The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I talked to Mark Cuban and so can you

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
Not sure how many of you know about this or not. I think it is pretty cool.

Download Mark Cuban's Cyberdust app. I like the concept of the app and I am a big fan of Mark Cuban.

You are able to message Mr. Cuban personally (no pitches or screenshots are allowed)

I've had the app a while and I like to send messages to Mr. Cuban. He does not always respond, but the fact that he even does is awesome. Keep the messages very short. Expect his to be very short. If he does reply, the wait time is anywhere from 1-3 days usually.

I figured this would be cool to share with you guys. And it is sort of my way of giving back to Mr. Cuban for his replies!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015

Download Mark Cuban's Cyberdust app. I like the concept of the app and I am a big fan of Mark Cuban.

You are able to message Mr. Cuban personally (no pitches or screenshots are allowed)

I've had the app a while and I like to send messages to Mr. Cuban. He does not always respond, but the fact that he even does is awesome. Keep the messages very short. Expect his to be very short. If he does reply, the wait time is anywhere from 1-3 days usually.

I figured this would be cool to share with you guys. And it is sort of my way of giving back to Mr. Cuban for his replies!

What sort of stuff do you talk to him about? What's the point of the app?

Thanks.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
What sort of stuff do you talk to him about? What's the point of the app?

Thanks.

Don't expect to have any "conversations" with him. I'm sure he is getting flooded and I am curious as to how he even finds time to reply. Ask short and concise questions about anything. Just do not pitch him or screenshot.

The app is similar to snap chat. But anything sent is never stored on a server and permanently deleted.

I just ask questions to get his advice sometimes. Some days he replies, some days he does not. Just keep it very short and concise.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What benefit did you gain from this

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Somewhere around the 2004 time frame I read a magazine article that featured him. I sent him an email and he replied to me. It was a very cool moment. I kept the email for as long as I could until my college email was closed.

I've been a big fan of him ever since then.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016

From talking to him? Every once in a while I will ask a question related to business or something. Really short questions. Once I was feeling a little down about my business and my situation. I sent him a message. He replied with something simple "Keep grinding". While it may have been simple it was powerful for me. I am a huge fan of Mr. Cuban. I only follow self made men. Like Mark Cuban and Andrew Carnegie for example. I do not care how wealthy a person is, if they are not self made I pay them no attention. People like that usually piss me off more than anything.

I'm not good buddies with Mr. Cuban by any means lol. I have no idea if he even knows my name. All I know is that he replies sometimes and I am extremely grateful for him taking the time to do that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted35442

Snippets of wisdom from a guy with many lifetimes more in combined net worth (3 billion $$$$) than the entire forum combined I'd presume. No benefit, no benefit whatsoever.

@Mr4213 Good stuff. Never heard of this app. Cuban does offer some quality non-fluff advice though. What were the questions/replies?

Great interview by him all should watch:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
I'd rather hear "keep at it man" from a guy like Mark Cuban than hear it from a family member.

Having even someone that's on his level notice you and respond to you must fill you with some god damn determination to get shit done.Even if it's a simple sentence.I'm definitely going to check this app out later.

Yeah, he is a great guy.

The first time I sent him a message I said "I am going to become a billionaire and meet you one day". To which he said "I look forward to it"

Mind = blown

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Snippets of wisdom from a guy with many lifetimes more in combined net worth (3 billion $$$$) than the entire forum combined I'd presume. No benefit, no benefit whatsoever.

@Mr4213 Good stuff. Never heard of this app. Cuban does offer some quality non-fluff advice though. What were the questions/replies?

It was a question not directed to you. I wanted to see what his takeaway was. If I wanted to know what your take away was from his conversations with Mark Cuban… I would have asked you.

If you rate snippets of advice from people based on how much money they have, then the snippet of advice from you is worth exactly what you were paid for it.

Last edited:

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
@Vigilante

My take away from Mr. Cuban is that he is a great person. IMHO his ability to communicate with regular people like me is one of the reasons for his business success. He talks with the customer and figures out himself what the needs are. I know for damn sure I can't conveniently communicate with the CEO of google and get a timely response. Mr. Cuban cuts through all the bullshit and talks directly with his customers. I think that is something everyone in this forum should take away.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante

My take away from Mr. Cuban is that he is a great person. IMHO his ability to communicate with regular people like me is one of the reasons for his business success. He talks with the customer and figures out himself what the needs are. I know for damn sure I can't conveniently communicate with the CEO of google and get a timely response. Mr. Cuban cuts through all the bullshit and talks directly with his customers. I think that is something everyone in this forum should take away.

Awesome and super inspiring. Also worthwhile to note that he was able to give to you in a concise communication format. We probably use to many words.

Rep+ for posting this.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
Don't expect to have any "conversations" with him. I'm sure he is getting flooded and I am curious as to how he even finds time to reply. Ask short and concise questions about anything. Just do not pitch him or screenshot.

