The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I thought about it quite a lot but going by the values of fastlane with adding a lot of value up front I posted this over at Reddit...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Entreprene..._design_only_started_in_jan_this_year_making/

The response seems really good which is nice but there are a few doubters which is to be expected. I knew a while back that people would be able to figure out my business and website from the info posted here so I stopped posting out to new jobs in case I ever got "doxxed". As people have already linked to my company over there I though I might as well share so earlier jobs of mine here:

http://joincanada.com/

http://versys.ca/

http://mcnishsteel.com/

As I have done more teaching and seen the result people have been getting I have wanted to get into it more and more. Its really satisfying and I like giving peoples the tools to go make money for themselves. I always looked up to people who did this when I started and its nice to turn around and help back out. I am not sure what direction I will go in yet but I would like to offer some sort of service for those who really want to go big with this in the future. At the same time its been great to help this many people so far and I have no fear of moving forward in this direction. There is no shortage of bad websites and people who need help, web moves so fast that in a few years all these websites will be out of date agin anyway. MJ himself was doing web design years back and the industry is still going.

if someone does check out my personal websites from the above links go easy on me! I don't use it for sales and it is probably my worst website haha. I badly need to update it but since its not really part of my sales strategy I have let it go for far too long.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
I thought about it quite a lot but going by the values of fastlane with adding a lot of value up front I posted this over at Reddit...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Entreprene..._design_only_started_in_jan_this_year_making/

The response seems really good which is nice but there are a few doubters which is to be expected. I knew a while back that people would be able to figure out my business and website from the info posted here so I stopped posting out to new jobs in case I ever got "doxxed". As people have already linked to my company over there I though I might as well share so earlier jobs of mine here:

As I have done more teaching and seen the result people have been getting I have wanted to get into it more and more. Its really satisfying and I like giving peoples the tools to go make money for themselves. I always looked up to people who did this when I started and its nice to turn around and help back out. I am not sure what direction I will go in yet but I would like to offer some sort of service for those who really want to go big with this in the future. At the same time its been great to help this many people so far and I have no fear of moving forward in this direction. There is no shortage of bad websites and people who need help, web moves so fast that in a few years all these websites will be out of date agin anyway. MJ himself was doing web design years back and the industry is still going.

if someone does check out my personal websites from the above links go easy on me! I don't use it for sales and it is probably my worst website haha. I badly need to update it but since its not really part of my sales strategy I have let it go for far too long.

Thanks
came across this reddit post 5 minutes before this post. Amazing post fox, glad it's blowing up! It's also really awesome that you've shared your past work. Few people do that (understandable) and can help people envision what they need to work on.

One thing, do you offer a percentage of the sale to referees? It seems like instead of offering money for a referral they're so satisfied with the product that they refer you anyways.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
came across this reddit post 5 minutes before this post. Amazing post fox, glad it's blowing up! It's also really awesome that you've shared your past work. Few people do that (understandable) and can help people envision what they need to work on.

One thing, do you offer a percentage of the sale to referees? It seems like instead of offering money for a referral they're so satisfied with the product that they refer you anyways.

Thanks.

For my sales guys 15-25%

For clients I offer to do some extra work for free or give them a 10% kick back. They usually take the work option.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Thanks
It just goes to prove that you don't need a website to make sales, even when you're in the business of making websites...

Good work Mr Fox.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
It just goes to prove that you don't need a website to make sales, even when you're in the business of making websites...

Good work Mr Fox.

Ha very true. A good example of this is Conor McGregor (UFC fighter). His website is pretty average and its always months out of date.

http://conormcgregor.com/

His fight record on his website is three fights behind (nearly a year) and its not updated. Guy is worth 40-60 million. But its not where he makes his money and it isn't that important in the direction he is going.
Same for me, put focus on where gets results and growth. I learned that right from you @Andy Black.

i don't make money building my website, I make money building others. That being said I really do need to upgrade it and me and my top sales guy ahve been going over some new concepts. I need to get my results up there with my testimonials/reviews.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks.

