The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Implementing Kaizen Into Your Biz and Life

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
So at my 9-5 job, we have these things called "POM" sheets - which stands for Preventative Orderly Maintenance. The layout of these sheets is sort of ingenious and I thought I would share.

In the words of Aristotle (I think) “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”

Here's an example of what one of these POM sheets would look like:
pommy.jpg

So it's relatively simple. You basically do the tasks on the list specified for that day (the lighter colored boxes) and them X them of when you finish them. It's a nice little dopamine hit when you cross each item off, so it seems much easier to stick with. You can put little footnote numbers next to each task that has a specific routine or standard operating procedure associated with it.

For items that you don't do every week, you can schedule "Work Orders" in Google Calendar by setting automatic, repeating events that you need to do biweekly or monthly, etc.

These things are an easy way to help you stay on track and continuously make your business and life incrementally better, week by week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sethamus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Sep 13, 2019
Northshore area, New Orleans
I like it. one of the Puerto Rico guys showed me how he used google calendar to schedule his days and so have been trying to implement a schedule as much as possible. Obviously I slip, but the calendar gives me a constant reminder that I am sucking if I skip a day and blow most of the items off.

One of the easiest presentations I did for a work promotion was on Kaizen...which should be rolled back and called “The American Way” since we taught it to the Japanese in the first place after WWII...even if we did forget it to some extent.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.