The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Is there a guide or something on the actual setup in FollowLiker to do this?

Thanks for great thread by the way :)

I am not specifically sure if there is a guide specifically for this set up. I had to contact FollowLiker help to figure out how to get this to work.

However, FollowLiker does not make this feature very easy to access for those just starting out. I would be glad to walk you through it over a Skype call, it will take less than 10 minutes to get your entire FollowLiker set up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
@Mikkel I've changed my strategy. Still liking for 12 hours/day at 60 likes/hr. But targeting one specialized tag only instead of twelve generic tags.

The tag is a new, different tag. The pics with this tag only get a few likes, are abundant (a new pic every 10 mins at worst under "most recent"), and is full of my target audience.

I got only one follow yesterday with the old method: liking pics with generic tags like [HASHTAG]#squat[/HASHTAG], which is full of IGs of hot girls that won't like or follow back. Let's see if the new method works.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
@Mikkel
I got only one follow yesterday with the old method: liking pics with generic tags like [HASHTAG]#squat[/HASHTAG], which is full of IGs of hot girls that won't like or follow back. Let's see if the new method works.

Interested to hear the results.

I typically would go directly to the source, people who already like photos that are similar to yours, but testing new things is how we determine was does and does not work ;) So keep at it!

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Interested to hear the results.

I typically would go directly to the source, people who already like photos that are similar to yours, but testing new things is how we determine was does and does not work ;) So keep at it!

Also, I'm not sure yet whether liking at nighttime is more efficient than liking at daytime, and that vs liking on the weekends.

There is less on-the-spot interaction when someone's asleep. Both yield excitement in the person, but there's more incentive to interact when the person is awake and on IG.

I'll like during the entire day on the weekends, but I may or may not need a different hashtag (or, at least add a different one). I'll update on Monday at the latest.

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
I had to contact FollowLiker help to figure out how to get this to work.

I just sent them a message about this asking for a guideline :)

I would be glad to walk you through it over a Skype call, it will take less than 10 minutes to get your entire FollowLiker set up.
THAT would be awesome! I will PM you the handle, and if you can find the time for a 10-minute call I will be deeply grateful!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Also, I'm not sure yet whether liking at nighttime is more efficient than liking at daytime, and that vs liking on the weekends.

There is less on-the-spot interaction when someone's asleep. Both yield excitement in the person, but there's more incentive to interact when the person is awake and on IG.

I'll like during the entire day on the weekends, but I may or may not need a different hashtag (or, at least add a different one). I'll update on Monday at the latest.

The way I look at Instagram and liking photos is, if you can like a photo when someone is CURRENTLY online, they will automatically see the notification. The reason is, when they first open up IG, they look at their notifications. Then, during the time they are still online, you like a photo of there's. Now, you are the ONLY notification that is recent. Two things can happen, they either could care less who liked their photo OR they devote 100% attention to your page, because you are the only new notification they have.

It is a bit difficult to time these correctly, since specific techniques we can do manually are not set up to be preformed by FollowLiker. But we can attempt to do this in different ways. For instance, you choose to like photos in hashtags. In your settings you can select a very active hashtag and click "Scrape only top posts. I believe, but not sure, if that will scrape the most recent photos. If it is so, than you are liking photos that people posted within 5 minutes ish.

I just sent them a message about this asking for a guideline :)

No need, I'll teach you when we hop on our Skype call today :tiphat:

belmondziak

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 26, 2015
Hello everybody..
I was writing in other thread but without reply so maybe here someone will be know anwser for my questions .

Do you have problem like me with instagram , that at least few times per month ig force you to change password ?
Sometimes i'm not able to add caption and hasztags to my photo ?

And bigger problem which i have with my account. I use massplaner . I follow about 1250 people per day in my niche and after 2 days unfollow them.
1-2 likes after follow ,sometimes comment as well.
First two weeks was really great . My account was gaining 130-200 new followers per day but. . . Since few days is totall disaster.
I gain 1-80 new followers per day , two times less than before ...I don't have idea why ? All settings are the same. Instagram don't like me or what ?
someone have a clue what is going on ? I will be thankful .
Best Regards

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
And bigger problem which i have with my account. I use massplaner . I follow about 1250 people per day in my niche and after 2 days unfollow them.

This is most likely your problem.
It is against IG terms and services to use planners to post photos for you. However, IG may not be able to pick on this.
The other problem is you should NEVER follow accounts in hopes to gain followers. Treat your account like a business. Following an account and than unfollowing an account is rude. However, liking photos is common practice on Instagram, so I suggest doing this.

