The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

i finally (lost and found) a client - 100 dollars

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
I hope you're all doing well! It's been a while since I've checked in, but I've been grinding away on my channel and wanted to share some updates with you. I finally found a client who's gonna pay me 100 dollars -

So, recently, it all started with me starting my new channel and making a new video
and that video alone cost me 2 months cause of lack of motivation and procrastinations and other things that came to my way but yeah i finished editing my intro for 40 seconds and i decided to get feed back on it and i started asking on discord that how is my video and how should i imporve it, and there i met several people giving me feedback to do this and that and, I had this encounter on Discord with someone named 7z7z i got into his dms and Initially, it started off on a positive note when 7z7z offered some insightful feedback on my video. Their input was genuinely helpful, and I was grateful for it. After incorporating some of their suggestions, I felt like my video was really starting to come together. It was all good , a day passes and at i was working on that video and Then, out of the blue, 7z7z approached me with an opportunity to edit a video, at 3 am a msg pops from 7z7z that can u edit this type of video, the pay was 100 dollars and the video was a weeks works. it was an opportunity and i grabbed it

But here's where things took a turn. We agreed on terms, including a 10% advance payment before I started work on the project. Everything seemed to be lining up perfectly until the moment of money arrived, and the payment didn't came as quickly as I had hoped.because he said that he will pay 10 % and 4 hours went by ,I'll admit, I started to feel a bit anxious. Maybe I was too eager, too hopeful for things to fall into place. Looking back, I can see that I could have handled the situation with more patience and composure.

this was 7z7z reply after i panicked

"I honestly don't think I can start this collab with you after weird interaction
no idea what you might do during the edit
No offense but gotta protect my business interests
here, you started acting weird and panicking all of a sudden, so of course deal is off
"

so it obviously my mistake that i didnt knew how to handle that situation but honestly i got a lesson from there

how could i have handled this situation ?
so that in future my clients don't run away from me

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

realbillperry

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 6, 2024
I hope you're all doing well! It's been a while since I've checked in, but I've been grinding away on my channel and wanted to share some updates with you. I finally found a client who's gonna pay me 100 dollars -

So, recently, it all started with me starting my new channel and making a new video
and that video alone cost me 2 months cause of lack of motivation and procrastinations and other things that came to my way but yeah i finished editing my intro for 40 seconds and i decided to get feed back on it and i started asking on discord that how is my video and how should i imporve it, and there i met several people giving me feedback to do this and that and, I had this encounter on Discord with someone named 7z7z i got into his dms and Initially, it started off on a positive note when 7z7z offered some insightful feedback on my video. Their input was genuinely helpful, and I was grateful for it. After incorporating some of their suggestions, I felt like my video was really starting to come together. It was all good , a day passes and at i was working on that video and Then, out of the blue, 7z7z approached me with an opportunity to edit a video, at 3 am a msg pops from 7z7z that can u edit this type of video, the pay was 100 dollars and the video was a weeks works. it was an opportunity and i grabbed it

But here's where things took a turn. We agreed on terms, including a 10% advance payment before I started work on the project. Everything seemed to be lining up perfectly until the moment of money arrived, and the payment didn't came as quickly as I had hoped.because he said that he will pay 10 % and 4 hours went by ,I'll admit, I started to feel a bit anxious. Maybe I was too eager, too hopeful for things to fall into place. Looking back, I can see that I could have handled the situation with more patience and composure.

this was 7z7z reply after i panicked

"I honestly don't think I can start this collab with you after weird interaction
no idea what you might do during the edit
No offense but gotta protect my business interests
here, you started acting weird and panicking all of a sudden, so of course deal is off
"

so it obviously my mistake that i didnt knew how to handle that situation but honestly i got a lesson from there

how could i have handled this situation ?
so that in future my clients don't run away from me
I guess it depends what you mean when you say you "panicked":

We you saying something like "Dude, where's my F*** money?"
If so, I guess I could see 7z7z as being reasonable in sensing red flags.

We really can't diagnose if we don't know for sure how it went down, I suppose.

Going forward, I'd just keep calmer about it. It's like dating, if one doesn't work, you can look back at it briefly (to extract lessons learned)...but don't get hung up on any one event going badly.

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
I guess it depends what you mean when you say you "panicked":

We you saying something like "Dude, where's my F*** money?"
If so, I guess I could see 7z7z as being reasonable in sensing red flags.

We really can't diagnose if we don't know for sure how it went down, I suppose.

Going forward, I'd just keep calmer about it. It's like dating, if one doesn't work, you can look back at it briefly (to extract lessons learned)...but don't get hung up on any one event
nope the interaction was not like that
it was rather calm and peaceful

by panicked - i mean i was not patient enough to wait for 10% advance

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads