The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm Emptying My Account and Selling My Stocks

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
I am currently working on a blog, writing eBooks and I'm working with a partner on a web based service. All three of these ventures require start-up funds to get the success I'm looking for. I'm trying freelancing and that's going on kind of slowly, and I'm looking to make money now, because I need the money now. I decided to start flipping cars with a friend, he'd provide the money and I'd do the work. Then I thought to myself.......he's providing the money, taking the risk, and I'll take a %. He's paying me, I'm working for him. No thanks, I'm not in this to work for someone. So I searched and found a great car I can flip, so I am emptying my bank account, selling my stocks and taking the risks necessary to become Fastlane. I'm terrified, but also excited. The worst case scenario in this deal is that I have to part the car out and break even, and that's if something goes horribly wrong. I'm still terrified, though. But once I start making enough profit from flipping cars, I will have the marketing budget to market my blog and eBooks and my web service that I am working to create. Flipping cars is a great way to gain huge profits (Looking at at least a 200% profit on this one alone) and this is the jolt I'm looking for.

Sorry for the ramble, but here we go.

EDIT: I've now decided I won't just limit myself on cars. I'm going to do some Craigslist flipping to get all of my start-up funds. I have a # in mind for what I need for each thing, and am going to flip on CL for that #. In the spare time I'm not CL flipping, I'll be working on writing and my web service.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
I have some experience and I am also working with my step-dad, who is an expert and has years and years of experience. The risk is very minimal for our deals and the rewards will be at least a few hundred per deal.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
The one truck I was looking at that would get me a great profit was sold before I got a chance to buy it. However, I did buy a computer, tablet, monitor and speaker bundle. I took the better RAM and better CPU from that computer and put them into my computer, switched the better monitor there with my worst monitor then sold the computer, tablet and a projector that I was selling all for $750. $350 for the computer, $300 for the projector, $100 for the tablet. Paid $200 for the bundle and made $450, so $250 profit. Then straight $300 profit on the projector, minus what my dad wants out of it. I'm also buying two laptops today for $40 each, going to repair them at $0 cost (I have the parts already) and then sell them between $120-$150 each, so $80-110 profit on each. I also got my first freelance client, and that'll be a $45 pay-out to me. And I've launched the landing page on my web service and my developer and I are very close to finishing the final product. I also launched a new e-book.

Tl;dr:
Flipped computer and tablet - Paid $200, Made $450, $250 Profit
Buying laptops, fixing and selling - Paying $40 each, $80 total, Selling for $120-$150 each, $80-$110 profit each
First freelance job - Paying $45
Launched landing page
Launched new eBook on Amazon

MadStacks

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jan 31, 2015
I am currently working on a blog, writing eBooks and I'm working with a partner on a web based service. All three of these ventures require start-up funds to get the success I'm looking for. I'm trying freelancing and that's going on kind of slowly, and I'm looking to make money now, because I need the money now. I decided to start flipping cars with a friend, he'd provide the money and I'd do the work. Then I thought to myself.......he's providing the money, taking the risk, and I'll take a %. He's paying me, I'm working for him. No thanks, I'm not in this to work for someone. So I searched and found a great car I can flip, so I am emptying my bank account, selling my stocks and taking the risks necessary to become Fastlane. I'm terrified, but also excited. The worst case scenario in this deal is that I have to part the car out and break even, and that's if something goes horribly wrong. I'm still terrified, though. But once I start making enough profit from flipping cars, I will have the marketing budget to market my blog and eBooks and my web service that I am working to create. Flipping cars is a great way to gain huge profits (Looking at at least a 200% profit on this one alone) and this is the jolt I'm looking for.

Sorry for the ramble, but here we go.

EDIT: I've now decided I won't just limit myself on cars. I'm going to do some Craigslist flipping to get all of my start-up funds. I have a # in mind for what I need for each thing, and am going to flip on CL for that #. In the spare time I'm not CL flipping, I'll be working on writing and my web service.

theres no way ur going to successfully be able to do all 3 of ur ventures at once.

pick one and focus all of ur energy on it.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Of course. I'm flipping and doing copywriting to be the start-up funds my web service needs. If i'm playing the waiting game, it's time being used to write or flip.

risingtomillions

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
May 31, 2015
although you cant keep it up for long before you have to focus, I like your zeal, now lets see if you can maintain it for the next five years. Good luck

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.