My suggestion is to make a brand new Instagram account and start over. In the eyes of Instagram, you already ruined that account. That is not to be rude by the way. I myself have had 3 accounts banned before I figured out how Instagram works. It's all part of the process :smoking:

As for the password changes. Have you verified your email account? Also, Instagram has some funny ways of dealing with people that use spam(follow/unfollow) to gain followers. It MIGHT be Instagram's method of asking you to stop. I have never had this problem though, so I am not sure.

belmondziak

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 26, 2015
This is most likely your problem.
It is against IG terms and services to use planners to post photos for you. However, IG may not be able to pick on this.
The other problem is you should NEVER follow accounts in hopes to gain followers. Treat your account like a business. Following an account and than unfollowing an account is rude. However, liking photos is common practice on Instagram, so I suggest doing this.

My suggestion is to make a brand new Instagram account and start over. In the eyes of Instagram, you already ruined that account. That is not to be rude by the way. I myself have had 3 accounts banned before I figured out how Instagram works. It's all part of the process :smoking:

As for the password changes. Have you verified your email account? Also, Instagram has some funny ways of dealing with people that use spam(follow/unfollow) to gain followers. It MIGHT be Instagram's method of asking you to stop. I have never had this problem though, so I am not sure.

Yes , i verified .
I just wonder what's has changed ? Why everything was ok in few first weeks .Amount accounts which i follow i don't think that it is the problem .
IG would block me if i would follow too much people per day.

And i wonder as well how it is possible that exist on instagram accounts with 700-800 photos with 1milion followers ? it means that account doesn't exist more than 2 years, if they post one photos per day and and gain aroud 1500(!) new followers per day , F*ckin hell, how ?
And thank you for your reply

Polarbeans

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Nov 18, 2014
No need, I'll teach you when we hop on our Skype call today :tiphat:
Awesome call with @Mikkels today, an even more awesome guy! I hope you land your client :)

+rep

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Awesome call with @Mikkels today, an even more awesome guy! I hope you land your client :)

+rep
Much appreciated! Really enjoyed our chat as well! We will have to stay in touch :tiphat:

Yes , i verified .
I just wonder what's has changed ? Why everything was ok in few first weeks .Amount accounts which i follow i don't think that it is the problem .
IG would block me if i would follow too much people per day.

Nothing has changed. Instagram does not always ban you immediately. If you continue to do the same exactions that are against its ToA or its Maximum Limit(To many Likes/Follows/Unfollows per hour) They will eventually "punish you."

My recommendation is, learn from this mistake. Instagram has guidelines. You can succeed with Instagram IF you work within their guidelines.
Adapt and Succeed

And i wonder as well how it is possible that exist on instagram accounts with 700-800 photos with 1milion followers ? it means that account doesn't exist more than 2 years, if they post one photos per day and and gain aroud 1500(!) new followers per day , F*ckin hell, how ?

A lot of accounts will delete photos that they don't think "fits" with their Instagram account. If you ever looked at my main account you will only see 30 photos... but with 38K followers. It's because I don't want to many photos posted. So that is why it looks that way.

Another reason may be because the do cross promotions and may gain upwards to 7,000 followers a day. Better believe that is possible with proper branding and the right connections ;)

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Amazing post, @JimD. Thanks a lot! I took quite a few notes and I'm very excited to get started.

@eliquid, how are things going?

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I had to stop my campaigns due to some issues I had ( good issues, but still issues ).

I plan to resume in 2017 though.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
I had to stop my campaigns due to some issues I had ( good issues, but still issues ).

I plan to resume in 2017 though.

Thanks for the update, that was quick! Best of luck to you.

Oren112

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 18, 2016
Hey Mikkel

Did you try CPA offers through Instagram at all. Even when you created simple landing pages to redirect to offers, was it not converting well??

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Did you try CPA offers through Instagram at all. Even when you created simple landing pages to redirect to offers, was it not converting well??

I tried CPA for a very short period of time. I'm sure if I kept at it I would have converted but instead I left that field and decided to set my sights on starting my own business through Instagram instead. So, I couldn't discourage anyone from trying affiliate marketing online. For myself, it was not the right choice. If you go at it with the right angle, you can make money though.
I have yet to find that angle, nor do I think I will even attempt to find that angle, to be honest.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Is the "one post per four hours" rule one to keep in mind later on, once you start gaining traction, or should new accounts follow this rule as well?

@JimD @eliquid

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Looks like I am banned from creating any more Instagram accounts. When I try to create a new account I get an error message.

Question for the Instagram experts here - if I buy/start an account on another IP and then log on with my phone/laptop is it likely to get banned now?

I have never been straight up banned but I did create a lot of accounts I just abandoned in the past.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Looks like I am banned from creating any more Instagram accounts. When I try to create a new account I get an error message.

Question for the Instagram experts here - if I buy/start an account on another IP and then log on with my phone/laptop is it likely to get banned now?

I have never been straight up banned but I did create a lot of accounts I just abandoned in the past.

There was the following quote from earlier; maybe this could help.

