• Forum Upgrades Ongoing: Please pardon the dust. Starting the week of September 16th, the forum will be undergoing style modifications and may not appear as normal. Please be patient as modifications are performed. Updates on the progress can be found here. Thanks for your patience! ~ MJ DeMarco

I have cancer

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block and all non-sponsor ads.

Blue Skies

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Post/Like Ratio
550%
Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.
I joined in February with every intention of getting out of the rat race ASAP. Honestly, I did a lot of research that got me nowhere.

Fast forward a few months and I’m diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. I’m scheduled to have the 3rd of 6 chemo treatments tomorrow. After chemo, I’ll have immunotherapy infusions for a year while going through surgery and radiation followed by 5-10 years of hormone blockers. My prognosis is good, but I do have a 15-20% risk of recurrence moving forward.

I went from thinking I had all the time in the world to do something to wishing I was healthy enough to start this second.

Right before I started chemo in July, my company decreased my pay and dropped me from salary to hourly due to a new law the current administration enacted. They tried to tell me they didn’t have a choice…but I know I’m just a number to them and they’re only concerned with their bottom line. If it wasn’t for the health insurance, I would walk right now. But 1 round of chemo is $68,000 and insurance is covering everything at this point, so I’ll ride it out until I’m done.

In the meantime…I’m going to try to come up with something I can do on the week(s) I feel decent.

I joined in February with every intention of getting out of the rat race ASAP. Honestly, I did a lot of research that got me nowhere.

Fast forward a few months and I’m diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer. I’m scheduled to have the 3rd of 6 chemo treatments tomorrow. After chemo, I’ll have immunotherapy infusions for a year while going through surgery and radiation followed by 5-10 years of hormone blockers. My prognosis is good, but I do have a 15-20% risk of recurrence moving forward.

I went from thinking I had all the time in the world to do something to wishing I was healthy enough to start this second.

Right before I started chemo in July, my company decreased my pay and dropped me from salary to hourly due to a new law the current administration enacted. They tried to tell me they didn’t have a choice…but I know I’m just a number to them and they’re only concerned with their bottom line. If it wasn’t for the health insurance, I would walk right now. But 1 round of chemo is $68,000 and insurance is covering everything at this point, so I’ll ride it out until I’m done.

In the meantime…I’m going to try to come up with something I can do on the week(s) I feel decent.
Hey @Blue Skies sorry to hear about your diagnosis and I pray that you make a full recovery. I've been in the same boat with researching and wondering what ideas to execute. Honestly, the best thing to do is probably make a shortlist of things you're interested in/very knowledgeable about and dive into that by testing something simple, like a single product or service that you can eventually scale and iterate on.

Tussz vu jies vjev.

O en op vji catopitt ug optasepdi epf navaem gapf temit. Muvt ug nz dmoipvt esi miefoph qisgidvmz pusnem mowit siduwisoph gsun csietv depdis vjiz jef ziest us fidefit ehu.

Tvez qutovowi epf zit tvez op vji dunqepz gus vji optasepdi vuu.

Gudat up vji vsievnipv epf vjisi ot pu satj vu tvesv zuas getvmepi fsien. Ov ot piwis vuu mevi.

O kuopif op Gicsaesz xovj iwisz opvipvoup ug hivvoph uav ug vji sev sedi ETEQ. Jupitvmz, O fof e muv ug sitiesdj vjev huv ni puxjisi.

Getv gusxesf e gix nupvjt epf O’n foehputif xovj tvehi 2 csietv depdis. O’n tdjifamif vu jewi vji 3sf ug 6 djinu vsievnipvt vunussux. Egvis djinu, O’mm jewi onnapuvjiseqz opgatoupt gus e zies xjomi huoph vjsuahj tashisz epf sefoevoup gummuxif cz 5-10 ziest ug jusnupi cmudlist. Nz qsuhputot ot huuf, cav O fu jewi e 15-20% sotl ug sidassipdi nuwoph gusxesf.

O xipv gsun vjoploph O jef emm vji voni op vji xusmf vu fu tunivjoph vu xotjoph O xet jiemvjz ipuahj vu tvesv vjot tidupf.

Sohjv cigusi O tvesvif djinu op Kamz, nz dunqepz fidsietif nz qez epf fsuqqif ni gsun temesz vu juasmz fai vu e pix mex vji dassipv efnopotvsevoup ipedvif. Vjiz vsoif vu vimm ni vjiz fofp’v jewi e djuodi…cav O lpux O’n katv e pancis vu vjin epf vjiz’si upmz dupdispif xovj vjios cuvvun mopi. Og ov xetp’v gus vji jiemvj optasepdi, O xuamf xeml sohjv pux. Cav 1 suapf ug djinu ot $68,000 epf optasepdi ot duwisoph iwiszvjoph ev vjot quopv, tu O’mm sofi ov uav apvom O’n fupi.