For my sales guys 15-25%

For clients I offer to do some extra work for free or give them a 10% kick back. They usually take the work option.

Have you thought of offering a 10% off voucher for whoever they refer to you?

That way they don't feel like sales people but have a gift in their hands that they *want* to give to someone.

A 10% kickback for convincing my parents to switch broadband provider wouldn't make me suggest it to them. Having a special 10% discount voucher code that would save *them* money would make me want to tell them about it.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Have you thought of offering a 10% off voucher for whoever they refer to you?

That way they don't feel like sales people but have a gift in their hands that they *want* to give to someone.

A 10% kickback for convincing my parents to switch broadband provider wouldn't make me suggest it to them. Having a special 10% discount voucher code that would save *them* money would make me want to tell them about it.

Ya I could see what working great. Thanks.

Looks like the reddit will break 1,000 up votes which is pretty cool.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Skimmed the Reddit thread. Good God. Some dude is sh*t at sales so therefore you must be talking BS?! I like helping people but not if it means having to engage with morons. Fair play to you fox. I wouldn't have the patience for Reddit.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Skimmed the Reddit thread. Good God. Some dude is sh*t at sales so therefore you must be talking BS?! I like helping people but not if it means having to engage with morons. Fair play to you fox. I wouldn't have the patience for Reddit.
For sure, I used to browse Reddit and use it for my own entrepreneur advice before I came here. They're so negative and self centered to the point that they will spend their energy to discredit you instead of looking at what they need to improve in their businesses.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I've been at the gym for two hours, I couldn't answer all the questions. I got a few texts so must be some drama over there. I'll check it out soon lol

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
Some guy was talking about how it must be bs because he had been doing web design for years and is too scared to work on anyone's site from fear of incompetence. He'll go nowhere with that mindset. Why bother learning all of that and not put it to use.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Hi @Fox regarding those sales people from the PM, would you mind posting it ?

Thanks

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hi @Fox regarding those sales people from the PM, would you mind posting it ?

Thanks

If I remember this question was on how to find sales people.

Look for well connected and respect people that deal a lot with companies already. Maybe a natural extrovert, maybe someone in an outgoing (front desk) kind of position, maybe someone who already has an established network. Approach them and tell them what you do and show them your results. They need to be confident you can deliver but they don't have to be code people. Set up a % and leave them off. All they have to do is direct people your way, they don't even have to close. One guy got me a lead on this thread and made like $1300 off a few minutes work. I am not saying that I want people to do that but you can see how its a good deal for you sales guys (and you).

If you give lots of value and do good work people will be happy to promote you and work with you.

This is just one method for getting more sales too.

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
You definitely have a lot more patience than I do. :D I cant stand reddit r/entrepreneur. The vast majority of them (im subscribed) have a very different mindset than this forum. Super negative..oh, i cant do it so youre a liar. Post your website, post your numbers, who's your supplier? absolutely absurd questions because they take it all, they find out all your personal info and F*ck you over in the end. JasonR on this forum had a successful thing going before he posted on reddit and people found out way more about him than they should and destroyed his business.

Im sure there are some good people on there but the vast majority is not. You can tell by the votes, they upvote anything in the title that claims I make $X per month doing Y, I made $x over y months, and they eat it up and then want every single piece of your process. Downvotes if you dont include your personal site.

Maybe only the serious ones will join the fb group, props for dealing with them lol

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
JasonR on this forum had a successful thing going before he posted on reddit and people found out way more about him than they should and destroyed his business.

Damn, thats scary stuff. Thats why if you go on a huge social media platform, you gotta make sure you still have an edge and keep your "secret sauce" hidden from the public. I get it if you want to share your experiences and help others deal with their business issues. However, there are a lot of leeches out there that will grab the low hanging fruit in your pie so I would say be wary of what you share on Reddit. I haven't seen anything critical but if you lower the barrier to entry for a lot of people, chances are you'll flood the market and drown your own opportunities.

