The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need help

Anything related to matters of the mind

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I need help, I dont have any like minded people around me. Thats the reason why I joined this forum.

Its really bad, my family supports me but when I try to talk to my friends, they're quick to dismiss it and they just goof off, they tell me I'm insane and apparently a 9-5 job is better than entrepreneurship (my ideas are broad and a plan with a few steps) and theyre going on the slow lane.

They want to work jobs 5d for 2d off. Its sad, they only care about stuff like video games and more. (Ive been on self improvement since January 4th) but I need more support especially from other entrepreneurs.

-John

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I need help, I dont have any like minded people around me. Thats the reason why I joined this forum.

Its really bad, my family supports me but when I try to talk to my friends, they're quick to dismiss it and they just goof off, they tell me I'm insane and apparently a 9-5 job is better than entrepreneurship (my ideas are broad and a plan with a few steps) and theyre going on the slow lane.

They want to work jobs 5d for 2d off. Its sad, they only care about stuff like video games and more. (Ive been on self improvement since January 4th) but I need more support especially from other entrepreneurs.

-John
Hey man,

If your willing to take action and won't just be a one message dude I'd be down to help you earn your first 1k.
I recently got my first 1k month and I am also still in school. Btw I am not selling anything. The reason I'd like to help you is because the best way to advance a skill is by teaching it.

So tell me, how hard would you be willing to work for your first 1k?

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Nov 21, 2016
Your friends are right to doubt you -- ideas are worthless. Prove them wrong with your actions. When you can eventually show them a month you profited their entire yearly salary, then they'll be wishing they ditched the video games and really looked into the idea of entrepreneurship. As far as finding like-minded people to support your ventures, that's what MJ created this forum for. But don't make the mistake of thinking that forum members are going to hold your hand and give you a step by step guide -- the process is for you to figure out. Other entrepreneurs can be your cheerleaders and give some general advice, but ultimately you have to play the game.

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Hey man,

If your willing to take action and won't just be a one message dude I'd be down to help you earn your first 1k.
I recently got my first 1k month and I am also still in school. Btw I am not selling anything. The reason I'd like to help you is because the best way to advance a skill is by teaching it.

Im really willing to work, only problem, my idea is to open up a cafe/bakery but im still a minor and ill need a parent to help me by signing it on my behalf. But im willing to work harder just to start off.
I wont need help with making money, just need help knowing its going to be a rough journey and I need that wind in my back

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Your friends are right to doubt you -- ideas are worthless. Prove them wrong with your actions. When you can eventually show them a month you profited their entire yearly salary, then they'll be wishing they ditched the video games and really looked into the idea of entrepreneurship. As far as finding like-minded people to support your ventures, that's what MJ created this forum for. But don't make the mistake of thinking that forum members are going to hold your hand and give you a step by step process -- the process is for you to figure out. Other entrepreneurs can be your cheerleaders and give some general advice, but ultimately you have to play the game.
Thank you man, just trying to find people to help put that wind in my back yk

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Nov 21, 2016
Im really willing to work, only problem, my idea is to open up a cafe/bakery but im still a minor and ill need a parent to help me by signing it on my behalf. But im willing to work harder just to start off
What made you decide on this? You need to be very cautious about choosing a business simply because it's something you're passionate about or something you already have some skill in. If you open up a bakery and there's 10 others within two blocks from yours, then it's pretty clear there wasn't a need for it.

Last edited:

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Nov 21, 2016
Also, the fact that you're a minor is an incredible opportunity for you. Most people don't enter the entrepreneurial realm until they are at least double your age. You have the potential to retire before most entrepreneurs even start. And it's not by luck: you chose to read business books or watch YouTube videos on business that ultimately led you to here. You owe it to yourself to not waste this rare opportunity.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico

-John
I can relate to this! At probably around double your age, I have a lot of friends who either dismiss entrepreneurship or are too afraid to do anything other than work and invest. Keep showing up to the forum and in time you will find value in this community and maybe even make a few strong connections that will help guide and support you. As @Jon822 said, don't take your youth for granted and don't let it hold you back.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
What made you decide on this? You need to be very cautious about choosing a business simply because it's something you're passionate about or something you already have some skill in. If you open up a bakery and there's 10 others within two blocks from yours, then it's pretty clear there wasn't a need for it.
I have tooken that into aspect, im finding areas that lack stuff like a bakery. And im currently sick so its giving me more time to think but my mom isnt letting open a bakery claiming that apparently i need to be 25 to start a business (12 years from now) but I am also writing my own book. I mean I dont blame her but im still mad at her, I mean im asking her if I could buy a place and open a bakery. Thats like 100k.. im thinkin of just selling things outside my house to prove her I can do this. What do you think??

