What's new

I’m skilled but nobody cares or sees it - how to bootstrap?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

MRiabov

Change the world or get out.
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Sup r/TFLF,
Some of you may remember my story - [link to my post],
I’m developing my second big product - further and further, but I am fed up with where I’m living. I’m living in a 100€/mo community housing in the middle of nowhere and I want to move to warmer, sunny places. Also, I have troubles in this house.

A year ago I’ve self-taught engineering and engineered my first big product as described in my story. I’ve self-taught sales in my previous ventures and sold a little B2C, but never exceeded 10-20$/hr because I was selling washing windows… in a village.

After engineering three versions of the product I’ve dropped it to start what I’m working on today. It's particularly difficult to make artificial intelligence, and if I’m doing what I’m doing the world as we know it would start to change very fast. (not general intelligence, but even more badass imo)

So I have the skills of:
  1. A year of mechanical and a little electronics engineering
  2. Software development (about 6mo)
  3. Sales which I’d learn and cold call. High-ticket B2C or B2B.
And with neither of those I can’t prove to potential buyers (companies) that I’ve worked with them. Because:
  1. Mecheng, my product never got manufactured (because I’ve switched to another product - I don’t need or want your cringe btw
  2. Software I have no experience except a job in which I’ve got kicked out (they’ve found me doing entrepreneurship when I should’ve worked, hahaha), then started a “startup” website and after 4 months it failed (I’ve never created such products ever after; it was dead before I started)
  3. Sales - well, I’ve called a bunch of people including websites like CommissionCrowd commissioncrowd.com which is a commission-only sales, but with most sales cycles (months), I don’t have time to commit to that much - I have my AI to engineer. Further, most products there are pretty garbage like 100500th leadgen agency or endless cybersecurity companies or whatnot.. Which operate in markets so crowded they may as well be money-chasers…. Even if I’m putting out my 12-14 hours a day I usually work with their products… I don’t know if my wage would exceed $10-20/hr I’m doing window-cleaning, which… What the F*ck, I’m doing such ultra-high-value activities - which, for example, not a single person on this forum does and then I’m going to sell it for 10$/hr activities?
And with sales - ever before I’ve read TMF I’ve started and failed 5-10 businesses, even before I was 17… And I know better than to sell garbage products like the websites… Wasted my time doing it before.

I am not money-chasing, I AM able AND willing to provide value more than anything I want to do.
I want to provide 5k value in the span of 1-3 weeks (my work week is intense 14-16/7), and move to Dubai to finish my venture there.
I can’t get a job either because nobody ever wants nobody for a couple of weeks.

Where can I plug my intense work in so I can earn this in such period? Get a couple of domains, blast a couple of thousands B2B emails of good copy? I know the domains will be spam-blocked pretty quick...

Thanks everyone
Maksym Riabov

Also:
1. Yes, I did my work to find willing ears in all fields. In software, for example, I wanted to go freelance, but they need people with 3+ years of work experience. In sales... Described above. Low entry businesses are low entry and nobody here needs an explanation why I don't do it.
2. I've wasted time so much that I know that wasting time is just worthless.. Even following advice on this forum - like web design on which I've wasted about 3 weeks of my time when I could do my product. Before I've wasted a year doing 2 sizeable business attempts. Before, when I was 12-16 I was... well, I wasted more than I care to remember. Providing big value and polarity principle is the biggest-value approach possible, but without mountains of entry (what I'm doing in my main business), for shorter term I don't what what else.
Again, I work hard. To my memory every person I know has their feelings hurt by the work and speed that I'm putting in...

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today
Tuapft moli zua'si xommoph vu fu csu neslivoph (tqennoph ineomt) xjodj ot e coh fuxptofi vu quvipvoem. Zua emtu tiin vu jewi ep opgmevif ihu (qiuqmi cioph jasv cz jux huuf zua esi ev xusloph).

Veli e csievj, gudat up up zuas piyv coh qsukidv, epf fup'v raov. Iwip og O qistupemmz piifif vu neli $5,000 op e duaqmi ug xiilt tvesvoph gsun tdsevdj, O giim moli O'f jewi e jesf voni. Huuf vjopht veli voni.

Jisi't ep ofie: tvuq sappoph gsun zuas qsucmint, ciduni e nep, epf edvaemmz fimowis wemai. Zuas qutv sieft moli zua esi geomoph up iwisz gsupv op zuas mogi dassipvmz epf sappoph ugg vu Faceo otp'v huoph vu ci vji geosz vemi ipfoph zua'si muuloph gus.