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Damn, thats scary stuff. Thats why if you go on a huge social media platform, you gotta make sure you still have an edge and keep your "secret sauce" hidden from the public. I get it if you want to share your experiences and help others deal with their business issues. However, there are a lot of leeches out there that will grab the low hanging fruit in your pie so I would say be wary of what you share on Reddit. I haven't seen anything critical but if you lower the barrier to entry for a lot of people, chances are you'll flood the market and drown your own opportunities.
That's why I feel like unless you want to potentially ditch your business, your work, agency etc and go strictly the teaching route, I'm more cautious and private about things I post especially on Reddit. Those guys find out everything haha

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
You definitely have a lot more patience than I do. :D I cant stand reddit r/entrepreneur. The vast majority of them (im subscribed) have a very different mindset than this forum. Super negative..oh, i cant do it so youre a liar. Post your website, post your numbers, who's your supplier? absolutely absurd questions because they take it all, they find out all your personal info and F*ck you over in the end. JasonR on this forum had a successful thing going before he posted on reddit and people found out way more about him than they should and destroyed his business.

Im sure there are some good people on there but the vast majority is not. You can tell by the votes, they upvote anything in the title that claims I make $X per month doing Y, I made $x over y months, and they eat it up and then want every single piece of your process. Downvotes if you dont include your personal site.

Maybe only the serious ones will join the fb group, props for dealing with them lol

ha ya its been a funny day. I think 90% of it is positive. I don't see this flooding the market since it is actually tough work. Its nothing "cool" like Instagram marketing or some other quick buck. People have to go talk face to face with large businesses and breakdown why they should work with them. Most won't do it and most wont be able to do it. I hope a select few though are interested and we can work together to push either other. I have reached out to some big names in my industry and not many people are keen to mastermind. So I am trying to build it myself.

I am looking at coaching though too. People are getting good results and I enjoy it. If I can produce some sort of course or program that adds a lot of value then I will do that also. For now I am just seeing what happens. I don't care too much what people find out. I approach companies directly and everything I do is above board. I could see why it is not suitable for a lot of businesses though. There is other stuff I do that I would definitely not mention on any forum.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
Two questions:

Have you run into someone who didn't know there database passwords etc. to change the files? If so what did you do?

Also, could you describe a little more on how you see the change in performance of their site (sales, leads, quotes, etc)? Do you just call em up and ask or what? Thanks!

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
LOL at ??? > Profit

Mine would look something like:

• Cold call / email / referral
  • Talk on phone (investigate need and company vision) ***lots of questions***
  • Do up project plan (email) and quote ***lots of solutions***
  • 50% deposit
  • Do job
  • Show client
  • Any changes
  • Host fully
  • 50% final fee
  • Repeat
I don't do mockups or wireframes. I work with clients who trust me. Most are too busy anyway and don't know what they want.
That is part of my value add - it gets done with minimal effort from the client. The only thing that gets changed 99% of the time is content.

Your question on how to design and build is quite a large topic, I don't think I could answer that here. Thats the magic ;)

Firstt--- For someone just starting out with getting paying clients... where people don't know that you are a business and charge real $$$: How do you typically transition from a cold call / email / talking on the phone *free* consultation to talking about pricing smoothly? IE. Giving all this free value up front in terms of what they could do better, learning about their business telling how you can help - when do you bring up the fact that you 100% intend to charge the client?

Second --- For trying to do work for free to build up a portfolio would you be 100% honest in saying "that you build great ressponsive websites for XYZ reason to help with XYZ... but while I do, I don't have much *hard* proof of my experience in working for clients. I'm starting an agency and looking to build a professional portfolio and as such am interested redesigning your site for *free*?

Thanks again!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Two questions:

Have you run into someone who didn't know there database passwords etc. to change the files? If so what did you do?

Also, could you describe a little more on how you see the change in performance of their site (sales, leads, quotes, etc)? Do you just call em up and ask or what? Thanks!

- I figure it out for them, always be looking to do more. It happens sometimes. If its a previous developer I will call on their behalf and get the detaisl, I have grilled some for being sneaky and trying to hold on to them.

