The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Drive Nuts! I Need Advice Please

Anything related to matters of the mind

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Hey folks,

I feel like i am on a cliff right now, with to options: to jump and suicide or to go back and struggle to get what i want. Of course i will choose to fight, but here's how i get here and please give me some honest advice.

Before reading this, i want to mention that i don't write this to complain and receive attention, i write this because i need help, i am insane now. I will tell you the all story to be more precise.

It all started 2 years ago when i was in Bucharest(Romania). I was in the middle of the town when i saw this beautiful black Porsche Panamera, it was enough to just see the car and to realise in what direction i want to go in life.

So, i went back home and search more about this car. What i found was shocking: the price for a standard Porsche Panamera Turbo S was almost 200,000 euros. There was no way i will get a job and own this car. From that moment i promise to myself that one day i will own that car, no matter what i have to do.

Fast forward i was in college, and in college i learned computer science and PC(now i am in the last year) and at that time i was making YouTube videos to earn ad revenue and i was playing poker online. I was a sidewalker, everything i earned i spend, and more of that asking my parents to give me money. Anything that count for me at that time was having fun. But it didn't remain the same. I started going more and more on expensive area in my town and i start seeing more often the Panamera.

My desire went insane, i had to have the car. I start reading books like Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill and others. I was committed. So in October 2014 things where like this, i found a new friend that was also looking for the journey of wealth, i owned a website and make some ad revenue, i had a beautiful relationship and things were ok. But didn't remain the same. At the end of that year i made 4,000 euros from ads.

Then suddenly thing went down. My source of income from ads crashed, i became a terrible sidewalker spending way to much, my gf started being bitchy, and my mom was diagnosed with cancer. Sounds bad? This was the beginning. After a time my parents start became insane. They started telling me that i am idiot that i will not be a millionaire so better to get a job before is too late. Mom's situations got worse, my gf decided to leave me for another guy, and many friends suddenly disappear. Do you think this is worse ? Read further.

So here i am at the age of 21, with almost 2,000 euros savings, no gf, 4 friends, family against me and still motivated to become an entrepreneur. The things cot worse, and worse and worse. I choose a good friend to start making a dating website and a video chat website. Both failed, but i learn new things regarding web programming. Parent's start screaming at me each day, depression, bad food, and all those thing strengthen my character. At that time, no girl was willing to stay with me when i was telling her that i want to become financial independent and i work hard for that.

I found MJ's book and i started reading it. It completely change my life, i learned so many things from it. God bless this guy, he deserve his fortune. I decided to switch things. Since i was very good at web programming and looking at the market, i decided to do something better than what is right now regarding the eCommerce domain. My opponents? WordPress, Magento, Prestashop, 3dCart, Shopify and others. But i was committed and there was no way out. So while working with my friend at the video chat website, i started creating my own eCommerce Software to sell it. It was extremely hard, i worked on average 8 hours per day with no break day.

The video chat website crashed because of a payment system we need and was 20,000 euros. So now i was broke,i barely afford to pay my monthly hosting for my eCommerce Software to test things, mom was in hospital and i was wasting each day 3 hours to go there and take care of her, dad was insane, my project wasn't ready yet. But i still desire the Panamera. One time me and my friend we were walking on the middle of the town and he come with a business idea. Here i want to say that, no matter how hard things are, don't sell your integrity for a few thousands dollars like a did (i will not give more details here). Being a good boy i said no, but then as we walking and insane sounds i started hearing. And a few seconds later a beautiful white Lamborghini Murcielago went near us with an incredible speed. I said to my self, one day we all die so why not ?

Then i turned to my friend and said "let's do it". Funny or not i started making money, in fact while my parents were not giving me money because of mom's medical costs, i was able to afford good food and have a good nutrition. I was able to buy new clothes and go to gym. But all this was because i took a decision that could cost my freedom. In october that year, i finished the project and launch it. After a few weeks of struggling i made a sell. Yes, i sell a $5 copy of my software while i was sleeping. I felt happy, and grateful and it gave me motivation to push forward. But then nothing more, it was luck that i sold it. So i decided to work double and triple to do something better, from 8 hours to 10 hours. I had no social life for while. Then on 21 november, i received a phone call that changed my life for ever. It was my cousin on the other side.

She was at hospital with dad and she told me that mom died. I was .... , no comment. I hit rock bottom, and so hard that i was a step away to quit. But no, i still choose to stand up against life and to fight. I decided to stop my business with my friend and to cut all connections with him. I started to learn marketing and work more on my project. Finally after 8 months my final version was ready(in February 2016). People were coming to my website, but nothing bought it.

I changed prices, i changed the marketing and now i get frustrated because of this. But i am still willing to do whatever it takes to become millionaire young. Someone from the forum told me that not the marketing may be the problem but the product it's self. Now i feel like i can't judge right no longer, so i remember that MJ said in his book to raise your prices over your competition and to build a brand, not a business. The result? Last night i raise my princes 10 times more then were before.