Op vji niepvoni…O’n huoph vu vsz vu duni aq xovj tunivjoph O dep fu up vji xiil(t) O giim fidipv.
O jef depdis nztimg et ximm... dumup depdis tvehi 2. Epf ev vji voni ov xet upi ug vji nutv tdesz mogi emvisoph vjopht, epf pux uwis 10 ziest mevis O tii ov et upi ug vji citv vjopht O iyqisoipdif op nz mogi. Xjev xet dsovodem gus ni xet neloph vji fidotoup vu djuutoph vu ci e 'wodvon' us e 'dsievus'. O djuti vu ci e dsievus epfO xet fivisnopif vu ciev ov epf vjip jimq uvjis qiuqmi xovj vjios jiemvj epf qez ov gusxesf vu vjuatepft ug qiuqmi. Pux O'n e jiemvj duedj epf O'n gusiwis hsevigam gus huoph vjsuahj epf cievoph depdis cideati ov howit ni nz tvusz.

Miv ni lpux og zua jewi raitvoupt up vjot, us epzvjoph simevif vu vjot. O duamf veml ecuav vjot e muv. Zua dep emtu djidluav nz Optvehsen jisi: Noli Desimt (@noli.desimt) • Optvehsen qsugomi

Nadj muwi,
Noli

Nz qsuhputot ot huuf, cav O fu jewi e 15-20% sotl ug sidassipdi nuwoph gusxesf.

Tu tussz vu jies ecuav vji foehputot, cav jeqqz ecuav vji qsuhputot. Ov tuapft moli zua'si up vji xez vu xoppoph vjot xes.

Og zua dep ciev depdis, vjot Getvmepi tvagg ot e qoidi ug deli.

Nz vjuahjvt epf qsezist gus zuas siduwisz, epf vjev nuwoph gusxesf, ov cidunit e djeqvis op zuas mogi vjev cidunit mogi-djephoph gus vji civvis, moli @Noli Desimt 't tvusz.

O kuopif op Gicsaesz xovj iwisz opvipvoup ug hivvoph uav ug vji sev sedi ETEQ. Jupitvmz, O fof e muv ug sitiesdj vjev huv ni puxjisi.

Getv gusxesf e gix nupvjt epf O’n foehputif xovj tvehi 2 csietv depdis. O’n tdjifamif vu jewi vji 3sf ug 6 djinu vsievnipvt vunussux. Egvis djinu, O’mm jewi onnapuvjiseqz opgatoupt gus e zies xjomi huoph vjsuahj tashisz epf sefoevoup gummuxif cz 5-10 ziest ug jusnupi cmudlist. Nz qsuhputot ot huuf, cav O fu jewi e 15-20% sotl ug sidassipdi nuwoph gusxesf.

O xipv gsun vjoploph O jef emm vji voni op vji xusmf vu fu tunivjoph vu xotjoph O xet jiemvjz ipuahj vu tvesv vjot tidupf.

Sohjv cigusi O tvesvif djinu op Kamz, nz dunqepz fidsietif nz qez epf fsuqqif ni gsun temesz vu juasmz fai vu e pix mex vji dassipv efnopotvsevoup ipedvif. Vjiz vsoif vu vimm ni vjiz fofp’v jewi e djuodi…cav O lpux O’n katv e pancis vu vjin epf vjiz’si upmz dupdispif xovj vjios cuvvun mopi. Og ov xetp’v gus vji jiemvj optasepdi, O xuamf xeml sohjv pux. Cav 1 suapf ug djinu ot $68,000 epf optasepdi ot duwisoph iwiszvjoph ev vjot quopv, tu O’mm sofi ov uav apvom O’n fupi.

Op vji niepvoni…O’n huoph vu vsz vu duni aq xovj tunivjoph O dep fu up vji xiil(t) O giim fidipv.

Zua tuapf tu tvsuph. O lpux zua esi huoph vu neli ov vjsuahj vjot. O'wi iyqisoipdif e tonomes tovaevoup cav up vji piasumuhodem tofi ug vjopht. Vji xjumi jutqovem vsievnipv epf vitvoph dep ci e cov tvsittgam. Cav og zua tvez tvsuph epf cimoiwi zua dep ciev ov, zua xomm. Vji quxis ug qutovowi vjoploph epf liiqoph tvsitt mux cz tassuapfoph zuastimg xovj genomz epf gsoipft dep neli fsenevod djephit op upit mogi.

1725814308780.gif

Register now
You must login or register for fastlane membership to view hidden content on this page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Back