The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am 18 years old man, 1year into self improvement... Any tips?

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023
HI forum,
as i ve mentioned in the title i am 18 years old student from Czech Republic.
Here is my story..:
I was 17 and slowly starting to realize that my life sucks.. I ve been drunk pretty often and had spended a lot of time with so called friends... So Ive decided to go on Self-improvement journey. I had stumbled across youtuber called Hamza.. He introduced me to self-improvement and also he talked a lot about reading. He had mentioned Milionaire Fastlane quiete often, so ive decided to read it and maaaan it changed my point of view. I ve uninstalled social media, stopped drinking, started hitting the gym, meditate etc.... But the most important stuff: I wanted to develop a high value skill of some kind, so i chosed web development. I am currently learning coding, but dont know where to go further... I feel like i need to learn a looot more, and that there is a huge journey ahead of me. So any tips, knowledge or anything i can get from you guuys will be very precious for me and apprcieted:D
Also i will repond to any questions you will give me!
Have a amazing day, week or whatever:D
Looking for a connection with likeminded people
See ya:D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome aboard. It sounds like you're well on your way, so keep on going. The biggest tip I can give is to think in a 5 - 10 year time horizon and evaluate your choices against that vision. Real change takes time, which sucks, but the upside is that you're so young the changes will be incredible.

If you keep on the current path, who will you be at 40 vs. who would you be if you went back to drinking? Just keep that in mind when you inevitably hit a rough patch.

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023
Welcome aboard. It sounds like you're well on your way, so keep on going. The biggest tip I can give is to think in a 5 - 10 year time horizon and evaluate your choices against that vision. Real change takes time, which sucks, but the upside is that you're so young the changes will be incredible.

If you keep on the current path, who will you be at 40 vs. who would you be if you went back to drinking? Just keep that in mind when you inevitably hit a rough patch.
Thank you very much
I really appreciate your response... I will try to think further in horizon of time..
Have a nice day man

JED253

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 10, 2023
I am 24 and I also discovered Hamza recently. I too have him to thank for reading "The Millionaire Fastlane ". I can genuinely say that his YouTube channel and this book have been life changing, but it will only remain that way if I continue to act on their advice. I encourage you to do the same, and it sounds like you are on the right track and have the right mindset. Good luck on your journey of learning coding my friend!

Malina

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 19, 2012
Hey Sechy - Welcome to your new commitment. Congratulations and I applaud your insight in knowing you're not happy where you are. You're on your way and I hope that piece will be a reminder when you wonder if you're making progress.

You definitely are.

On long voyages we're used to knowing where we want to end up. But on the road of life, sometimes the destination shows itself along the ride.

All the best.

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023
I am 24 and I also discovered Hamza recently. I too have him to thank for reading "The Millionaire Fastlane ". I can genuinely say that his YouTube channel and this book have been life changing, but it will only remain that way if I continue to act on their advice. I encourage you to do the same, and it sounds like you are on the right track and have the right mindset. Good luck on your journey of learning coding my friend!
Thanks so much man, wishing you all the best too

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023
Hey Sechy - Welcome to your new commitment. Congratulations and I applaud your insight in knowing you're not happy where you are. You're on your way and I hope that piece will be a reminder when you wonder if you're making progress.

You definitely are.

On long voyages we're used to knowing where we want to end up. But on the road of life, sometimes the destination shows itself along the ride.

All the best.
Thank you so much, all the best to you too:D

Robdavis

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
But the most important stuff: I wanted to develop a high value skill of some kind, so i chosed web development. I am currently learning coding, but dont know where to go further... I feel like i need to learn a looot more, and that there is a huge journey ahead of me. So any tips, knowledge or anything i can get from you guuys will be very precious for me and apprcieted:D

If you are doing web development and want to learn more, have you considered Fox's Web School? Also Fox has some threads on the forum that could help.

This is Fox's web school:

These are two of Fox's posts where he talks about web devleopment:

This is a thread by RicardoGrande who has recently started a web design business:

Hope there are some things in here that help.

The main thing is to keep going and keep learning.

