The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I’m 15 what skills should I learn

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
What skills do people think I should learn for a life of entrepreneurship, not just montisible skills but also just stuff that would help me in life for networking ect.. (not excluding montisble skills though)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Spotting problems = this is where you come up with ideas

Solving problems = this is where you create value

Marketing and sales = how you make money from it

Systems and leverage = how you get more money from your idea

Self management = how you stay in the game and continue to level up

Of course there are other skills too, but if you are decent in these areas you can do really well. (And I kinda did them in the rough order to learn also).

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Learn the skill of getting people to put money in your pocket.

You can only learn this through taking real action.

Go out there and try to make $20. And then once you can do that, try making $50, then $100, then $500, $1000, $5000, etc.

You’ll end up with a business/side hustle you can grow, tons of cash, and all the skills you need to succeed in business

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
Spotting problems = this is where you come up with ideas

Solving problems = this is where you create value

Marketing and sales = how you make money from it

Systems and leverage = how you get more money from your idea

Self management = how you stay in the game and continue to level up

Of course there are other skills too, but if you are decent in these areas you can do really well. (And I kinda did them in the rough order to learn also).
Great advice thanks for it, what skills do you think I should learn if I want to start a online business, could you be a bit more specific with marketing which types of marketing do you think I should really focus my young years studying

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
691%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Great advice thanks for it, what skills do you think I should learn if I want to start a online business, could you be a bit more specific with marketing which types of marketing do you think I should really focus my young years studying

Marketing is downstream from knowing what you are solving.

Start with looking for the biggest problems you can solve first.

Learning to market something won't make sense until you actually have something to market.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
What skills do people think I should learn for a life of entrepreneurship, not just montisible skills but also just stuff that would help me in life for networking ect.. (not excluding montisble skills though)
You're 15? Toastmasters. Should help a lot with networking and sales later on.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This subject was brought up in this call:

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Apr 12, 2012
A lot of great tips were posted already.

I would recommend learning how to set good goals and then achieving them in a disciplined way.

Choose a goal that you have an intrinsic motivation for and use for example the following framework to make the goal happen: Ray Dalio's 5 Step Process (To Getting What You Want Out Of Life)

Start small and as you succeed in achieving your goals set bigger and bigger goals.

Also, start only with 1 goal at the beginning.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
At age 15 you should get at least decently good in math, it opens door to STEM degrees or studying hard subjects in the future.

You don’t necessarily need to be a geek to be a millionaire/billionaire, but the long term trend is still that the doors of making boat load of money opening fast food chains or cleaning services is slowly going to be harder and harder.

Life will be easier when you do something that has a higher entry barrier.

There are a lot of people in the world with raw grit and mind power but little ability to differentiate themselves (ability to delve into complex stuffs). It is going to a hell of gladiator fight to win in that race.

Even today 90 percent of the billionaires today, behaved and talked look like some phd geeks.

15-20 years ago people joked about geeks taking high pay working for school drop-out bosses who have more balls and drive. That was true for the older generation of bosses. Not so true today, and not likely very wrong in the future.

Last edited:

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
At age 15 you should get at least decently good in math, it opens door to STEM degrees or studying hard subjects in the future.

You don’t necessarily need to be a geek to be a millionaire/billionaire, but the long term trend is still that the doors of making boat load of money opening fast food chains or cleaning services is slowly going to be harder and harder.

Life will be easier when you do something that has a higher entry barrier.

There are a lot of people in the world with raw grit and mind power but little ability to differentiate themselves (ability to delve into complex stuffs). It is going to a hell of gladiator fight to win in that race.

Even today 90 percent of the billionaires today, behaved and talked look like some phd geeks.

15-20 years ago people joked about geeks taking high pay working for school drop-out bosses who have more balls and drive. That was true for the older generation of bosses. Not so true today, and not likely very wrong in the future.
Would you say being and engineer has a lot of potential to help build a fastlane business (im already into microcontrollers and 3d printers )

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Good advice given so far. I will add these 2 points:

Learn the skill of asking good questions. "What skills should I learn" is an ok question but "Who am I capable of helping today" is a better one that gets you results faster.

Then learn the skill of finding answers. Too many entrepreneurs let "I don't know" stop them.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Would you say being and engineer has a lot of potential to help build a fastlane business (im already into microcontrollers and 3d printers )
You don’t have to make the decision at age 15 on studying engineering but math is the building block for most fields with high entry barrier.

Even a “soft science” like biology if you read and research paper you have to understand basic experimental design and statistics.

No need to be a math wizard but a requirement to get decently good to be comfortable working with number.

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
Good advice given so far. I will add these 2 points:

Learn the skill of asking good questions. "What skills should I learn" is an ok question but "Who am I capable of helping today" is a better one that gets you results faster.

Then learn the skill of finding answers. Too many entrepreneurs let "I don't know" stop them.
What do you mean by capable of helping like being a nice guy helping people around town or looking for problems and trying to solve them-Also do you know any skills like coding, web design ect… that I could use later in life to open doors for more potential business opportunities

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What do you mean by capable of helping like being a nice guy helping people around town or looking for problems and trying to solve them-Also do you know any skills like coding, web design ect… that I could use later in life to open doors for more potential business opportunities

Yes.

Just in case you need me to say more, yes to all of your questions.

What I think, or what we on the forum think, really doesn't matter. What matters is what do you think? What path do you want to choose for your life?

The first step on the path entrepreneurship is deciding for yourself.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
You shall learn communication skills. These are always useful and non-negotiable really. You not only need to be able to understand a concept but also communicate it to other people. A lot of times in life, your competence in other skills can be capped by the level of your communication. And that can be a big restraining factor.

The second skill is to learn how to learn. This skill is equally important because in life you need to develop skills and learn new things all the time. It just never ends, and education actually starts after high school or university.

So, start with these two and continue from there. After these two, learn the skills that will solve your next problem in life.

Lochlan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 9, 2023
Yes.

Just in case you need me to say more, yes to all of your questions.

What I think, or what we on the forum think, really doesn't matter. What matters is what do you think? What path do you want to choose for your life?

The first step on the path entrepreneurship is deciding for yourself.
That’s deep, I guess I’ll go with what I believe based on others knowledge from books and stuff like I suppose that is how most smart people are made basing there knowledge off what came before then building on that like James clear and the guy who wrote how to win friends and influence people

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.