No, after all this story and all this, what advice would you gave me ? What should i do ? My website is

http://www.proeminentcode.com/ .Please tell me and let me know what you would do in my place, doesn't matter how hard it is. I will make anything possible to go forward. Right now i know the prices are huge.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
First, I'm sorry for your loss.

I can't give you advice on what to do to get people buy your product. But you wrote that you lauched in February 2016, we have February 22th today and you are already worrying about not selling something? I think that is way too early to judge if it's your product or your marketing or anything else that needs work.

Please don't take my advice as advice from someone experienced in this topic, but just think logically about it. Even if you have the best product on the market, people won't know that until you get your product in front of them, you can't know what people think of your product before you get it to them. My advice would be work on your marketing skills, try different things, trial and error, etc. before you can decide if your product is good in the eyes of your market.

I can understand how you feel right now, concerning your product. I am in a similar spot, fresh after the launch, just a few clicks on the website yet and not one sign up so far. But even if I felt frustrated as hell I never spend one second with the thought of giving up. Instead I thought about better ways to market my product. Don't let your frustration make you run in circles, break out of this circle and start being creative to get your product out there.

Last edited:

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
First, I'm sorry for your loss.

I can't give you advice on what to do to get people buy your product. But you wrote that you lauched in February 2016, we have February 22th today and you are already worrying about not selling something? I think that is way too early to judge if it's your product or your marketing or anything else that needs work.

Please don't take my advice as advise from someone experienced in this topic, but just think logically about it. Even if you have the best product on the market, people won't know that until you get your product in front of them, you can't know what people think of your product before you get it to them. My advise would be work on your marketing skills, try different things, trial and error, etc. before you can decide if your product is good in the eyes of your market.

I can understand how you feel right now, concerning your product. I am in a similar spot, fresh after the launch, just a few clicks on the website yet and not one sign up so far. But even if I felt frustrated as hell I never spend one second with the thought of giving up. Instead I thought about better ways to market my product. Don't let your frustration make you run in circles, break out of this circle and start being creative to get your product out there.

Thank's i appreciate your advice. You are right, but it's hard to stay calm. I won't give up, i either win and become a millionaire, or die trying. There are products out there that suck terrible and sell insane, and there are products that are very good and don't sell. All comes down to marketing, the ability to convince someone to give you money.

And also please keep up working with your website! The harder it is, the better the opportunity. If it was easy everybody would drive Lambos. It must be hard to be like a barrier between winners and losers. So persist with your work my friend, do it! We are all here on this forum to become entrepreneurs and solve problems, not to speak and then go back to facebook and play farmville 5 hours per day.

Good luck also!

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Thank's i appreciate your advice. You are right, but it's hard to stay calm. I won't give up, i either win and become a millionaire, or die trying. There are products out there that suck terrible and sell insane, and there are products that are very good and don't sell. All comes down to marketing, the ability to convince someone to give you money.

And also please keep up working with your website! The harder it is, the better the opportunity. If it was easy everybody would drive Lambos. It must be hard to be like a barrier between winners and losers. So persist with your work my friend, do it! We are all here on this forum to become entrepreneurs and solve problems, not to speak and then go back to facebook and play farmville 5 hours per day.

Good luck also!

Thank you!

I thought I knew what persistence is, when I was working on building my product for hours per day for months, but now that I launched my product, it feels like what I had to do in the past is nothing compared to what's in front of me. I felt like I landed in the big wide ocean, after months of travelling towards it, and it just felt so overwhelming, yep I felt lost. It took me a few days to really stop the worries and start working on finding a way to make myself grow in this ocean.

I like to compare the market with an ocean. Right now your product may be a little scarred guppy, but it's your job to grow this little thing into a beast of a shark :) you know that it is possible, so you'll find a way to do it, no matter how many hours of frustration you have to go through before.

P.S. if you want more people to read your post, seperate that big block of text into smaller portions ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Panamera Turbo S

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 24, 2015
Thank you!

I thought I knew what persistence is, when I was working on building my product for hours per day for months, but now that I launched my product, it feels like what I had to do in the past is nothing compared to what's in front of me. I felt like I landed in the big wide ocean, after months of travelling towards it, and it just felt so overwhelming, yep I felt lost. It took me a few days to really stop the worries and start working on finding a way to make myself grow in this ocean.

I like to compare the market with an ocean. Right now your product may be a little scarred guppy, but it's your job to grow this little thing into a beast of a shark :) you know that it is possible, so you'll find a way to do it, no matter how many hours of frustration you have to go through before.

P.S. if you want more people to read your post, seperate that big block of text into smaller portions ;)

I done this, thank's. The thing is that, we are now in the present struggling. But it will come a time when you will make it, then you will look back and realise that the effort is worthless. Please tell me what greater satisfaction is life than that of hard work paying off and knowing you are self made ? Lol, of course those are for most of us. When you will drive a 911 on Germany and you will realise what you done to get here you will say: "Oh, so this was all i done to get here ? I would do it again!".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.