant for you. But you immediately dismissed it, as expected.

You're committed to being a victim, to not changing anything in your headspace, while...

I don't usually agree with Chinese social policies, but the one I think they've got right,

...your hopes and dreams are pegged on political, coercive, socialistic power. Yes, housing prices are insane (problem) but the solution isn't found in the policies of the CCP.

unless my 12-year-old grows up to be a deca-millionaire, or I manage to buy a house and leave it to her, there is zero chance she'll be able to afford a house.

I feel sorry for your daughter who has such a defeatist father who has given up his agency, and his power to choose.

And here I thought this place was called, "The Fastlane Forum" where entrepreneurs take control over their life-- not the last-stage capitalism sub-Reddit where everyone has given up, and everyone is to blame.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Is it the mindset that produced your current success, or your success that produced the mindset?

Most people underestimate the impact their experiences have on how they think.

I compare myself this year vs last. I made as much money this year already as I made for the past 2.

I’m a lot more gracious than I used to be, and I take offense a lot less often. Two years ago if I had someone miss a payment, I’d literarily hunt them down with my lawyers and drag them to court to get the money I was owed back. Now, I’m a lot more forgiving, and had times this year when I just couldn’t be bothered and prefered to end the relationship rather than get my legal team involved with people who are dishonest in business.

Is it because I needed the money last year, but I don’t this year? I don’t think so. I’d chase someone down with lawyers in court even if I would lose money in the process just to make a point before… So what is it?

Wealth makes many people more forgiving, more open minded, more abundant in how they think. It’s only natural. It would mean you’re unaware of reality if you made $100K/mo relatively easily and yet thought that $10K is a lot of money.

I personally think mindset is bullshit, and it’s just a cope that many of the wealthy use to justify why they’re wealthy (and really, ultimately, why they’re better than others). I’ve met wealthy people with 100% scarcity mindsets — everything was war and conflict to them. And also the opposite. So while I agree that mindset is related to happiness (someone with a scarcity mindset is unlikely to feel good), I disagree that mindset is related to wealth. So long as you do the right things, you will make money — regardless of what you think and what you feel.

Also, wealth isn’t related directly related to morality or being a good person. Many terrible people become very wealthy, simply because they do those things which mathematically lead to wealth.

If this post resonates with you, read more here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...out-changing-your-thoughts-or-mindset.106227/

Last edited:

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Is it the mindset that produced your current success, or your success that produced the mindset?

Most people underestimate the impact their experiences have on how they think.

I compare myself this year vs last. I made as much money this year already as I made for the past 2.

I’m a lot more gracious than I used to be, and I take offense a lot less often. Two years ago if I had someone miss a payment, I’d literarily hunt them down with my lawyers and drag them to court to get the money I was owed back. Now, I’m a lot more forgiving, and had times this year when I just couldn’t be bothered and prefered to end the relationship rather than get my legal team involved with people who are dishonest in business.

Is it because I needed the money last year, but I don’t this year? I don’t think so. I’d chase someone down with lawyers in court even if I would lose money in the process just to make a point before… So what is it?

Wealth makes many people more forgiving, more open minded, more abundant in how they think. It’s only natural. It would mean you’re unaware of reality if you made $100K/mo relatively easily and yet thought that $10K is a lot of money.

I personally think mindset is bullshit, and it’s just a cope that many of the wealthy use to justify why they’re wealthy (and really, ultimately, why they’re better than others). I’ve met wealthy people with 100% scarcity mindsets — everything was war and conflict to them. And also the opposite. So while I agree that mindset is related to happiness (someone with a scarcity mindset is unlikely to feel good), I disagree that mindset is related to wealth. So long as you do the right things, you will make money — regardless of what you think and what you feel.

Also, wealth isn’t related directly related to morality or being a good person. Many terrible people become very wealthy, simply because they do those things which mathematically lead to wealth.

If this post resonates with you, read more here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...out-changing-your-thoughts-or-mindset.106227/

My mindset produced my financial success. 100% fact. If I didn't change my mindset about money, I would be nowhere near where I am today. In fact, I may have just given up and went back to my job full time.

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying. I'm not talking about a positive or negative mindset, which seems to be what you are using in the examples.

It has zero to do with happiness.

It has zero to do with morality.

You can be miserable but have an abundance mindset towards money and be wealthy. You can be the happiest person on the planet and be broke.

It has to do with scarcity and abundance related towards money. Not thinking you're worthy, not thinking this enough money in the world, etc.

It has to do with changing your mindset in relation to how you think of money.

Once this changed for me, everything changed for me.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023

Whilst it's great for profit, what you described is the cancer that is killing the Western world, unless my 12-year-old grows up to be a deca-millionaire, or I manage to buy a house and leave it to her, there is zero chance she'll be able to afford a house.
Why can’t you be the one to take care of that burden for your daughter?

If I was in your shoes, that’s something that would motivate me to succeed.