- Mostly call back and check in. I like to have an ongoing relationship.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Firstt--- For someone just starting out with getting paying clients... where people don't know that you are a business and charge real $$$: How do you typically transition from a cold call / email / talking on the phone *free* consultation to talking about pricing smoothly? IE. Giving all this free value up front in terms of what they could do better, learning about their business telling how you can help - when do you bring up the fact that you 100% intend to charge the client?

Second --- For trying to do work for free to build up a portfolio would you be 100% honest in saying "that you build great responsive websites for XYZ reason to help with XYZ... but while I do, I don't have much *hard* proof of my experience in working for clients. I'm starting an agency and looking to build a professional portfolio and as such am interested redesigning your site for *free*?

Thanks again!

- I tell them I will think about it and go off an d do a quote for them. usually we discuss a range of prices first and I get a feel for where they are at. if stuck ask them right out "what kind of budget do you have to work on this?""

- Free is tricky because people don't value it. Sometimes its easier to just charge less. ya I usually tell them my plan right up front, I will do this and then when you have results I will use it to get other sites, you get it all for free though since you have to trust me. You always have "one" site you can show them though even if its just a website from a learning course or even your own. Show them something if at all possible.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Some big lessons the last few weeks have been that to reach "the next level" its not code, outsourcing or time holding me back. Its persuasion.

I need to focus more on learning copy, sales and the fine art of persuasion. Bot just for the websites, but for all areas. I have been overlooking it on my sales and marketing for a long time and it needs to be improved on.

@SinisterLex has helped a lot with his huge posts on here, and I have been messaging him way too much ha, also @IceCreamKid epic posts too.

Reading for the next few weeks will be copy material and I have been paying more attention to people who teach and share great material on this subject. I think Lex's training is full for now (?) but I think once someone gets into this they should be paying attention to copy and persuasion from a very early stage. I have always said sales is a huge part but I am now seeing that sales isn't just the sale, its all parts of how you run and operate a business.

Snoophek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Oct 8, 2016
Reading for the next few weeks will be copy material

I'm no expert, but you would definitely like to check out Go-Givers Sell More. Both are quite short, but powerful books. Also the two absolute classics: 48 Laws of Power and Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. They're not directly about persuading or selling, but I believe you can benefit greatly from reading them(if you haven't already). Good luck!

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
To @Fox and anyone with experience - would appreciate serious (and harsh as needed) criticism on a cold email template (anonymized) in effort to do a free website for someone for portfolio/credibility. Granted, no cold calls have been done just emails. No responses have been had yet. Questions are around:

1) Feedback on template/cold email itself
2) Next steps from here - email again, just call if there is no answer even if you have to get past a gatekeeper?

Thanks!
-------

Hi XXX,

My name is XXX, I've recently started a Web Development agency and one of our focuses is set to be construction and construction management. In researching top companies in the space, I came across your company - XXX. I reach out solely to quality businesses that I believe in and that I know I can help.

I'm interested in revamping and updating your website (domain name here) to improve your online sales/lead generation, increase user experience, and improve your company's online image. Here are some examples of things that I believe can be improved:

1. Complete revamp and modernizing of the design and look
2. Dramatically improve user "flow"
3. Bring to life your amazing experience across $XXX+ million in projects including the XXX project
4. Include customer testimonials where we can to boost site credibility even further!
5. Cut unnecessary information where we can
6. Higher quality and better blending of logo into site background
7. More seemingly minor tweaks that make a large difference.

This whole revamp can be done in less than 2 weeks. As I am looking to build a portfolio of website development projects done for high quality businesses for my new agency, I would enjoy the opportunity to work on this project for free.

I'd like to set up a consultation phone call to discuss your business further and work through what you'd really like to see in your website design. Does this XXXX, 12/X, at 8:00am, 12:30pm or 6:00pm work for you?

Looking forward to speaking soon. Feel free to call my number below at any time.

