The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If you could watch the whole process from day #1 to year #1, what would you want to see?

BrandonS85

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
378%
Sep 8, 2015
Ohio USA
Had a few people ask to do it, and would like to make a serious go of it in 2017.

All I do is buy lower end real estate (Sub $50k) in my market of Central Ohio. Mostly the stuff that people are overly scared to buy or don't think they can make money from it.

There seems to be alot of confusion, and alot of people making fun of doing it, so I figured next year it could be fun to document the whole entire process from how to find a candidate property, assessing cashflow, rehab, then finally renting it out and the process of what can happen in a year time.

So, my question is, what kind of format would make the most sense for this? Youtube videos as the process goes along? Just shoot the whole thing over a year then edit it at the end? Streaming video very time something happens? Would like input on what would make sense and be the more interesting thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
648%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
So, my question is, what kind of format would make the most sense for this? Youtube videos as the process goes along? Just shoot the whole thing over a year then edit it at the end? Streaming video very time something happens? Would like input on what would make sense and be the more interesting thing.

This is great.

Maybe a timelapse video of different parts of the house during remodeling + you talking in front of the camera about different steps?

For example:

1. You describing how you went about searching for a house (with screencapture of you going through sites, doing it, etc.)
2. The house you purchase (financials are always awesome).
3. A timelapse of the house being remodeled.
4. A breakdown of the financials that went into remodeling with you talking.
5. A breakdown of the rental process and post rent expected financials.
6. The next step.

+Rep. Thanks for doing this!

jairon

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 19, 2016
Yes it would sure be nice to see a timelapse video of your process

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
My first thought was that someone would use your method against you but then I realized there are many, many areas this could be used in.

My preference is text with pictures (see thread below) but I know others love video.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...the-podcast-trend-and-watching-youtube.70952/

Back to your main question - Periodic updates (bi-weekly, monthly, etc) would keep people coming and probably reduce the load for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.