Cameraman

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 25, 2021
UK
HI forum,
Here is my story..:
I was 17 and slowly starting to realize that my life sucks.. I ve been drunk pretty often and had spended a lot of time with so called friends... So Ive decided to go on Self-improvement journey. I had stumbled across youtuber called Hamza.. He introduced me to self-improvement and also he talked a lot about reading. He had mentioned Milionaire Fastlane quiete often, so ive decided to read it and maaaan it changed my point of view. I ve uninstalled social media, stopped drinking, started hitting the gym, meditate etc.... But the most important stuff: I wanted to develop a high value skill of some kind, so i chosed web development. I am currently learning coding, but dont know where to go further... I feel like i need to learn a looot more, and that there is a huge journey ahead of me. So any tips, knowledge or anything i can get from you guuys will be very precious for me and apprcieted:D
Well done on making your decision.

I'll pass on a guiding principle someone once shared with me. You can apply it to many situations, and it's served me well over the years. It's only 3 words long and seems too simple to be of value. The three words are

BE GOOD VALUE

That doesn't mean cheap or the lowest price for something you want to sell. It means pricing your product or service at a level that feels like good value for the person buying it. Do that consistently and you will never be short of customers.

But there's also a second principle you can apply which is

MAKE LIFE SIMPLE

When you make life simple for people they will love you. If your product or service does this they will buy from you.

Burn these six words into your memory. Then, whenever you're starting a new venture, think about how you can apply them.

Good luck

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023
If you are doing web development and want to learn more, have you considered Fox's Web School? Also Fox has some threads on the forum that could help.

This is Fox's web school:

These are two of Fox's posts where he talks about web devleopment:

This is a thread by RicardoGrande who has recently started a web design business:

Hope there are some things in here that help.

The main thing is to keep going and keep learning.
Thanksss i will take a look
This has helped me sooo much

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023
Start creating mini projects with your web development so you can start using your skills to solve problems. Aslong as you have the basics under your fingers, you'll learn a lot faster that way
Yees, i am already working on some "mini projects".
Thanks I will consider some harder projects for the future

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023
Well done on making your decision.

I'll pass on a guiding principle someone once shared with me. You can apply it to many situations, and it's served me well over the years. It's only 3 words long and seems too simple to be of value. The three words are

BE GOOD VALUE

That doesn't mean cheap or the lowest price for something you want to sell. It means pricing your product or service at a level that feels like good value for the person buying it. Do that consistently and you will never be short of customers.

But there's also a second principle you can apply which is

MAKE LIFE SIMPLE

When you make life simple for people they will love you. If your product or service does this they will buy from you.

Burn these six words into your memory. Then, whenever you're starting a new venture, think about how you can apply them.

Good luck
Those quotes have something, that has made my mind click... Thanks a lot, every piece of knowledge I can obtain from anybody is valuable for me... And I mean it. Thanks for this 6 words, i will engrave them into my mind

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Your main goal should be to free up as much of your time as possible so that you are able to pursue good opportunities. You don't have to make a lot of money to do this - just live in a low cost of living place or keep your expenses down.

Lift weights. You can look good lifting 3x per week with a push pull legs routine.

Learn a skill that improves your cash flow so that you can do cool stuff.

Figure out what type of life you want to have, find men that already have a life like that, and befriend them so that you can get there faster. Having older friends can really speed up your life.

Figure out how to be fun and make cool friends.

When you have control of your time and have some money (not necessarily a lot), spend time getting good with women. It's up to you to figure out what you want from women (IE a wife or 10 girlfriends), but a lot of men end up unhappy because they didn't put serious effort into getting the type of woman who they wanted.

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023
Your main goal should be to free up as much of your time as possible so that you are able to pursue good opportunities. You don't have to make a lot of money to do this - just live in a low cost of living place or keep your expenses down.

Lift weights. You can look good lifting 3x per week with a push pull legs routine.

Figure out what type of life you want to have, find men that already have a life like that, and befriend them so that you can get there faster. Having older friends can really speed up your life.