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Also, the fact that you're a minor is an incredible opportunity for you. Most people don't enter the entrepreneurial realm until they are at least double your age. You have the potential to retire before most entrepreneurs even start. And it's not by luck: you chose to read business books or watch YouTube videos on business that ultimately led you to here. You owe it to yourself to not waste this rare opportunity.
Ive been alot more mature in life ever since I was little, legit last year I was playing 30 hours of video games a week, then I rode in a porche with one of my moms friends whos only 38 and im like, “Whats the difference between us?” Those are the words of that got me started. Ive tried writing a few books, havent published anything yet but close to. And im planning on living freely by the age of 30, watching my children grow and give them experiences of a lifetime. So thats why i wanna become an entrepreneur (ik a mouthful mb).

benjamin_orji

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 4, 2022
Hey man,

Hello, @Subsonic can this be up for me too? I can work as hard as a soldier ant for my first 1k.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I just negotiated with my mom, she said i could start my business when im 15, is that still good?

DW85014

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 10, 2022
I have tooken that into aspect, im finding areas that lack stuff like a bakery. And im currently sick so its giving me more time to think but my mom isnt letting open a bakery claiming that apparently i need to be 25 to start a business (12 years from now) but I am also writing my own book. I mean I dont blame her but im still mad at her, I mean im asking her if I could buy a place and open a bakery. Thats like 100k.. im thinkin of just selling things outside my house to prove her I can do this. What do you think??
So you're 13?

If that's correct - first of all it's awesome that you're spending some of your time as a 13-year-old to research how to make money with grown men (and women). You should take a moment to pat yourself on the back for that much initiative that early. I can only hope that my 11-year old will be making moves like you in 2 years.

That being said, if your dream is to own a bakery why not start small by doing one of the following:

1) Selling treats at your school (I sold candy when I was about your age - I'm guessing a few others in the group did similar things.) This is a great way to get the opinion of your peers and learn what products or desserts work and which don't.
2) See if an established bakery will let you "apprentice" at their bakery. Not sure what country you're in and what restrictions exist but this might be hard depending on laws in your area. In my area I've heard about businesses getting in trouble for breaking child labor laws.
3) Set up a stand at a Farmer's market (assuming they're a thing where you live) - this is a great way to test your skills and get feedback from the local public on how good your treats are and what you can do to improve them.

Overall taking out a loan, and meeting building permits and being within local health codes...etc is a lot to take on for a 13-year-old. In the meantime, I would start small and then begin to grow.

I wish you the best of luck regardless!

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Nov 21, 2016
I'm going to be honest with you -- I don't think writing a book is a great pursuit just yet. You're skipping steps. What is the book about and why should anyone read it? While age theoretically doesn't matter, you do need to have the right skill-set or life experiences to fill a book with worthy enough content to buy. Perhaps your best bet is getting an early start on a specialized skill.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I'm going to be honest with you -- I don't think writing a book is a great pursuit just yet. You're skipping steps. What is the book about and why should anyone read it? While age theoretically doesn't matter, you do need to have the right skill-set or life experiences to fill a book with worthy enough content to buy. Perhaps your best bet is getting an early start on a specialized skill.
Its not a self help book, its a book for little kids to learn about the first people to land on the moon, historical fiction. It was a project I had not too long ago but I realize potential in it.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
So you're 13?

If that's correct - first of all it's awesome that you're spending some of your time as a 13-year-old to research how to make money with grown men (and women). You should take a moment to pat yourself on the back for that much initiative that early. I can only hope that my 11-year old will be making moves like you in 2 years.

That being said, if your dream is to own a bakery why not start small by doing one of the following:

1) Selling treats at your school (I sold candy when I was about your age - I'm guessing a few others in the group did similar things.) This is a great way to get the opinion of your peers and learn what products or desserts work and which don't.
2) See if an established bakery will let you "apprentice" at their bakery. Not sure what country you're in and what restrictions exist but this might be hard depending on laws in your area. In my area I've heard about businesses getting in trouble for breaking child labor laws.
3) Set up a stand at a Farmer's market (assuming they're a thing where you live) - this is a great way to test your skills and get feedback from the local public on how good your treats are and what you can do to improve them.

Overall taking out a loan, and meeting building permits and being within local health codes...etc is a lot to take on for a 13-year-old. In the meantime, I would start small and then begin to grow.

I wish you the best of luck regardless!
My mother has agreed to help me do some things like paper work on my behalf. I am going to probably take those steps and I probably can apprentice a bakery. I certainly have high hopes for your young one, as long as your helping them so they dont have to teach themselves like I did. If theres any advice I could give them that changed my perspective is dont be afraid to stand out; pave a different path from everyone else. And dont care what others think. You may think he doesnt think negatively but majority of older kids and young teens do, when I was 11, I styled my hair differently than I used to. I got laughed at, I came home and cried so much. Just recently, I got a buzz cut, I was laughed at and I didnt even care. Im reading books like atomic habits, physco cybernetics, millionaire fastlane , im getting laughed at, getting called names and I dont care. Its a matter of how you see yourself and finding yourself, I know you probably hear it alot but I dont want your kid to go through my pain. I changed myself to fit in. But now im paving a new path, and perfecting it.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Watch out World, 13-year-old JrJohnny is about to make waves! Awesome sir!
Haha thank you man that just made me smile and made my day, hope you have a good night sir!