I have a rooted android device which allows me to create unlimited accounts. There are alsoe (sic) services out there that create IG accounts for you. You do need dedicated IG proxies which I also pay for. And I have sources over seas for phone verification as well as a pv (phone verification) panel (no way around phone verifications)

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire

From what I understand, 1 phone is only allow to create 5ish accounts. I don't think it was so much that you were banned from Instagram, but rather you reached your limit with that phone.

I suggest only using those accounts that you made on that phone and no more. For myself, I only will log into a max of 4 accounts per phone(I believe 5 is okay, but pushing it.)

One way to get around this is MassPlanner. @dominikwagenmann shed light on this amazing program. You esentially pay monthly to have a punch of Instagram accounts on one software program. You can do everything you would want to on a phone, but can have as many accounts as you want. You just need an IP address for these accounts.

I think this is a much more viable option, rather than Rooting your phone.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
From what I understand, 1 phone is only allow to create 5ish accounts. I don't think it was so much that you were banned from Instagram, but rather you reached your limit with that phone.

I suggest only using those accounts that you made on that phone and no more. For myself, I only will log into a max of 4 accounts per phone(I believe 5 is okay, but pushing it.)

One way to get around this is MassPlanner. @dominikwagenmann shed light on this amazing program. You esentially pay monthly to have a punch of Instagram accounts on one software program. You can do everything you would want to on a phone, but can have as many accounts as you want. You just need an IP address for these accounts.

I think this is a much more viable option, rather than Rooting your phone.

Thanks for the share! I'll definitely be checking MassPlanner out.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
@Mikkel and @TheDillon__ do you know if my IPod would work under the same WiFi.
I just don't want to get in a few months and get shut down. Thanks.

Risky and I wouldn't be able to confidently tell you :/ However, I look at it as if my college has people using a bunch of different Instagram accounts and we don't get shut down. I don't believe it would be a problem, but I would look at BHW and see if anyone there has answers.

AlphaWulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Aug 8, 2016
Thanks for the share! I'll definitely be checking MassPlanner out.

If you use Massplanner for only Instagram, they have an edition that is cheaper than the regular version: http://www.massplanner.com/instagram-poster/

Regular version is $10/month but must pay one time $70 for unlimited accounts but this version is $17/month and unlimited Instagram accounts

Balasta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 21, 2016
Hello everyone! Currently growing my first IG account. Been doing follow/unfollow. Stopped it because start gaining organic follower from suggestions i guess. If i start doing follow/unfollow again to maximize quantity of followers can it damage my positions and get me removed from suggestions?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hello everyone! Currently growing my first IG account. Been doing follow/unfollow. Stopped it because start gaining organic follower from suggestions i guess. If i start doing follow/unfollow again to maximize quantity of followers can it damage my positions and get me removed from suggestions?

I doubt it would remove you from the suggestions. However, do you think it is good branding to follow someone and then unfollow them right after?

I know it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Balasta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 21, 2016
I doubt it would remove you from the suggestions. However, do you think it is good branding to follow someone and then unfollow them right after?

I know it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Thanks for your response Mikkel.

Think of this as giving away invitational promo flyers on a street. I just simply invite active people from my niche. You like it - you follow, if don't then don't follow.
If don't like to be unfollowed then post good content, but if you have only couple pics of your dog and a selfie then don't get upset..
I target only average ppl not big accounts who looking for subscribers for themselves.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Thanks for your response Mikkel.

Think of this as giving away invitational promo flyers on a street. I just simply invite active people from my niche. You like it - you follow, if don't then don't follow.
If don't like to be unfollowed then post good content, but if you have only couple pics of your dog and a selfie then don't get upset..
I target only average ppl not big accounts who looking for subscribers for themselves.

Are you planning on selling products or do affiliate products from Instagram?

I'm not sure how much of the thread you have read, but there are much better ways to gain followers than the follow/unfollow method.

If you haven't, than I suggest you read some of the thread post. There is quite a lot of good content in these 20 pages, and a lot of repeated content. Along with all this content there are methods in how people gain followers and the reasons why we do or don't use certain methods.

Balasta

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 21, 2016
Are you planning on selling products or do affiliate products from Instagram?

I'm not sure how much of the thread you have read, but there are much better ways to gain followers than the follow/unfollow method.

If you haven't, than I suggest you read some of the thread post. There is quite a lot of good content in these 20 pages, and a lot of repeated content. Along with all this content there are methods in how people gain followers and the reasons why we do or don't use certain methods.

Read it all.
Been using follow/unfollow because it worked best for me.
Not using bots or any automated programms for mass following/liking. By following a person it's like marking them so you not wasting your time on them again.
Yeah I know with liking you don't have to unfollow and etc. But after certain amount, it's hard to know for sure if you liked this person before or not, because I'm doing it manualy.
My original question was about losing my positions from suggestions(IG algoritm) and you answered it at best of your knowlege. Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.