When you have control of your time and have some money (not necessarily a lot), spend time getting good with women. It's up to you to figure out what you want from women (IE a wife or 10 girlfriends), but a lot of men end up unhappy because they didn't put serious effort into getting the type of woman who they wanted.
This is pure perfection, thanks a lot i see you know what your talking about

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022
HI forum,
Here is my story..:
You don't really to learn coding. I would just be familiar with the high level (like HTML is text CSS is style) but let AI do most of your work
1. Follow this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-3AYJ1y-I&pp=ygUXbmVyZHMgd29ybGQgZ29vZ2xlIG1hcHM%3D
Tell them you will build a simple wordpress site for $500 dollars. Since this is an easy enough skill you can learn while you get paid.
2. Once you've collected 50% upfront using 10web.io (use the free trail) to flush out most of it or if you can't build a site that looks good enough follow @Mark Bailet's vid
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJaUjPSdckQ
I recommend getting siteground hosting if you go the envato route.
3. make sure you do really good job (if you need help or are confused Youtube and Facebook groups should have you covered) with communications
4. when your done collect feedback and ask them for a video testimonal (maybe hop on a zoom call) if they are too busy I'd just ask for a written one at leat. Once you have your first sale its much easier to say to others I worked with X yada yada.

As you get better you'll want to use better platforms like webflow so you can build better sites. If possible I would keep increasing prices and look to hire others to do the work for you.

A bit of self promotion but when I fully release I'll have a better alternative to 10web.io (which will use webflow instead of wordpress) which you can check out here: Fast Flow

As for going further what you want your journey to be like. I would listen to My First Million so that you can hear different styles and stories of success like deciding if you want to be a Digital Nomad like Peter Lievels or want to do big things like Palmer Luckey and create a 1/5/10 Planasay if you haven't already.

Last edited:

DistressedDenim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 10, 2018
US
I'm 20 here, I started my Fastlane journey at 14.

My advice is DO. SOMETHING. NOW.

When I say now I mean today, right now, at this moment. Start building your business today. Come up with a good idea, and start working on it instantly.

When you think you're going to be successful, think again. When you think you've done enough for today, think again. It's probably going to be the hardest thing you've ever done. It'll really test you beyond belief.

What will make you successful? Being successful. You can't settle at 10 cold calls in a day and be successful. You need to make 100 on day one, and do it well, so in this case you'll know if that's going to work or not.

You have to test ideas. You'll get nowhere if it takes you a year to test one idea. That idea should be testable in a week if you're working smart and hard enough. AND, WHILE you're waiting for people to respond, or whatever it is you're waiting on in this case, you should be testing 5 more ideas at the same time.

Testing ideas is a huge part of this. Get a job so you'll have money to throw at random ideas that will probably go nowhere. When your family hates you for wasting money, take their punches to the face and don't complain. Every complaint costs you your whole journey. Your success depends on taking these punches, to the face, and not complaining at all.

Sounds fun right? It is

Oh, and by the way, when you're testing these ideas, you cannot half-a$$ it. Each idea will require your full attention and your full work capacity. Your brain should feel like it's melting, or like you've squeezed out every idea and ounce of attention that you have left.

They'll tell you to find a good mentor, to sell a website, to do this and that. But HOW do you do that? You gotta bust your a$$ off. And when you think you've worked hard enough, you realize that you just weren't smart enough. So in conjunction with that effort, be as smart as possible at all times. There's always going to be another curveball that you're going to take straight to the face. They'll throw a funky monkey, and it'll hit you right in the balls, and that's a wake up call saying "hey, you just gotta be even smarter next time."

The bright side is that you get free cookies in the lobby you paid $1000 to wait in for a shitty mentor. Unless you find the right mentor, the only bright side is free cookies.

Don't make a single excuse. One excuse will cost you your whole journey. One will lead to more. Trust me. The kind of person that succeeds with this is the kind of person that is simply above making an excuse. This kind of person is simply successful. There are successful people and there are losers. You already know before the game even starts who will succeed and who will fail. The successful type of person who has a success mindset will succeed, and the loser with a loser mindset will lose.

I'm tired of seeing the people who come here and post something like this and then are gone in a week. This isn't a new aesthetic to try on, or a new "entrepreneur persona" that will look cool. This is ugly, hard work, and a lifelong commitment that will probably go nowhere in the end. If you're really about it, want it bad enough for that to not matter. period.