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Nov 21, 2016
Don't squander your entire childhood over Fastlane ventures, though. Enjoy school, hangout with friends, and work on self-improvement when there's extra time. You have plenty of time to make lots of money. It is definitely awesome to be able to get started so young but don't overdo it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thought this was a cool thread that might help:

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Im really willing to work, only problem, my idea is to open up a cafe/bakery but im still a minor and ill need a parent to help me by signing it on my behalf. But im willing to work harder just to start off.
I wont need help with making money, just need help knowing its going to be a rough journey and I need that wind in my back.
Alright, since your ready to work hard I have 2 things you need to check off.
1. Reading the Millionaire fastlane if you haven't already
2. Write down 3 chores you think people hate doing.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Don't squander your entire childhood over Fastlane ventures, though. Enjoy school, hangout with friends, and work on self-improvement when there's extra time. You have plenty of time to make lots of money. It is definitely awesome to be able to get started so young but don't overdo it.
I know, im still hanging out with friends and family, laughing. Being active, enjoying school but its all because I found myself. I used to play video games because all my friends did, I never enjoyed them. But Ive found myself and what I enjoy (reading, working out, and researching financial stuff). I dont know why, Ive always been someone whos willing to give myself a good life later on. Im more mature aswell.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Alright, since your ready to work hard I have 2 things you need to check off.
1. Reading the Millionaire fastlane if you haven't already
2. Write down 3 chores you think people hate doing.
1. I started legit 5 days ago n im almost done

2. If you want me to write them here: dogwalking, lawnmowing and watering garden (I love all 3 of these)

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Thought this was a cool thread that might help:

Alr ty man.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I know, im still hanging out with friends and family, laughing. Being active, enjoying school but its all because I found myself. I used to play video games because all my friends did, I never enjoyed them. But Ive found myself and what I enjoy (reading, working out, and researching financial stuff). I dont know why, Ive always been someone whos willing to give myself a good life later on. Im more mature aswell. Like today im prob just going to rest and skip swimming.. Im really badly sick.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I know you're young @Jrjohnny and my own kids write the same way when messaging their friends.

It will help you in your entrepreneurial career to write full words and use proper grammar and capitalisation.

Akaushra

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Apr 15, 2023
To be honest, I’m in the same boat as you oh my friends are lazy little people who’re just gonna be content sit around all day and watch as the life disappears from them. They don’t know that they are mortal. They don’t know that they don’t have infinite time. They don’t know the things I know. They don’t know that we have to keep improving ourselves. There are one or two who have a similar mindset, but they haven’t had the same resources that we have been exposed to. That’s why we half to show them. That’s why we have to keep separating them for sitting around and doing nothing all day, even if it means, we are not as like there will be one or two of them who see that there is a different path in life, and that we can show it to them. Those are the real friends. Those are the real people who bring value to us, and we will bring value to them.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I know you're young @Jrjohnny and my own kids write the same way when messaging their friends.

It will help you in your entrepreneurial career to write full words and use proper grammar and capitalisation.
Okay, I know I don't really have the best spelling, but it might be because I’m only in 7th grade and yes. I am trying to stop typing in short-form.. Just I got to keep practicing, that’s another reason why I joined this forum.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
1. I started legit 5 days ago n im almost done

2. If you want me to write them here: dogwalking, lawnmowing and watering garden (I love all 3 of these)
Great man.

I'll keep this short since I am at the gym.
Recently I figured out the equation to make money. Not to be rich but simply a foolproof way to make some money.

You make an offer people don't want to say no to.
You make sure loads of people, to whom the offer is relevant, know about the offer.

This is a simple framework to follow if you want to make money right now without overthrowing it.

For example

"I will walk your dog without causing you any trouble or extra work"

Then make sure that one way or another, every dog owner in your area knows about that offer.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Great man.

I'll keep this short since I am at the gym.
Recently I figured out the equation to make money. Not to be rich but simply a foolproof way to make some money.

You make an offer people don't want to say no to.
You make sure loads of people, to whom the offer is relevant, know about the offer.

This is a simple framework to follow if you want to make money right now without overthrowing it.

For example

"I will walk your dog without causing you any trouble or extra work"

Then make sure that one way or another, every dog owner in your area knows about that offer.
See I was planning on that, except. There are like 4 dog walkers around my area, so thats a lot of competition, especially as a 13 year old. But there are a few schools near me. I could write a childrens book and see if they like to purchase some copies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.