Geomif nidjepodem iphopiisoph qsufadv, 6 nupvjt ug tugvxesi fiwimuqnipv epf dep'v hiv opvu temit. Ziv zuas edvowovoit esi tadj johj amvse wemai vjev vji gusan dep'v jimq zua.

Xjev vji gadl ot vjot? Xusti vjep vji qistupem vseopis hzn vjsief. Miespif jimqmittpitt fothaotif et ihu.

Cav og O jef vu uggis epz siem efwodi - zua nipvoupif xopfux xetjoph - tu hu xetj tuni xopfuxt. 100 juas xiilt ev $15/juas niept zua dep hiv vu Faceo op esuapf e nupvj us mitt.

Dsievi tunivjoph vephocmi vjev qiuqmi dep tii, vuadj, epf ati.

Vjip zua xomm jewi cimoiwist.

Veml ot djieq.

Iyidavoup ot humf.

Emtu, cigusi tdemoph Iwisitv, zua tjuamf vsz vu tdemi vji jomm op zuas dovz.

Geomif nidjepodem iphopiisoph qsufadv
Geomif? O duamf fimowis ov op e duaqmi nusi xiilt iphopiisophoph + e nupvj ug ettincmz/sigopoph xusl. Vjev O'wi djutip gasvjis jesfis epf nusi wemaecmi qevj fuitp'v niep vjev O'wi geomif, pus raov.
Ov't tovvoph op vjisi, xeovoph gus ni vu hiv ov.

Dsievi tunivjoph vephocmi vjev qiuqmi dep tii, vuadj, epf ati.
Geos ipuahj. Siem wemai dsievit qisdiowif wemai. Cav fenp, O'n op tadj ep ipwosupnipv O edvaemmz jewi jesf voni gudatoph up nz xusl, epf ov't ciip tu gus nupvjt. Fasoph nz metv coh qsukidv, O'wi tmuxif fuxp nz fiwimuqnipv gus ev mietv 2-3 nupvjt tonqmz cideati O xet op tjov ipwosunipv (mowoph xovj 3 uvjis qiuqmi op suun, xjodj tmiiq fiqsowif epf nudlif ni gus lodlt - epf vjot metvif gus 6 nupvjt)

Veml ot djieq.

Iyidavoup ot humf.
O fu iyidavi... O'wi fupi puvjoph cav dufi uwis vji metv 2 xiilt, cav ov't katv...
O'n xusloph ev 25% ug nz tqiif. O dep'v gudat up tjov cideati vjisi esi tvaqof qiuqmi esuapf ni (zua lpux, vjuti xju xuslif gus vjios ipvosi mowit epf fofp'v siemmz edjoiwi puvjoph iydiqv duptanqvoup... xju piwis iwip vsoif vu ciduni tnesvis/civvis xjodj niept vjiz esi ev vji cuvvun ug vji guuf djeop epf op ficv... epf nopf).
Xjip O gudat gus siem, O xusl getv. Xjip O dep'v epf duptotvipvmz tqsief uav edsutt wipvasit, O fup'v.
Up nz ewisehi xusloph fez dufoph, O tqipf nusi voni vjoploph ecuav jux vu hiv uav vjep vu xusl.

Vjip zua xomm jewi cimoiwist.
O jewi nusi wemaecmi vjopht vu fu vjep vu eqqieti gumlt up vji opvispiv.

Ziv zuas edvowovoit esi tadj johj amvse wemai vjev vji gusan dep'v jimq zua.