The app is similar to snap chat. But anything sent is never stored on a server and permanently deleted.

I just ask questions to get his advice sometimes. Some days he replies, some days he does not. Just keep it very short and concise.

Thanks for the info man, it sounds amazing, downloading as we speak...

Keep grinding :D

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
Just downloaded this app and sent him a message, let's see how it goes! I wish Gary Vee did something like this.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Just downloaded this app and sent him a message, let's see how it goes! I wish Gary Vee did something like this.
I hope that was sarcasm, if so...brilliant :)

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016

Wonder if its actually him or an automated canned response produced by the app itself.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
There was a dude who came here pitching a tool for successful entrepreneurs to talk to beginners. He got lambasted for good reason, and the main concern is what the draw is for the successful.

This tool seems really cool, and (not that he needs it) could be a successful venue for upselling services or potentially promoting his own investments.

I don't think Mark Cuban is doing this out of the goodness of his heart, but if he's really putting some time into it, it could be worthwhile.

I'll download it and see if I get a reply from Mark.

limitless_c

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
248%
Apr 29, 2016
Chile
Op didn't say that his life is based around what mark cuban says, he just shared something that he thinks its cool.
Why you are so resentful at him?

edit: No, I dont send messages to mark cuban

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Within my priorities, receiving an impersonal five-word response from Marc Cuban is about # 14,231 on my list of importance.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Cuban is a genius.

He gets people to share his stuff virally (like this app!).

Nothing wrong with that.

I bet he does weigh in from time to time to check on his investment and play for a few minutes.

The responses were likely all written by him at one point. Whether or not they're reposted by a VA in the Philippines at this point or not is immaterial. People will still use it, as everyone is looking for a ray of sunshine.

If someone gets motivated by a word or two from this app, then I say EXCELLENT. If they need a kick in the a$$, a kind word, or a motivational quote, get it. It's just one step on the journey.

You'll see two types of responses on this thread. Those looking for motivation, that will find it interesting.... and those who aren't or don't need external motivation, who will see zero utility in the app. Both are correct.

I'd never use it (don't care, if Mark Cuban wants to chat with me he can call me) but I am fascinated by the aspect that he has a business that people will use and post simply because his hand print is on it.

I get it. I don't fault the star gazers. He's a prolific entrepreneur with a high profile, and the perception of access to him. Brilliant.

The kid that posted this is a few weeks detached from wanting to live in a van on well below poverty wages. If a word from Mark Cuban's app is what he needs to motivate, then I say TWEET AWAY MARK CUBAN (or your virtual assistant).

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

JokerCrazyBeatz

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 1, 2016
I used to text a famous rapper directly ! He liked my beatz hit me on social media and gave me his # I swear he changed it like every 2 weeks lol , he is no longer big and I don't have his # anymore but at the time that was the coolest shit in the world , to be tweeted from a verified celebrity saying he loves my work THEN given his personal #

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I used to text a famous rapper directly ! He liked my beatz hit me on social media and gave me his # I swear he changed it like every 2 weeks lol , he is no longer big and I don't have his # anymore but at the time that was the coolest shit in the world , to be tweeted from a verified celebrity saying he loves my work THEN given his personal #

This is pretty different than that though.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

rc08234

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jun 29, 2011
South Jersey

What is it about gary vee that you like? Ive seen his name multiple times on here and I dont see what the draw is

D

Deleted35442

It was a question not directed to you. I wanted to see what his takeaway was. If I wanted to know what your take away was from his conversations with Mark Cuban… I would have asked you.

If you rate snippets of advice from people based on how much money they have, then the snippet of advice from you is worth exactly what you were paid for it.

There's a probably a reason why people are lining up for a Mark Cuban app and not a Vigilante app. See, people take advice from people that have a track record of making money (or the illusion of making money). But I guess I''ll suffer resuming to take advice from the non-Tai Lopez's of the world that have amassaed 8, 9 figure fortunes. ;) In fact, going to go ask our yoga teacher where the Dow is gonna be next year. Cheers.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
There's a probably a reason why people are lining up for a Mark Cuban app and not a Vigilante app. See, people take advice from people that have a track record of making money (or the illusion of making money). But I guess I''ll suffer resuming to take advice from the non-Tai Lopez's of the world that have amassaed 8, 9 figure fortunes. ;) In fact, going to go ask our yoga teacher where the Dow is gonna be next year. Cheers.

Some people just don't listen, don't take hints, and just can't help themselves.

You've been removed from the forum -- I'm not gonna suffer through another damn day with your ego on this forum, belittling moderators, users, and whomever else makes you feel better. If your butt-boys "money is God" types want to follow you out, be my guest.

A reminder for the rest of us: I don't give two f*cks what you claim to make, who you claim to know, and what you claim to do -- if you're an a**hole in 9 out of 10 of your posts, you're not gonna be sitting at this dinner table.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.