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
To @Fox and anyone with experience - would appreciate serious (and harsh as needed) criticism on a cold email template (anonymized) in effort to do a free website for someone for portfolio/credibility. Granted, no cold calls have been done just emails. No responses have been had yet. Questions are around:

1) Feedback on template/cold email itself
2) Next steps from here - email again, just call if there is no answer even if you have to get past a gatekeeper?

Thanks!
-------

Hi XXX,

My name is XXX, I've recently started a Web Development agency and one of our focuses is set to be construction and construction management. In researching top companies in the space, I came across your company - XXX. I reach out solely to quality businesses that I believe in and that I know I can help.

I'm interested in revamping and updating your website (domain name here) to improve your online sales/lead generation, increase user experience, and improve your company's online image. Here are some examples of things that I believe can be improved:

1. Complete revamp and modernizing of the design and look
2. Dramatically improve user "flow"
3. Bring to life your amazing experience across $XXX+ million in projects including the XXX project
4. Include customer testimonials where we can to boost site credibility even further!
5. Cut unnecessary information where we can
6. Higher quality and better blending of logo into site background
7. More seemingly minor tweaks that make a large difference.

This whole revamp can be done in less than 2 weeks. As I am looking to build a portfolio of website development projects done for high quality businesses for my new agency, I would enjoy the opportunity to work on this project for free.

I'd like to set up a consultation phone call to discuss your business further and work through what you'd really like to see in your website design. Does this XXXX, 12/X, at 8:00am, 12:30pm or 6:00pm work for you?

Looking forward to speaking soon. Feel free to call my number below at any time.

I'm no expert, but you referred to yourself eight times in your first three sentences.

;)

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
I'm no expert, but you referred to yourself eight times in your first three sentences.

;)
I've done many cold emails in other situations and generally found that if the person doesn't know you whatsoever, a short introduction makes sense at the beginning to set the stage.

Maybe it doesn't in this scenario and I'm wrong.

Interested in hearing other feedback on that.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I've done many cold emails in other situations and generally found that if the person doesn't know you whatsoever, a short introduction makes sense at the beginning to set the stage.

Maybe it doesn't in this scenario and I'm wrong.

I read the email and would put it in the spam folder myself, I'm not even sure why myself.. .too long, too plain, etc.. However, Email Is a good way to try and send a mass-email to a whole bunch of people and hope there will be at least one response and that might be a maybe and the answer will always be in limbo. I think a good solid phonecall would be better to grab people's attention

Being deaf myself, I thought about taking the email route but the reality is when you send out an email you don't know if you can cross off anybody off the list of potential clients. I think you would be better off trying to write up a script and sticking with your phone and dialing up possible leads, from what I'm hearing cold calling is at a 1% success rate which is pretty good if you ask me. Call 20 times per day, 5x a week and you have a good chance of getting one consumer. Even FOX resorted to cold calls in the beginning. so, pick up that phone and start dialing

Snoophek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Oct 8, 2016

You will benefit greatly from reading @SinisterLex 15Days. It's all about Y.O.U focus.

To be honest I didn't read your whole email and most likely other people won't do it too. Please just realise that nobody cares about you, what you do and what is your experience. People want results and your job is to convince them you can give them the results.

My name is XXX, I've recently started a Web Development agency and one of our focuses is set to be construction and construction management.

What did you intend with this sentence? It's like masturbation.

People do not care about your agency. However, they DO care if you can deliver a great product(a website in your case).

Check out this thread by SinisterLex, it's a goldmine!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
People do not care about your agency. However, they DO care if you can deliver a great product(a website in your case).

This, and you gotta appeal to them like you're a human being with a solution just like them... Rather than a depressed person sitting in a call center.. no wonder those people never really get sales..

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
@jpanarra , @Snoophek - thank you for the awesome feedback. Seems like I wasn't taking the best approach and the positive is there is a lot of room for improvement. Going to review the SinisterLex post, drastically change up the email structure to be "YOU" focused, and also start working on cold *calls* instead.

I completely see where you guys are coming from when I read it from the perspective of a business owner that just cares about results. Should have done that first!

Thanks again!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.