The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am Pissed about The Great Rat Race Escape and Amazon... and the world!

A post of a ranting nature...

alexXx9

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Sep 4, 2023
I am pissed for three reasons:

1) I went to Amazon to release a review on Amazon for the TGRRE and I am so pissed because I can release ONLY 5 STARS...

Like how's that even possible that I can not leave a higher rating? It is not fair! This book is freaking Incredible and I loved it so much... Honestly, it does hit like a lighting! So much wisdom without fluff in the middle of the BS

2) I am pissed at the world, I checked the Best Seller Rank and as of now TGRRE is at 140k BSR, for who's not in the amazon ecosystem, that means it is selling only like 1 copy per day on average, maybe 2 at maximum, of course it is an average but.... HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THERE ARE CRAPPY AI MADE BOOKS that are selling hundreds of copies per day and this one is NOT selling that much on this platform?

3) I've read some reviews of some people, blaming MJ because they said the book is redundant and that is a mere repetition of the others.... Well.... F**K Them! I loved the fiction part of it and MJ is truly my best author ever coupled with Nathaniel Branden!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I am pissed for three reasons:

1) I went to Amazon to release a review on Amazon for the TGRRE and I am so pissed because I can release ONLY 5 STARS...

Like how's that even possible that I can not leave a higher rating? It is not fair! This book is freaking Incredible and I loved it so much... Honestly, it does hit like a lighting! So much wisdom without fluff in the middle of the BS

2) I am pissed at the world, I checked the Best Seller Rank and as of now TGRRE is at 140k BSR, for who's not in the amazon ecosystem, that means it is selling only like 1 copy per day on average, maybe 2 at maximum, of course it is an average but.... HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THERE ARE CRAPPY AI MADE BOOKS that are selling hundreds of copies per day and this one is NOT selling that much on this platform?

3) I've read some reviews of some people, blaming MJ because they said the book is redundant and that is a mere repetition of the others.... Well.... F**K Them! I loved the fiction part of it and MJ is truly my best author ever coupled with Nathaniel Branden!
Welcome! Clearly those are great reasons to be pissed!

I’m pretty sure though MJ enjoys that few people buy his books, (less noise more action)

I was expecting you to be really annoying and immature, like @Sebzmaniac, but I read the first reason and I laughed!

I suggest you create a introduction thread, and if you have any questions you can dm me!

(Click/tap on my profile and click/tap message)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THERE ARE CRAPPY AI MADE BOOKS that are selling hundreds of copies per day and this one is NOT selling that much on this platform?

I wish I knew. I try not to dwell on the fact that I spent 3 long years writing the book weaving it together, and I feel it is my best ever. As for people saying it's redudant, that's a stupid argument. I'm not going to change my strategy with each new book because the strategy is transcendent. If my core message changes book to book, that means it didn't stand the test of time and I'm just making shit up.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I wish I knew. I try not to dwell on the fact that I spent 3 long years writing the book weaving it together, and I feel it is my best ever. As for people saying it's redudant, that's a stupid argument. I'm not going to change my strategy with each new book because the strategy is transcendent. If my core message changes book to book, that means it didn't stand the test of time and I'm just making shit up.
TGRE is most definitely my favorite, I can't wait for your next book though. Would you allow me to be a volunteer to read it before it's released? I think your next one will most definitely help to achieve people's goals after explaining in depth!

Your second one is pretty good as well, it was one of the books I didn't want to finish lol. But I think theirs a saying that goes something like "For something you hate/dislike, will be something you most definitely love?."

The best friendships I've had were people I argued with most or had a different sent of opinions. Turns out they become your best buds.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I had the same problem. The world doesn't want to hear that we are capable of making our our own lives better.

They'd rather blame rich people for their problems at this point instead of becoming one.

Responsibility? That's the government's job.

I bet the percentage of the population with external locus has tripled on the last 30 years. Noise has probably increased 1000x.

Last edited:

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
May 9, 2021
HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT THERE ARE CRAPPY AI MADE BOOKS that are selling hundreds of copies per day and this one is NOT selling that much on this platform?

This is the biggest head scratcher.
When I had my FTE way back when I think I went through like 40-50 of the most commonly recommended "business" books that were just surface level garbage and platitudes. After that it was to kindle unlimited (has been schlock for awhile, content farming and republishing) and basically not a damn thing under that program was worth any value- I can't IMAGINE how bad it is now. For a point of reference, a book I was waiting for released a month ago. By the time I got back from work to look at the amazon page for it some GPT huckster had already published a "study guide" for a piece of fiction that had only been out for 18 hours.

I remember landing on TMF and suddenly thinking "Wait, here it is!... why did it take me 9 months to find this book?".
I guess the only upside is that there's less competition if everyone's trying to dave ramsey or tim ferris their way into financial freedom instead of providing value with a solid business and good skews.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 10, 2022
Responsibility? That's the government's job.
Or their employer's job! People just wanna keep behaving like children!

From my side, if it had not been for Ali Abdaal on Youtube I would never have heard of the book.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.