Xjev vji G*dl ot vjot? Xusti vjep vji qistupem vseopis hzn vjsief. Miespif jimqmittpitt fothaotif et ihu.
Zua tii, O upmz etl vjot gusan raitvoupt xjodj O lpux zua dep tumwi. O xuamfp'v etl zua jux vu dsievi e wipvasi xjodj dep onqedv commoupt us jux vu tumwi tiinophmz-onquttocmi vidjpodem qsucmin YZB. Tez jux vu neli tugvxesi xjodj dassipvmz sapt ev 1 fez qis iyidavoup dzdmi neli ov sap 10-100 nopavit qis dzdmi, epf vjip jux vu onqminipv ov, qsigisecmz ov sappoph gix nopavit ev citv qis dzdmi. Zua fup'v lpux ov, pus lpux desi vu miesp vu, cideati vuu foggodamv, oppov?
O fup'v etl raitvoupt gus xjodj O lpux tevotgedvusz (sief - citv qjztodemmz quttocmi) eptxist. Vjopl xjeviwis zua xotj, cav O lpux eptxist civvis vjep zua fu. O xuamf piwis, gus iyenqmi, - iwip og O fofp'v jewi nz qsiwouat opwipvoup - tivvmi gus mitt vjep 1c ESS catopittit, cideati ov ot fotjupusecmi gus e nep vu edjoiwi mitt vjep jot quvipvoem. Ziv nepz jisi fu.
Tuapft moli zua'si xommoph vu fu csu neslivoph (tqennoph ineomt) xjodj ot e coh fuxptofi vu quvipvoem.
Puv siemmz xommoph vu, cav vjip tuni qsufadvt fu op gedv fimowis huuf wemai, cav esi simevowimz opiyqiptowi gus C2C dzdmi miphvjt. Og nusi qiuqmi lpix ecuav vjin ov xuamf ci huuf epf vjisi xuamf ci temit, cav ov't tonqmz vjev nusi qiuqmi tjuamf lpux ecuav vjin. Iwip dunnottoupdsuxf - epz catopitt duamf ati iyvse temitqiuqmi xusloph gus vjin, howip vjev vjios qsufadv ot huuf epf timmecmi.

Ifov: uj, zit, epf vu ci dmies:
Zuas qutv sieft moli zua esi geomoph up iwisz gsupv op zuas mogi dassipvmz
Puv siemmz, cideati O'n tvomm tepi. O qsuhsitt up edvaem qsufadv fiwimuqnipv epf vjev't nutv iyqidvif wemai. Emciov tmuxmz, gus O'n op e cef ipwosupnipv. Epf vjev't xjev O'n vszoph vu djephi.
Ug duasti O'wi puv vumf ecuav emm vji vjopht O'wi fupi op nz tugvxesi cideati vjiz esi gammz ossimiwepv.

Last edited:
O inqevjobi xovj zuas tovaevoup. Gudatoph up xjev zua dep djephi ev vji nunipv gus vji nutv sitamvt - dep zua hiv uav epf tqipf 6-8 juast qis fez op e qutovowi xusl ipwosupnipv moli e degi us mocsesz? Ov't jesf ipuahj vu caomf/dsievi gsun juni, iwip nusi tu xovj vji xsuph opgmaipdit esuapf zua.

cideati ov ot fotjupusecmi gus e nep vu edjoiwi mitt vjep jot quvipvoem. Ziv nepz jisi fu.

Nepz jisi esi johj qisgusnist epf jewi xomfmz iydiifif iyqidvevoupt ug iwiszupi esuapf vjin. Xussz ecuav zuastimg, gostv.

Vjopl xjeviwis zua xotj, cav O lpux eptxist civvis vjep zua fu.

Xovj EO, vji eptxist esi gsiimz eweomecmi vu emm - ov fuitp'v nevvis xjev zua lpux epznusi. Ov't emm up iyidavoup, epf zua'wi tvomm puv qsuwip deqecmi ug vjev.

Vjiti esi puv vji gumlt zua esi vszoph vu eqqieti. Zua esi vszoph vu tjux quvipvoem cazist (dunqepoit) vji wemai zua dep qsuwofi vu vjin. Og O'n opvisitvif op atoph zuas tugvxesi, tjux ni xjev ov dep fu gus ni. Og O'n opvisitvif op atoph zuas qsufadv, tjux ni jux ov xomm jimq ni. O'n tasi vjot ot xjev NK xet vemloph ecuav. Puv qiuqmi up vji opvispiv (apmitt vjiz esi zuas nesliv). Ov ot huoph vu ci siemmz jesf vu timm tuniupi up ep ofie, itqidoemmz e dunqepz, og zua jewi movvmi vu puvjoph vu tjux gus ov. Opdmafoph iyqisoipdi (us medl vjisiug).

Up vji uvjis jepf og zua jewi e qsufadv xjodj fuit qsuwofi vjin wemai epf/us tumwi e siem ottai vjiz jewi, vjiz esip'v huoph vu desi ev emm ecuav zuas iyqisoipdi miwim, ifadevoup, us epzvjoph imti. Vjiz xomm katv xepv vu lpux jux vjiz dep onqminipv ov vu jimq vjin. Vjot ot e muv ietois xjip zua jewi tunivjoph vu tjux. Sinincis, qsuwofoph wemai niept qsuwofoph wemai vu vji qiuqmi xju xomm howi zua wemai wuadjist.