Last edited:

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023

This is pure perfection, thanks a lot i see you know what your talking about
You don't really to learn coding. I would just be familiar with the high level (like HTML is text CSS is style) but let AI do most of your work
1. Follow this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG-3AYJ1y-I&pp=ygUXbmVyZHMgd29ybGQgZ29vZ2xlIG1hcHM%3D
Tell them you will build a simple wordpress site for $500 dollars. Since this is an easy enough skill you can learn while you get paid.
2. Once you've collected 50% upfront using 10web.io (use the free trail) to flush out most of it or if you can't build a site that looks good enough follow @Mark Bailet's vid
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJaUjPSdckQ
I recommend getting siteground hosting if you go the envato route.
3. make sure you do really good job (if you need help or are confused Youtube and Facebook groups should have you covered) with communications
4. when your done collect feedback and ask them for a video testimonal (maybe hop on a zoom call) if they are too busy I'd just ask for a written one at leat. Once you have your first sale its much easier to say to others I worked with X yada yada.

As you get better you'll want to use better platforms like webflow so you can build better sites. If possible I would keep increasing prices and look to hire others to do the work for you.

A bit of self promotion but when I fully release I'll have a better alternative to 10web.io (which will use webflow instead of wordpress) which you can check out here: Fast Flow

As for going further what you want your journey to be like. I would listen to My First Million so that you can hear different styles and stories of success like deciding if you want to be a Digital Nomad like Peter Lievels or want to do big things like Palmer Luckey and create a 1/5/10 Planasay if you haven't already.
SO HELPFUL MAN, THANK YOU... Made my day easier.. love this knowledge
You deserve a throphy for those videos
Good luck on your journey too

Last edited:

Sechy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
May 10, 2023
I'm 20 here, I started my Fastlane journey at 14.

My advice is DO. SOMETHING. NOW.

When I say now I mean today, right now, at this moment. Start building your business today. Come up with a good idea, and start working on it instantly.

When you think you're going to be successful, think again. When you think you've done enough for today, think again. It's probably going to be the hardest thing you've ever done. It'll really test you beyond belief.

What will make you successful? Being successful. You can't settle at 10 cold calls in a day and be successful. You need to make 100 on day one, and do it well, so in this case you'll know if that's going to work or not.

You have to test ideas. You'll get nowhere if it takes you a year to test one idea. That idea should be testable in a week if you're working smart and hard enough. AND, WHILE you're waiting for people to respond, or whatever it is you're waiting on in this case, you should be testing 5 more ideas at the same time.

Testing ideas is a huge part of this. Get a job so you'll have money to throw at random ideas that will probably go nowhere. When your family hates you for wasting money, take their punches to the face and don't complain. Every complaint costs you your whole journey. Your success depends on taking these punches, to the face, and not complaining at all.

Sounds fun right? It is

Oh, and by the way, when you're testing these ideas, you cannot half-a$$ it. Each idea will require your full attention and your full work capacity. Your brain should feel like it's melting, or like you've squeezed out every idea and ounce of attention that you have left.

They'll tell you to find a good mentor, to sell a website, to do this and that. But HOW do you do that? You gotta bust your a$$ off. And when you think you've worked hard enough, you realize that you just weren't smart enough. So in conjunction with that effort, be as smart as possible at all times. There's always going to be another curveball that you're going to take straight to the face. They'll throw a funky monkey, and it'll hit you right in the balls, and that's a wake up call saying "hey, you just gotta be even smarter next time."

The bright side is that you get free cookies in the lobby you paid $1000 to wait in for a shitty mentor. Unless you find the right mentor, the only bright side is free cookies.

Don't make a single excuse. One excuse will cost you your whole journey. One will lead to more. Trust me. The kind of person that succeeds with this is the kind of person that is simply above making an excuse. This kind of person is simply successful. There are successful people and there are losers. You already know before the game even starts who will succeed and who will fail. The successful type of person who has a success mindset will succeed, and the loser with a loser mindset will lose.

I'm tired of seeing the people who come here and post something like this and then are gone in a week. This isn't a new aesthetic to try on, or a new "entrepreneur persona" that will look cool. This is ugly, hard work, and a lifelong commitment that will probably go nowhere in the end. If you're really about it, want it bad enough for that to not matter. period.
Actually you know what, ive heard this in the book 100milion offers, the author is Alex Hormozi and he said that we need to make work hard cool again. I belive that is also your point you wanted to give me.. SO thank a lot man. You sound like a guy who takes 100% responsibility in life, as soon as posible i want to be like that to, so dont worry i wiill learn until my brain melts, and also i take this as a lifelong journey. So thanks you for your post... I believe that we will see each other more often on this forum. Good luck in your journy my friend:D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...