I wouldn’t blame it on others or pray on luck.

Maybe instead of doing nothing, aim to make enough to help your daughter get her first house..

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
It has to do with scarcity and abundance related towards money. Not thinking you're worthy, not thinking this enough money in the world, etc.

It has to do with changing your mindset in relation to how you think of money.

Once this changed for me, everything changed for me.
I see what you mean and I’m happy it worked for you. For myself, I’ve never thought of myself as worthy of wealth, but that has never stopped me from seeking and doing my fair share of acquiring wealth. When I first saw a guy wearing a Rolex at a restaurant I was jealous, and I thought “how come this retarded looking prick wears a Rolex”? When I got one too, it stung less, though I’d still be annoyed if I saw someone I considered stupid as wealthy.

There are world champion boxers for example, who become the best, although they don’t feel they deserve it and experience a lot of negative emotions in the process. For example Tyson Fury.

Success has little to do with your mindset. Maybe you perceived mindset as being important to you and correlated to your success, but if what you are saying were true universally, then people like myself and Tyson Fury would be impossible. And yet, here we are.

One reason why I love MJ’s book is that it makes success objective rather than rah rah you can do it if you believe you can hype. The wealth equation: sell low value to millions or high value to a few. That’s what produces wealth. Mindset is irrelevant, if that wealth equation isn’t met, you don’t make any dough, regardless of how “abundant” your mindset about money is.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
I see what you mean and I’m happy it worked for you. For myself, I’ve never thought of myself as worthy of wealth, but that has never stopped me from seeking and doing my fair share of acquiring wealth. When I first saw a guy wearing a Rolex at a restaurant I was jealous, and I thought “how come this retarded looking prick wears a Rolex”? When I got one too, it stung less, though I’d still be annoyed if I saw someone I considered stupid as wealthy.

There are world champion boxers for example, who become the best, although they don’t feel they deserve it and experience a lot of negative emotions in the process. For example Tyson Fury.

Success has little to do with your mindset. Maybe you perceived mindset as being important to you and correlated to your success, but if what you are saying were true universally, then people like myself and Tyson Fury would be impossible. And yet, here we are.

One reason why I love MJ’s book is that it makes success objective rather than rah rah you can do it if you believe you can hype. The wealth equation: sell low value to millions or high value to a few. That’s what produces wealth. Mindset is irrelevant, if that wealth equation isn’t met, you don’t make any dough, regardless of how “abundant” your mindset about money is.

I think your meaning of "Mindset" is different than what most people. You are thinking of mindset as only being positive and negative or having a positive and negative life.

I can't say i know your "mindset" or Tyson Fury's because I don't know you personally but I'm sure you have the drive to succeed which is part of your mindset. Drive is a major factor.

99% of the people in this world are "worker bees" because they don't have the mindset to be an entrepreneur. I would say a large percentage of them would say they are happy, or positive. The rest are unhappy or negative.

However, the entire group doesn't have the mindset to be an entrepreneur, or to make money.

You either have it or you don't. However, if you don't, it's possible for a percentage of people who don't, to train their mind to think differently.

I think success has everything to do with your mindset. If Tyson Fury had the mindset that he couldn't fight or stand up to the best, he would have never gotten in the ring.

I'm sure if you didn't have the mindset to think you can do what you are doing, you wouldn't be successful either.

Some people need the mental training and some don't.

Just like everything in life, there are exceptions to the rule and maybe you're that exception in this case.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Thank you for posing this, Likwid! It's pure gold. Started listening to Ian's meditation a couple of days ago.

If you don't mind, I'd like to share a couple of good mindset resources:

1. This 21 day abundance challenge -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bbHZusVgw0&t=261s

2. The Success Principles Workbook
(author Jack Canfield says you can double your income in 2 years or less if you study and apply it)

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Yes because it’s literally the opposite of the title of this thread. In your mind there are not enough homes or money for everyone.

There are entire neighbourhoods in London owned by French bankers and Russian oligarchs, none of the houses are occupied and are constantly up for sale, whereby new owners do exactly what you describe above.
So the person bought it and improved it and resold it. What’s wrong with that?

It's the most detrimental element of capitalism, homes disappear and in their place property springs up, The difference being one is for living in and the other an investment vehicle.
The home is the same. It’s still a house. I don’t understand your point here. I have no idea if the person that paid $1.4m is living there or not.

Are you saying the home should have stayed at $900k? Is the person that bought and flipped at $1.4m the bad guy? Or is it the person that paid $1.4m?

I don't usually agree with Chinese social policies, but the one I think they've got right, is the restriction they put on second homeowners, you can't charge more than 10% of your mortgage in rent, therefore people don't buy to rent, which keeps the property prices down and normal people can afford to live in places bigger than a shoebox.
FYI, there’s no way the person that paid $1.4m is making a good ROI on the home. That home would prob rent for $7000/mo.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.