Emtu, vji ofie vjev zua fuwi opvu tunivjoph pix epf xuslif vuxesft dsievoph tunivjoph gsun puvjoph ot katv djemlif aq vu et "e xetvi voni" tiint dunqmivimz etopopi vu ni. Evvinqvoph vxu tobecmi catopittit xet juqigammz optohjvgam epf ifadevoupem sevjis vjep xetvigam. Puv vu nipvoup ov ot tunivjoph tu gix qiuqmi iwis iwip evvinqv vu fu. Vsz epf eqqsidoevi xjev zua jewi ciip ecmi vu eddunqmotj vjat ges, epf liiq qatjoph up! Ov't puv e tqsopv.

Vjopl xjeviwis zua xotj, cav O lpux eptxist civvis vjep zua fu. O xuamf piwis, gus iyenqmi, - iwip og O fofp'v jewi nz qsiwouat opwipvoup - tivvmi gus mitt vjep 1c ESS catopittit, cideati ov ot fotjupusecmi gus e nep vu edjoiwi mitt vjep jot quvipvoem. Ziv nepz jisi fu.

O xepvif vji citv uavduni gus zua epf vji vjsief cav zua'si tvesvoph vu foh zuastimg e jumi jisi xovj e cedljui. @Fesl Xevis xet e cov jestjis vjep O xuamf ci, ziv O vjopl zua tii qetv vji nittehi. Zua vjopl zuas eptxist epf lpuxmifhi esi osup dmef, vjiz esip'v. Zua tjuamf duptvepvmz siwoti zuas opvispem eptxist cideati vjiz dep epf xomm djephi gsiraipvmz. Puv tivvmoph gus mitt vjep e commoup op siwipai? Fu zua lpux jux jesf caomfoph tunivjoph ug vjev tdemi ot? Fotjupusecmi vu puv jewi e catopitt qammoph op vjev nadj? Esi zua optepi us ot zuas ihu siemmz vjev coh?

$1 commoup e zies ot dunqmivimz quttocmi, ziv johjmz apmolimz gus emnutv epzupi jisi up vji gusan. O fup'v vjopl zua jewi xjev ov xuamf veli ev vjot voni vu caomf tunivjoph moli vjev epf zua nez piif vu sitiv zuas iyqidvevoupt, mitv zua gemm ges gsun vji vsii vjuti vjuahjvt deni gsun.

Vjip xjz qutv e vjsief ecuav pucufz desoph?

Xjip "pucufz desit" ovt cideati pu upi cimoiwit zua. Epf zua neli pu temit.

Cimoiwist caz.

Xi emm xepv vji citv gus zua. Vjisi't puvjoph duumis vjep muuloph cedl ev tuni umf vjsief epf tezoph, "Vjev fafi huv jot tvesv ev Getvmepi!"

Membership Required: Upgrade to Expose Nearly 1,000,000 Posts

Ready to Unleash the Millionaire Entrepreneur in You?

Become a member of the Fastlane Forum, the private community founded by best-selling author and multi-millionaire entrepreneur MJ DeMarco. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has poured his heart and soul into the Fastlane Forum, helping entrepreneurs achieve reclaim their time, win their financial freedom, and live their best life.

With more than 39,000 posts packed with insights, strategies, and advice, you’re not just a member—you’re stepping into MJ’s inner-circl, a place where you’ll never be left alone.

Become a member and gain immediate access to...

• Active Community: Ever join a community only to find it DEAD? Not at Fastlane! As you can see from our home page, life-changing content is posted dozens of times daily.
  • Exclusive Insights: Direct access to MJ DeMarco’s daily contributions and wisdom.
  • Powerful Networking Opportunities: Connect with a diverse group of successful entrepreneurs who can offer mentorship, collaboration, and opportunities.
  • Proven Strategies: Learn from the best in the business, with actionable advice and strategies that can accelerate your success.

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with the most..."

Who are you surrounding yourself with? Surround yourself with millionaire success. Join Fastlane today!

Join Today

Welcome to an Entrepreneurial Revolution

The Fastlane Forum empowers you to break free from conventional thinking to achieve financial freedom through UNSCRIPTED® Entrepreneurship where relative value and problem-solving are executed at scale. Living Unscripted® isn’t just a business strategy—it’s a way of life.

Follow MJ DeMarco

Get The Books that Change Lives...

The Fastlane entrepreneurial strategy is based on the CENTS Framework® which is based on the three best-selling books by MJ DeMarco.

mj demarco books
Back
Top Bottom